Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
i get iPhones for free and my mom pays the $160 phone bill a month. i really don't care.

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
What i want to know is how many people got a iPhone just for facebook and myspace.
Why would anyone get a phone just for of Facebook and/or MySpace? Unless there are people that wanted to check their FB and MS constantly...

RedGreen

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
i wonder what teenagers actually use the dataplan for, facebook?myspace? lolol, because i'm sure they dont have important emails to check and send. im sure they just have them to look cool.
I'm 19 (for a couple more months), and use my phone to be able to quickly respond to requests and issues brought up by clients of the consulting business I own/run.

I suppose I do also use social networking sites, but that's generally because one of the things I do for clients is managing an online presence (which can include social networking).
I'm 17, use it for gps, mail, facebook, youtube, msn and whenever i'm away from my imac so i can run my media business
That blew the stereotype

edit: and twitter and surfing the net
*high fives soemochris*

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
I don't have one. I'm not eligible for an upgrade and my parents don't want to pay the 80 bucks a month or whatever it is for that plan, but then again we could just add unlimited data to the family plan for however much that is, but my parent's don't feel like spending $360 a year just to have internet on a phone, but I don't blame them.
I'm content now with my half decent Samsung Slm and iPod Touch :p

zachplaysguitar

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
I'm 19 and got a 3G a few months ago. I payed for the phone and pay the monthly bill myself. I use almost every feature on the phone so I don't feel like it's a waste of money.

unixfool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
East Coast
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

codyst said:
i'm 19 and have one.. (your not an adult technicly until your 21)

You are legally considered an adult at 18...

He's still a teen, tho, but you're right.

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
why don't you care? The fact that your mom pays $160 a month for you to to not care is funny to me.

cause he doesn't realize that almost $2,000 dollars a year just for a phone is a lot of money. The kid who said that should be great-full. The fact that he "just doesn't care" makes him somewhat snobbish, I would be kissing my parents feet if they paid for my phone's plan.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
I'm 14 (almost 15) and i have one. I'm not spoiled, i pay for pretty much all my technology and i'm a huge techy geek :p (as you can tell by the website)

So i mean don't call all the teen's that have one spoiled, some of us actually have earned ours in some way :)

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
I'm 14 (almost 15) and i have one. I'm not spoiled, i pay for pretty much all my technology and i'm a huge techy geek :p (as you can tell by the website)

So i mean don't call all the teen's that have one spoiled, some of us actually have earned ours in some way :)

They're not saying you are, they just don't understand why we need such an expensive phone with such an expensive plan, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I highly doubt you're spending $2,000 a month from your own cash on that phone, and if you are, I would start saving for a car, you're going to be 16 next year bud, and you're going to be dieing for a car, not an iPhone 10th gen (highly exaggerated) or whatever it will be by then :p

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Teen with iPhone's

I'm 16 years old. I own and have paid for both my first generation $600 iPhone, and $300 White iPhone 3G. I bought the original iPhone back when I was 14 on the date of release. I'm a Mac fan and own several of my own Macintosh:apple: computers and other devices. Computers are my life, and truly are the way of the present and future. Hence my interest and goal to go to MIT or Rochester Institute of Technology to become a Computer and Electrical Engineer. It's also a goal of mine to find a job at Apple in California or wherever that experience will take me, designing and building the next generation of devices we are discussing actively and daily here.

My financial situation I work out with my mom, who has corporate discounts with AT&T and it works nicely on a family plan for me to have to pay just about $30 a month for myself for absolutely unlimited everything (data, texting, etc.).

I see myself as not the typical teenager, although I do take part in performing jackass stunts and riding off-road vehicles, I take care of my responsibilities and have a very active school & social life. It's rare for me to disclose my age on forum's such as this one because I feel as though I loose lots of credibility when posting my teen-age, most of the time I'm sure people are oblivious to my age. People don't take my answers to their questions seriously, when often times I can be the most credible reply to their specific question. That's why this is probably the second and possibly third time I have ever disclosed my age here at MacRumor's.

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
I see myself as not the typical teenager, although I do take part in performing jackass stunts and riding off-road vehicles, I take care of my responsibilities and have a very active school & social life. It's rare for me to disclose my age on forum's such as this one because I feel as though I loose lots of credibility when posting my teen-age. People don't take my answers to their questions seriously, when often times I can be the most credible reply to their specific question. That's why this is probably the second and possibly third time I have ever disclosed my age here at MacRumor's.

I feel the exact same way. I wish some Adults, could see some of the teenagers, like you and I, especially you. Yes, many of teenagers are irresponsible, and somewhat of any annoyance. However, everybody was that way at one point. There are actually many of out there who are insightful and are interested in what is going on around us. I'm in the same boat you man.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
I feel the exact same way. I wish some Adults, could see some of the teenagers, like you and I, especially you. Yes, many of teenagers are irresponsible, and somewhat of any annoyance. However, everybody was that way at one point. There are actually many of out there who are insightful and are interested in what is going on around us. I'm in the same boat you man.

It's just the way it is unfortunately. Don't get me wrong though. When I'm older and may still be posting on these forum's, I will probably think of a teen as less qualified in matters such as giving advise. I can see where other are coming from when trusting teens...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.