Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Blanc Kilim (SBSS swapped)

gctB2ur.jpeg
MKuJuDr.jpeg

v76IMLe.jpeg

🔥

🔥

iank_

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2022
For anyone else who finds the wrist-down brightness of Hermés Circulaire to be unusably dim, I found a setting in Accessibility called Minimum Brightness. Toggling it on helps a bit when I’m indoors! It’s still not perfect but it’s an improvement. =)

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 36

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
For anyone else who finds the wrist-down brightness of Hermés Circulaire to be unusably dim, I found a setting in Accessibility called Minimum Brightness. Toggling it on helps a bit when I’m indoors! It’s still not perfect but it’s an improvement. =)

This only seems to increase brightness if you have 'wake on raise wrist' on and it turns brightness to max. It does not seem to increase 'wrist down' brightness or default minimum brightness when wrist is down in my experimentation FWIW.

justinteo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
IMG_7182.jpeg
My deployment buckle collection just expanded! By swapping out the buckle on the kilim bands.

Found that the kilim bands works better with the usual buckle so that it’s more convenient for sports. And it doesn’t wear and crease like the leather bands so there was less need for the deployment buckle.

And I love deployment so much on the leather. Makes me want to wear them more often cos I won’t have to stress the leather as much.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
Here in the US Apple has restocked the Orange and Noir Kilim bands in both sizes. As far as I can recall, that’s pretty rare for Apple to do after a refresh save for Hermès staples that’ll stick around for many seasons.

I know Bamboo has come back once or twice, but I missed it then. Hoping for Rouge H restock personally!

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I know Bamboo has come back once or twice, but I missed it then. Hoping for Rouge H restock personally!

Bamboo got a proper re-release with new hardware (44mm -> 45mm lugs) and a new model number but afaik the only bands that Apple ever restocks after their initial seasons are the staple Noirs, Oranges, Fauves, etc. So with the runaway success of the Kilim and the restock of the Noir and Orange options in a new season, I suspect there’s a chance they’re the new “staples” and will be around for seasons to come.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Bugger, I was trying to get a 45mm Orange/Kaki Twill Jump Single Tour but I fear I've missed my chance now.
Best bet is to keep an eye on Hermes.com. I feel that they sometimes recall stock from local stores and then post it online. So we’ll get rare refreshes of last seasons bands sometimes. Not always.

Or call your local Hermes store if you have one and ask them to see if there is one they can ship.

makingmark

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2019
Found that the kilim bands works better with the usual buckle so that it’s more convenient for sports. And it doesn’t wear and crease like the leather bands so there was less need for the deployment buckle.

And I love deployment so much on the leather. Makes me want to wear them more often cos I won’t have to stress the leather as much.
Love the idea of hacking Hermés' rubber band lipstick to put a deployant where it's most suited. However I see both the band lengths and hole locations are different on my kilim and leather bands. How well do you find this works on wrist?

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Not a happy camper with my orange Kilm band today!!!!!! Went to put it on and found the very bottom of the band torn where it goes into the little holders. The rubber tore!!! To say I am disappointed at that quality flaw is an understatement. I’ll add pictures of it to this post later.

So I called Apple because I purchased it through them when I bought my series 9 watch on launch day and they told me I have to call Hermes so I called them and they told me I have to go into a store, and I said I don’t wanna go into a store (because I’m partially disabled and I have trouble walking due to a really bad arthritis condition), I wanna do it by mail, so now I have to wait for one of their boutiques to contact me and have them send me a FedEx label to send my unit back to them to have it repaired.

What a pain….. and so disappointing in the quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
Not a happy camper with my orange Kilm band today!!!!!! Went to put it on and found the very bottom of the band torn where it goes into the little holders. The rubber tore!!!

Yikes! Not good at all and that is a pain.

What do you think happened to cause the tear? And how are your other Kilim bands holding up?

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Yikes! Not good at all and that is a pain.

What do you think happened to cause the tear? And how are your other Kilim bands holding up?
I have no idea and don’t notice it before. Haven’t worn it in a while and I keep it in the original box. I am going to check my other bands a bit later. Bizarre.

justinteo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Love the idea of hacking Hermés' rubber band lipstick to put a deployant where it's most suited. However I see both the band lengths and hole locations are different on my kilim and leather bands. How well do you find this works on wrist?
IMG_7463.jpeg

I’ve just compared the holes and I think it’s perfect. The deployment buckle is slightly longer, but taking into account the metal part which would be at the risk, I think the size is the same between the two. I didn’t feel any size difference on the wrist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.