How many waiting for Core 2 Duo to buy MB/MBP?

Are you waiting for Core 2 Duos to buy a MB/MBP in very near future?

  • Yes, holding and will buy as soon as CORE 2 DUO releases

    Votes: 205 80.1%
  • No, don't care about whats in the laptop. Will go out and buy whatever they have soon.

    Votes: 51 19.9%

  • Total voters
    256
  • Poll closed .

fener

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
121
0
Here is an attempt to get the percentage of actually how many people are holding off from buying MB/MBPs right now.

Please, participate in voting ONLY if you are currently in the notebook market looking to buy in the very near future.


Are you holding off your MBP/MB purchase for Core 2 Duo?
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
aint there posts like this already?

anyway - i'm waiting to get a macbook. but only waiting til tuesday. no C2D by tuesday and i'll buy anyway.
 

fener

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
121
0
yes there are various threads about the subject, but none with a poll. want to see the percentage
 

deepy

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
160
0
The polls a bit odd. I DO care about what processor the laptop has but am on a strict time limit so HAVE to buy whatever is in the laptop.
 

damienvfx

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2006
143
0
Los Angeles, CA
On the fence

I was going to wait, then not, then wait, then not again.

Then, my co-worker bought an iMac last Sunday. Well he was right pissed on Wednesday, which made me realize I'd kick myself if I made a similar move.
 

BeefUK

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
62
0
I'm waiting as I don't really need the machine yet, it would just be nice to have one soon.
 

NextTuesday

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
86
0
Cork, Ireland
I was thinking of waiting, considering what the lady in the reseller told me, but since my Dad is ordering a C2D iMac on Monday and my MacBook along with it (hopefully) I see no point in waiting, if I need 64-bit or the 10-20% speed increase then I'll use my iMac otherwise there's no point.
 

OW22

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2006
272
69
Dublin, Ireland
I voted in the waiting for Core 2 Duo.

Got an iMac 5 weeks ago, now the Merom chips are out in them so I ain't making the same mistake with the Notebooks!

i need a notebook so I'll wait for the MBP 15in with the new chip
 

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
2,756
0
Melbourne, Australia
What do you want me to pick if I own a MacBook Pro and don't think it is worth updating to a Merom based notebook until the Santa Rosa Meroms arrive?
 

milozauckerman

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
477
0
I'm waiting until spring, not for any specific features. I've got a $600 gift card left over from a return, can't use it on the MP I'm ordering (Apple Developer Connection doesn't support GCs or split credit cards, for future reference), and don't really need a laptop in the next five or six months.

If by that time we get more goodies, so much the better.
 

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
675
0
California.
vrocko said:
waiting,waiting,waiting and waiting
Yup. I must say I'm surprised how may of us are waiting. I guess since we keep them a long time on average everyone wants to be ahead of the tech curve.

Since I'm always editing film / sound I'll wait for the new chips... honestly, I'll wait till the last moment of my edu discount and grab as much as my bank account and credit cars will allow.

(which honestly means a 15" MBP if I'm lucky. But I can dream of a house full of mac)
 

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
767
0
How about an option for those who don't care too much about C2D, but more about other updates (GPU, chassis, etc)? I'm happy to get Merom along the way, but really, it's not the deciding factor.
 

fener

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
121
0
risc said:
What do you want me to pick if I own a MacBook Pro and don't think it is worth updating to a Merom based notebook until the Santa Rosa Meroms arrive?

Nothing.

Please read the first note. Vote only if you are currently in the market to buy a new notebook; not if you already own one.

Regards