Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razjai14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Toronto
I had an iphone case that has water in it then I dropped it and then the case leaked and my phone got detached. Next thing I know, this happened to my phone screen.

14593145_1716640601685894_1851679322_n.jpg

The crack is just on my tempered glass protector but the rest is on the iphone screen. Aside from the yellowish thing, lines appeared or moist i'm not sure what that is. I don't know what to do. Does this cover my apple warranty? PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Apple will not warranty water damage. You have a case that has water in it? And then the case is damaged from a fall, with water making contact with the iPhone? I'm not entirely clear of your issue.

Jal217

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
That is classic water damage. Turn it off and allow it to dry for days (some say put it in rice others say that that is bad). I would turn it off, and put it in a very dry place for like 5 -7 days. If it clears up you are good, if not you are out of luck.

Reactions: Razjai14

Razjai14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Toronto
That is classic water damage. Turn it off and allow it to dry for days (some say put it in rice others say that that is bad). I would turn it off, and put it in a very dry place for like 5 -7 days. If it clears up you are good, if not you are out of luck.

Will do! Thanks!!

Razjai14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Toronto
Apple will not warranty water damage. You have a case that has water in it? And then the case is damaged from a fall, with water making contact with the iPhone? I'm not entirely clear of your issue.

A case similar to this.
9fb3d95dcc89051b49fbc118e41c23cd.jpg

Actually, I am not entirely sure if the case already had a leak or it was due to the fall resulting my phone to detach when it fell. It wasn't even soaking wet tho, it was just droplets. I am not sure as well if the damage on the screen was due to the water or the fall.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
A case similar to this.
9fb3d95dcc89051b49fbc118e41c23cd.jpg

Actually, I am not entirely sure if the case already had a leak or it was due to the fall resulting my phone to detach when it fell. It wasn't even soaking wet tho, it was just droplets. I am not sure as well if the damage on the screen was due to the water or the fall.

If there was very little or no water damage, then it likely was the fall. Especially if it cracked the display.

Razjai14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Toronto
btw, i dropped my mom's iphone 6 in the tub and nothing happened to it but when it came to my 6s this is what happened. could it also be because of the weather that's why it reulted to this??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.