Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardliner

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2006
Old Europe
junky

Damn, I feel like junky waiting for his next fix. I need that update. It's like a present.

Last time I felt that, was in february when Apple released a big update for the iPod Touch. I paid 7,99 in an instant and was very happy to have Mail, Weather, Notes, etc.

bubbagumpshrimp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Damn, I feel like junky waiting for his next fix. I need that update. It's like a present.

Last time I felt that, was in february when Apple released a big update for the iPod Touch. I paid 7,99 in an instant and was very happy to have Mail, Weather, Notes, etc.
except this time we are just waiting for a bug fix, a very big bug fix.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Any possibility of new features??

I know that the touch update is already out, with a few new features. Is there any possibility that we will see wifi/bluetooth shortcut, copy/paste, etc. on the iphone update, things they wanted to keep from us until it is released, since technically the touch and iphone are different software versions, though slightly....

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
i would think they release it when the Apple stores are open in case they need to provide support. but i'm with everyone and hope they release it at midnight :p

FJR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
I know that the touch update is already out, with a few new features. Is there any possibility that we will see wifi/bluetooth shortcut, copy/paste, etc. on the iphone update, things they wanted to keep from us until it is released, since technically the touch and iphone are different software versions, though slightly....

Why in the world would cut and paste not be on the touch if it was ready? Think about this. The only things that might be there that weren't on the touch update are things that can ONLY pertain to the iPhone. Anything that could have been on teh touch would have been on the touch. You think they would really hold out features for the touch so that it could be "introudced" on the iPhone when there isn't an event for the iPhone this time? Seriously?

I know we're all hoping for cut and paste, but no, it's not going to be there. Sorry.

ReBeLaCe

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2007
I just want it to become available before I have to evacuate for the damn hurricane in the morning.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Its almost 12 in San Jose, Ca. I dont think they will launch it at 12. I dont remember if they ever did on past firmwares. Do you guys know if they ever released it at 12 in the west cost?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

In 5 hours time it will be Saturday in New Zealand so they better get it released soon ;)

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
The junkie analogy is hilarious. I am also waiting for my fix.

I'm in Switzerland. Woke up hoping for the update but no luck (that was an hour ago), it's now 09:41 here and 00:41 in Cupertino.

Do I dare dream of turn by turn GPS? Is there anyway it might be included and not mention by the Man last Wednesday?

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
Was hoping that it would be available when I got up this morning - from a bandwidth point of view it would have made sense to have updated whilst all the folk in the US are asleep rather than waiting until morning over there and afternoon/evening here when everyone will hammer the servers all at once.

Can't say I was expecting it, but was hoping :)

J

jmadlena

guys, it's a forum, not twitter. if everyone posted their local time and "nothing yet", the MR server would crash.

But if we use Twitter it'll crash even faster than MacRumors! :rolleyes:

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
ya'll waiting for nothin'.....
I have 2.1 on touch right here...
nothing to get excited about....

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
ya'll waiting for nothin'.....
I have 2.1 on touch right here...
nothing to get excited about....

There's a multitude of things getting updated on the iphone that the itouch won't get or ever need. Two of the most important things (IMO) are the fixes for sms lag and 3g issues. So before you say something without thinking (or at least recognizing this is the IPHONE forum), this update will help a hell of a lot (supposedly).

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
There's a multitude of things getting updated on the iphone that the itouch won't get or ever need. Two of the most important things (IMO) are the fixes for sms lag and 3g issues. So before you say something without thinking (or at least recognizing this is the IPHONE forum), this update will help a hell of a lot (supposedly).

By far is the ALoD problem.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
IMO it is always a terrible idea to take a known working g product and upgrade it before a big trip.

What if:
1 it bricks your phone during the update?
2 it mIss something crash more often for so e reason
3 it has some other problem you cannot foresee?

Absolutely Correct. When I went on vacation a few weeks ago, the 2.0.1 firmware had just been released, but I did not update because I wanted my phone stable while I was on my trip. And btw, having an iPhone when you are on vacation is EXCELLENT! GPS+Maps w/Google search + the Internet !!!!

saschke

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Absolutely Correct. When I went on vacation a few weeks ago, the 2.0.1 firmware had just been released, but I did not update because I wanted my phone stable while I was on my trip. And btw, having an iPhone when you are on vacation is EXCELLENT! GPS+Maps w/Google search + the Internet !!!!

and the roaming costs - oh what a joy :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.