Hands-On With Apple Card

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

lol it’s not so bad this time for me.

2. Four by Six macrumors member

I got an invite one day after adding my email to the notify website. Then it took less than a minute to sign up and be approved.

I upgraded to latest iOS and followed instructions and it would not let me add the Apple credit card to Apple Pay. I did an internet search for answers and found I had to sign out of Apple account and then back in, and then it worked.

Though 3 days into it and only one place has taken Apple pay and had a working reader thus far. The physical card has not arrived yet.

3. ruslan120 macrumors 6502

ruslan120

That would be cool. AppleCare+ on all Apple Devices purchased with the card as long as you have it.

4. ruslan120 macrumors 6502

ruslan120

It’s in the packaging. I took mine apart right after I activated.

5. ignatius345 macrumors 68020

There is a card number, so I can’t see why you couldn’t set it up for a recurring charge with whatever merchant you choose. I set mine as my default payment method for the App Store and iTunes and my iCloud subscription. I believe those will get the 3% cash back?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:27 PM ---
    Like others have said, the benefits are not earth shattering but the design is nice and it’s kind of a fun interface in the wallet app. Even if I just use it for the 3% off on Apple stuff, that makes it worthwhile right there considering there’s no annual fee.

6. ctyrider macrumors 6502a

ctyrider

Huh? My CitiCash card gives me 2% rebate on ALL purchases, ApplePay or not.

7. Baymowe335 macrumors 601

I said very few. Citi is one that does, but it also has foreign transaction fees so you can’t use it traveling...huge negative. We’ve been over this.

You see...no one card has everything.

8. maniacmedia macrumors regular

maniacmedia

According to what I read today, that is correct.

9. osaga macrumors 6502

Matte black with the apple logo on the back instead of the front. Ever since the late 1990's I've heard rumors of an elite all black credit card, with some sort of concierge service and a 100k spending limit. Why the hell hasn't a credit card company just printed up some black ones en mass for average duchbags? It's mindboggeling

10. adeadpixel macrumors newbie

Just want to take a second to acknowledge those test purchases being from Mentor Ohio, represent!

11. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I've had a metal card for the past 7 years through sapphire. The benefits are substantial compared to other cards which offer much more value as long as you do the research. People are just trying to justify getting one in any way they can think of.

12. TomOSeven macrumors 6502

TomOSeven

There's an article missing:

Hands-On With The Apple Card

13. maniacmedia macrumors regular

maniacmedia

Just a $500 annual fee. And, it's a metal card.
    https://www.luxurycard.com/blackcard

14. exterminator macrumors regular

can someone explain to me what is the point of this?

15. AxiomaticRubric macrumors 6502

AxiomaticRubric

That would require a lot of cooperation. Normally banks prefer to offer their own mobile apps for balance and transaction viewing.

The other issue is having a shared standard. Not all banks use the same information systems so getting every bank on board with one common client system would be a major challenge.

16. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502a

M.PaulCezanne

It should offer at least one or two other perks (e.g., Apple Care+ free of charge with eligible purchases).

17. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Lmaooo these comments never fail. Wow. Can you please reply to my post? I’m very curious why people like you continue to say things like this in the Apple Card threads.

Seriously I am genuinely curious. Do you think people are just clueless as to what other cards are out there? Or do you think that people getting Apple Card don’t have any other credit card?

Please reply.

18. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

That’s pretty paltry, Baymowe. Look up Chase Sapphire or AMEX Platinum benefits. Heck, lookup Amex Gold, which is free.

19. splogue macrumors 6502

splogue

That's why people have more than one type of card.

20. 5KDan macrumors member

AmEx Gold isn't free... there's a $250 annual fee. Source: I just paid mine.

21. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

Let's see! :cool:

22. Chet-NYC macrumors newbie

Chet-NYC

If the reward was 2% using the physical card as well as Apple Pay, then this would be better than Citibank's DoubleCash MasterCard.
    Then I'd be waiting eagerly to get this card. Otherwise, I'm just on the fence.
    The 3% for Apple purchases isn't a big deal-- I can get a sales tax (8.875%) rebate at B&H Photo with their own Payboo credit card.

23. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I love mine. The features are nice, daily cash is cool, I like the simplicity of it all, card is nice and hefty. Leave it to Apple to make me enjoy spending money.

24. lwilco8847 macrumors newbie

lwilco8847

I signed up months ago, very early on to be notified. Then I couldn't remember if I signed up or not (about 1 month ago?) I tried again, it said...oops, you've already signed up. Ok, cool. My husband signed up after my 2nd attempt and he received his email from apple 3 days ago. I have received nothing. :-( I just went to sign up again, and it took my email address this time. SMH Hopefully, I'll receive my email in short time now.

25. coreyrexroad macrumors newbie

Has anyone else received their Apple Card yet?

I'm actually disappointed with the sloppy edges around my name on the front of the card.

IMG-0055.JPG