Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
I'm torn (sorry @Dstopsie no pun intended!) between the Celeste and the Blanc Kilim.

The Blanc gives me Chanel vibes for some reason (which I like) and I think will pop in the summer with more of a tan.

justinteo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
I'm torn (sorry @Dstopsie no pun intended!) between the Celeste and the Blanc Kilim.

The Blanc gives me Chanel vibes for some reason (which I like) and I think will pop in the summer with more of a tan.
EXACTLY my dilemma now too! I’ve been showing friends both straps and asking which is nicer haha… most say Blanc. But Celeste looks more unique? Blanc is like… such a common colour?

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!

It’s ok. Still haven’t gotten it fixed because I have to take it into the Hermes store which sucks. Their customer service support is horrible. I will try and get it into the store next week. I still love the band, but am weary of investing more money into them because of this. I just have to be extra careful with them as they are clearly not as indestructible as I thought. That blue one is still on my list. Just wish the warranty service was better. Probably the worst company i have dealt with.

Last edited:

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Anyone else notice crazy battery drain with the standard Hermes watch face and using the blanc color? Even in sleep mode last night, I went to bed with 50% battery and woke up with it dead.

I did a charge to 100% today and then rebooted the watch but I’m down to 80% after just 2-3 hours of wearing it. Not even using it other than to check the weather once.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Anyone else notice crazy battery drain with the standard Hermes watch face and using the blanc color? Even in sleep mode last night, I went to bed with 50% battery and woke up with it dead.

I did a charge to 100% today and then rebooted the watch but I’m down to 80% after just 2-3 hours of wearing it. Not even using it other than to check the weather once.
The blanc face was visible while you were sleeping?

And changing colors fixes it?

Last edited:

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
No sleep mode was on so the display was off.

Will measure if usage seems off today and report back
I feel like this always happens to someone in the collector community not near a software update and it’s just a random blip for a day or two and it’s hard to pinpoint what happened.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
Ill try blanc all day today, report back. I feel like a lot of the watch faces can 'bug' out (1kb and i have discussed this I believe) along with 'others' where it just renders the information wrong, or missing. You have to re-add the faces and it usually clears up the issues. Once on another watch I had to remove and re-add it to my account because the battery display was showing up extremely odd (numbers would go up and down then show the right percentage) on certain faces.

Bugs! I sadly do not believe Apple goes back and checks a lot of the older watch faces for parity or consistency with new OS, and the Hermes ones def seemingly get 'left behind'

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Ah, you know what? I forgot that there is a battery bug that sometimes you need to restart your phone after an iOS update, or else it will drain the watch battery.

I updated my watch face while the phone was doing the 17.4.1 update last week.

After rebooting my phone, watch battery usage is normal again.

Reactions: athousandbands

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Who on here was chasing saphir/orange? Hope you’re in the US:

Reactions: the future

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
I am looking for one, but am in the UK :(

• Sad
Reactions: chipsandsalsa

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
Does anyone have an updated Hermes faces/colors possible sheet? I think @athousandbands might have had one - or something like that - that showed what color options were available per watchface. And what permutations were allowed.

Like, something that shows when you enable X color from the (awful) color picker, you get y combination. For example, enabling a Fall 2019 color on the standard Hermes face gets you Brique - which also gives you a unique tan numerals and (vs stock white etc) a brownish red/brick color wrist up color etc.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
This is still my fav band in the entire hermes collection! if I didn't already have it....what a great deal. I just wish they had more pics to verify authenticity tho....the "46mm" listing also isn't comforting.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Look authentic to me
It does look authentic in design, just wish they had taken some pics of the underside of the band showing the markings as best possible and edge of that connector. And i'm assume they meant to type 45mm but mistakenly may have put 46mm. Hopefully someone here snagged it, great deal!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
It does look authentic in design, just wish they had taken some pics of the underside of the band showing the markings as best possible and edge of that connector. And i'm assume they meant to type 45mm but mistakenly may have put 46mm. Hopefully someone here snagged it, great deal!
I’ve not yet seen a TaoBao (or otherwise) fake that gets the buckle etching right like that

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I’ve not yet seen a TaoBao (or otherwise) fake that gets the buckle etching right like that
I def dont have experience with picking out fakes to be honest, and this look just like my authentic band otherwise that I have. I just wish they had atleast photographed the "Hermes, made in france" logos on the underside of the long portion of the band....helps spot fakes I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: athousandbands

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
EXACTLY my dilemma now too! I’ve been showing friends both straps and asking which is nicer haha… most say Blanc. But Celeste looks more unique? Blanc is like… such a common colour?
just thought i'd say, dont' think Blanc is common because it's just so bright, at least in photos. I haven't seen in stores but it really does seem to pop out. I think it's an excellent summer / spring band that will go with a lot!

justinteo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
IMG_9028.jpeg
The Rogue Piment leather strap, swapped to black hardware.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
I bought a double tour noir 45mm strap in Aug/Sept, but only picked up an Apple watch today. The fit isn't what I expected. Hermes is allowing me to return for a store credit, but before I do that... Would anyone be interested in buying it?

Brand New, tried on once, never worn, in full packaging with original receipt from Hermes Toronto. Not available at Hermes anymore.

IMG_2202.jpeg
IMG_2201.jpeg
IMG_2203.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.