Help ASAP I need complaints department for Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

That’s what I was saying but the agent refused to process a replacement.

2. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

You need to get at that agent's manager, look like a helpless customer getting bullied by the agent, and maybe they will throw something else in for free for the inconvenience on top of the replacement.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Is there an Apple store nearby (assuming you bought directly from Apple)? That way you can get your iPhone issue resolved ASAP.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yes it’s bout directly from Apple. I bought full price unlock without sim. There’s no stock available anywhere near me. I’m pissed.

5. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

You don't get a replacement when you return a phone for refund.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Huh? I want a replacement but if these numbnuts refuse then I will return.

7. Enthusiastic28a Suspended

Return it already

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

As others have already suggested, escalate the complaint above a senior advisor or make the return if necessary. It's a simple as that.

9. Newtons Apple, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Because the OP is trying to make a point and would rather swing wildly at the windmill. Oh the drama!

We went from "It's here yeeeee" to this in less than a week!

10. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I would return it, and personally would not even get another one right now, given all these experiences with freezing and lagginess that I'm seeing all over. Wait and see if it gets straightened out before getting another one.

11. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

RETURN THE PHONE AND ORDER A NEW ONE. HOW HARD IS THIS?

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

2 of them were “senior advisers”
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017 ---
    THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK....

13. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

How do you expect them to replace your phone if THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK?

14. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

That’s their problem isn’t it... they should’ve had a working phone out of the box. Andddd it doesn’t take an Einstein to figure out that they have to allocate inventory for replacement? RIGHT?

15. 4ppleg1rl macrumors regular

When you're making phones at the scale that Apple makes them, there are BOUND to be phones with issues, even if it's just 1% of them, that's still a LOT of phones.

I don't know why you're being rude, people here are just trying to help. We've given you options, you do what you want with them. Go to the store and get them to replace it. If not, return it and wait till it comes back in stock. There really aren't any other options so chill out.

16. Newtons Apple, Sep 28, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No, it is now your problem. It is how Apple would treat anyone. Return the phone and order another

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Then wait, I could be wrong, but you seem to buy a phone every year, you may have one that could be used until stock levels stabilize.
    So you're frustrated because they've refused to replace the phone - because they don't have any to replace it :eek:

What do you want them to do then?
    Perhaps it does. We consumers (and I'm guilty of this), over simplify things and expect a retailer to jump through hoops because the consumers demands are "easy" Well that's not always the case.

Did you call another apple store, they may have stock, either way returning it is your best bet, but if you want to keep fighting it, good luck. I don't see any good coming of it. Yes you may eventually get the phone replaced but only after a protracted discussion and by then you could have returned and bought a new phone with less stress and aggravation imo.

Also be sure that the your old phone's backup is in fact not corrupted. i had an issue that the backup was bad and the phone was fine.

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Which is why I stated you should escalate it to above a Senior Advisor. There is a difference.

19. Appl3FTW, Sep 28, 2017

Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I was rude? I wasn’t the one talking in all caps and trying to be smart. But thanks anyways.
    Bro, how much “senior advisor” much more can I get??? What’s the difference? Ive mentioned ive had 2 already and they didn’t do anything to resolve my issue. First one had no care, second one was plain rude and dismissive.
    Yes I do but I want the phone. It’s not like I want a refund, I want a working iPhone 8 plus that is not crappy AF. I called and there are nothing in stores around me.
    No, it’s not that they told me they don’t have anything in stock. The crappy (and I use this word because I have to restrain from calling her what she actually is) flat out told me why should we replace the phone?

I mean WTFFFF

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

For the record, please don't refer to people as "Bro" on the Internet. It sounds Sophomoric.

However, You're still not understanding. You can escalate your situation to corporate, where someone else will completely take over your case, where a Senior advisor does not handle any of it. They look into the situation and they can help you resolve it on their terms. If you're not sure how to handle this, contact Apple, request the Senior Advisor that you spoke with, and ask to be placed in connection with someone above them. They will direct you from there. Or they will provide with you an E-mail
    Contact.

21. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Definitely email Tim Cook. I emailed Tim Cook when I couldn’t get through the IUP pre approval process because I had switched my Sprint 7+ to Verizon. Executive relations contacted me that afternoon and completely fixed the problem before the cut off. They have a lot of power at that level. Give it a shot. If it doesn’t work out then you can return.

22. Relentless Power, Sep 28, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No problem and Good luck. I think you're going to need it.

23. daflake macrumors 6502a

What happens if you reset the phone and don't use your backup? Are you still having issues. I have a corrupt backup image when I got my 7 and had a ton of issues. I loaded it from scratch and it has been fine since. I would try that first.

As for the replacment, if they don't have one, they don't have one. It happens...

24. Relentless Power, Sep 28, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Thank you for clarifying this. The OP Can't seem to grasp everything. You can contact Executive Relations and someone will respond and further investigate the case over customer relations and Store level. A Senior Advisor is limited in power as it is. And the response time from Corporate is rather accelerated from my experiences. But you will have a follow up no matter what the resolution is.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So no one has the 8 available and you cannot get yours replaced because of lack of inventory.

With that said, what do you expect Apple to do then? They will give you one once inventory is stabilized.

Tbh, I think you're being unreasonable with your expectations. You want one now and your all worked up and frustrated because you cannot have one now. Life will be a lot stressful, if you don't get worked up over such a minor annoyance. The solutions in front of you are simple, and you'll be more content not to get riled up. Its only a phone, and if you return it, wait a couple of weeks, (or even less), you'll have a new phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.