Help ASAP I need complaints department for Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
What happens if you reset the phone and don't use your backup? Are you still having issues. I have a corrupt backup image when I got my 7 and had a ton of issues. I loaded it from scratch and it has been fine since. I would try that first.

As for the replacment, if they don't have one, they don't have one. It happens...
The other back up worked. But still, the phone had several issues, phone freezing multiple times just by using simple tasks, and I couldn’t auto sync from iTunes at all.
[doublepost=1506597926][/doublepost]
Definitely email Tim Cook. I emailed Tim Cook when I couldn’t get through the IUP pre approval process because I had switched my Sprint 7+ to Verizon. Executive relations contacted me that afternoon and completely fixed the problem before the cut off. They have a lot of power at that level. Give it a shot. If it doesn’t work out then you can return.
Thanks bruh, what are the contact info again and how do I connect to the higher levels. I know it’s probabky been mentioned earlier but if u have them handy let me know instead of me going thru all the responses lols.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
The other back up worked. But still, the phone had several issues, phone freezing multiple times just by using simple tasks, and I couldn’t auto sync from iTunes at all.
Thanks bruh, what are the contact info again and how do I connect to the higher levels. I know it’s probabky been mentioned earlier but if u have them handy let me know instead of me going thru all the responses lols.
Don't use any backups and see if your problems go away. Again, all of this could be caused by buggered backups.

Reactions: ABC5S

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Because the OP is trying to make a point and would rather swing wildly at the windmill. Oh the drama!

We went from "It's here yeeeee" to this in less than a week!
That’s because I was genuinely excited and happy to get the phone. But it’s nothing but a crappy pos.
[doublepost=1506598810][/doublepost]
Don't use any backups and see if your problems go away. Again, all of this could be caused by buggered backups.
True but this is just isolating the issue. Okay I understand the backup was probably bad, I can give them that. The problem still needs to be resolved. Why was it corrupted when it said successful backup? Obviously there should’ve been a test right and iTunes should’ve notified me or something if it was corrupted.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
That’s because I was genuinely excited and happy to get the phone. But it’s nothing but a crappy pos.
[doublepost=1506598810][/doublepost]
True but this is just isolating the issue. Okay I understand the backup was probably bad, I can give them that. The problem still needs to be resolved. Why was it corrupted when it said successful backup? Obviously there should’ve been a test right and iTunes should’ve notified me or something if it was corrupted.
They aren't going to help you with that, I have already been down this road. I sent my phone in 3 times here in Germany and was told to stop using backups and load from scratch. I had to reload the OS in DFU mode twice and finally got a stable phone that didn't just lock up. It has been running great since. It is what it is... I complained but the reponse is that my backup was corrupt and that it wasn't their problem. My wife? No problems at all.

Can't hurt to try and most of the data is stored in the cloud anyway. The pain in the butt is reorganizing your apps, but that is minimal in my opinion.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
They aren't going to help you with that, I have already been down this road. I sent my phone in 3 times here in Germany and was told to stop using backups and load from scratch. I had to reload the OS in DFU mode twice and finally got a stable phone that didn't just lock up. It has been running great since. It is what it is... I complained but the reponse is that my backup was corrupt and that it wasn't their problem. My wife? No problems at all.

Can't hurt to try and most of the data is stored in the cloud anyway. The pain in the butt is reorganizing your apps, but that is minimal in my opinion.
For almost a trillion dollar company and charging sky high prices for their products that is just a shame and piss poor. I don’t have iCloud backup cuz my data is more than 100gb. I don’t want and I refuse to pay more.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
For almost a trillion dollar company and charging sky high prices for their products that is just a shame and piss poor. I don’t have iCloud backup cuz my data is more than 100gb. I don’t want and I refuse to pay more.

I was mad at first too, but it happens.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Why not just place another one online? I ordered sim-free 8 Plus 256 GB space gray on Monday, 9/25/17 for my father. Despite the fact that the website stated 1-2 weeks. They actually shipped it out the next day and received it yesterday.

So why not place an order online have it delivered to you and once you receive it, return the other one.

mzengr

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2014
Yes it’s bout directly from Apple. I bought full price unlock without sim. There’s no stock available anywhere near me. I’m pissed.
I agree with you about the support advisors...they don’t know much more than we do. If there’s a store nearby why not just take it in. They’ll replace it there. You won’t have to return and wait for stock to replenish.

edlex

macrumors 68000
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Sorry I took so long. The email I used was tcook@apple.com. I hope this helps brother

sdwaltz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
Dude.

Take the damn thing back. Literally everyone who has bought an 8/8 Plus is within their 14 day return period.

That's probably why the Apple senior advisor was dismissive. There's a perfectly reasonable, perfectly logical way to alleviate the problem here but you're choosing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Reactions: TWO2SEVEN and ABC5S

ACST

Suspended
Sep 5, 2016
This all sounds like a corrupted backup which a new phone won't solve. Which is probably what they tried telling you and why they were giving you a 'hard' time instead of replacing your phone asap, because that wouldn't solve the issue (although they should just replace the phone, because we're in the 14-day period)...

Jrd123

Suspended
Sep 22, 2017
As for the one asking here’s a list of issues:

1. I couldn’t restore from my previous iPhone 7 Plus backup. I keeps giving me an error.
2. The phone froze on me several times while surfing, browsing pictures and sending pictures to a text. The phone literally froze, I couldn’t do anything.
3. The phone does not auto sync from iTunes. My iTunes is uptodate and I’ve rebooted both. The phone gets recognized both phone and computer and it charges. It just fails to auto sync.
[doublepost=1506560393][/doublepost]
No because they can get away with it. I want my replacement but I don’t want them to get off easy. These are senior advisors I’ve dealt with. Giant useless waste of air.
[doublepost=1506560566][/doublepost]
I did but the “senior advisor” again I quote, senior advisor... had that disgusting tone that is dismissive and make it seem like it was my fault. Like hold up, I was the one who purchased 5 days ago, I expect this to work out of the box. What a useless senior advisor you are.
[doublepost=1506560801][/doublepost]Btw when’s the best time to order for stock replenishment? Is it 10pm?
Maybe if you were actually respectful and thought logically about this, you could get a replacement? It’s a phone... not all will be perfect. You can’t cry to Apple about it, they will, however, replace it for you. If you want to speak to Tim Cook, be my guest, but you are no special snowflake. You will be treated like any other customer with an issue: a proper and fair replacement is all that is owed to you.

Reactions: sdwaltz

Status
Not open for further replies.