How to file FCC complaint about iPhone 4 reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kresh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

It is easy to file an on-line complaint with the FCC, just go to this website:

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Use the radio buttone to select "Wireless Telephone", on the next page select "Problems completing a 911 call from your wireless phone", on the next page click on "Online Form" at the top left of the yellow box. This will open the complaint form so follow on from there. When you are done, tell everyone you know who is having this problem to file a complaint. Post it in every thread about the iPhone 4 reception issues.

It is obvious that you have a problem completing a 911 call if you pick up your phone and it loses signal, so there is truth stretching going on.

edit: Some think that it is wrong to say that it really is a problem with 911 if you have not attempted it, I disagree in that you can't even attempt it if you hold the phone wrong. If you feel that way then pick the "Deceptive or unlawful advertising" button instead.

2. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

I'll do it

I did this for Tmobile before and they just sent me a letter about the subject.

3. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't get it. If you're unsatisfied with the reception on your iPhone 4 you are still well within the return window. Take it back, then just get another phone.

5. 8mpg macrumors regular

6. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I'm going to give Apple another week or two to address the issue or, at the very least, issue a statement indicating their intentions.

At that point, if there's no Apple statement, I'll fill out the complaint form. Hope other folks that have this problem do too.

I bookmarked for later reference. I truly hope I won't have to fill it out.

Please Apple, fix the problem!

7. MNkid macrumors member

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Again, you have no basis for a complaint since YOU CAN RETURN THE PHONE FOR A REFUND. This is what people do when they are unsatified with a purchase.

The truth is you don't want to return the phone--do you?

9. j2004p macrumors member

So people are willing to let their contract move past the return window to see whether Apple do anything about the problem and THEN complain?

I give up with humanity!

10. kresh thread starter macrumors 6502a

kresh

Oh I forgot, Don't forget in the comments section to ask the FCC to decertify the iPhone 4.

edit: This will do two things if they decertify it. It will force Apple to stop selling them and force AT&T to turn the service off to the phones in the wild.

11. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Lol! That is absolutely the truth! I love the phone but for the reception issues.

EDITED

12. cfink macrumors member

I've had my iP4 for several days now, talked ~40hrs and have had zero issues.

I don't get it.

Fink :apple:

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why? Just because some units are affected which will be fixed with a software update in the near future. Plenty of us have working iPhone 4.

14. BConvery macrumors regular

ownt

15. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

Your signature is pretty ironic dude...

I'll say it for the last time...it's totally due to the signal strength in your area. I can make it happen in my home but not at my job. Unless my phone magically changes form factor while on my way to work, it just doesn't add up.

16. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Never said I wanted to return it. Quite the opposite. I love this phone!

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

Unless you've actually had trouble making a call to 911, wouldn't filing this complaint constitute a fraudulent complaint? To a Federal organization?

What an absolutely IDIOTIC idea. :eek:

18. 8mpg macrumors regular

TINSTAAFL

Apple is in the business to make money

19. kresh thread starter macrumors 6502a

kresh

Yeah, I created my account 4.5 years ago to start trolling today, right? That is some kind of advanced planning on my part isn't it.

20. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

OOPS! I just saw the 911 part. I apologize. I agree. Filing a complaint on this basis is just stupid!

Disregard my comments encouraging others to follow the OP's lead.

My Bad!

21. kresh thread starter macrumors 6502a

kresh

If my phone loses service when I pick it up then I do have problems making 911 calls. The form does not state for "failed attempts", it says "Problems making a 911 call".

If you don't feel comfortable with 911, pick the "Deceptive practices" radio button

22. MNkid macrumors member

Why? Why turn off my phone if I am liking the service. This is what is wrong with us today. If you don't like it return it, vote with your pocket book. Instead we want to sue, or have them shut down. Return it and let the market take care of this problem.

23. kresh thread starter macrumors 6502a

kresh

It is a potential hazard. Is someone just supposed to die because an iPhone 4 owner gets excited in an emergency, holds the phone wrong, and can't call 911?

24. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

What about those people that are having ZERO problems with their phone?? Would you like a group of them to get together and file a class action lawsuit against you for arbitrarily turning off their phones? What if you look at this like a vehicle recall. Would you like them to come and tow your car away if it was not exhibiting the issues described in the recall?

I'm sorry, but I believe there are problems, and I believe Apple is working on a solution. Am I happy that Apple has not made a public statement regarding what they know and what they are doing? No, I'm not, however threatening to have the FCC decertify the phone based on a number of complaints when there are working units out there is not the answer.

25. MNkid macrumors member

A bowling ball stored on a shelf is a potential hazard. If you are worried about it don't put your ball on the shelf and return your phone. Done and done. A mass returning would be more powerful than anything the FCC can do anyway.