I cannot believe it's still difficult to buy ipad2!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by italeki, Apr 11, 2011.

1. italeki macrumors regular

I've called Apple Stores (secrecy, no assistance at all), Walmarts, Radio Shacks, Sams, and Targets and none of these stores have any iPads this morning. Any suggestions that would be able to assist me to buy one today? I live in South Florida. Thanks!

2. magbarn macrumors 68000

Quit your day job and start camping out at your Apple store. Or place an order with Apple and wait 3 weeks. Until Apple saturates the Asian markets, scalpers will get theirs first.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Save yourself the hassle and just order it online from Apple. Right now it is 2-3 weeks shipping so you should get it in 3-4 weeks. Or you can get up everyday call a dozen stores, wait in lines and be aggravated.

4. Smoothness macrumors regular

don't call just go. get in line like everyone else. the apple stores get some everyday.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

If rumors are true, Best Buy is getting ready to do somewhat of a re-launch soon. I wonder what those lines will look like. SMH

6. sandmann41 macrumors regular

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I think it depends on where you live. I can walk into my best buy right now and pick one up

8. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I waited for almost a month, thinking that the frenzy had ended already, but I guess I'm wrong. I will not wait on line at the Apple Store like an idiot. I rather wait another month, walk in and buy one. Thanks!

Another beef with the Apple Stores, they claim they don't know how many, what color or types of iPads they'll be receiving with every delivery.

Thank you for that link, Sandmann! You think it's really accurate?

9. Smoothness macrumors regular

I woke up at 840 ...got to the apple store at 905 and was home by 930 with an ipad

10. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    They don't.

And the target method is great. Tracker is accurate up to an hour or so.

11. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

Smoothness, two Apple Stores around where I live said they are not sure when they receive iPad deliveries whether daily, weekly or whatever(hard to believe-continued secrecy), suggesting to order it online and wait for 4-6 weeks to receive it. Basically they are discouraging people to camp out in front of the store.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

damn, must be nice. Still saving up for mine. :(

13. Pared macrumors 65816

Why not just order it online?

Had you done that "almost a month ago" you would have had the exact one you wanted in your hands by now.

14. dacalo macrumors member

Just be more resourceful. Use Target inventory tracker as someone suggested; my fiancee and I found our iPads within a week of launch. I checked inventory in the morning, and we were done in 15 mins.

15. sandmann41 macrumors regular

It definitely is. They have 3 status settings. In Stock/Limited Availability/Out Of Stock.
    The 64 GB White was listed as limited availability, after I bought mine I checked and it had changed to out of stock. So it also updates pretty fast.

16. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Please elaborate.

17. cwerdna, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

cwerdna macrumors 6502

Exactly! Just order online (well, most places will make you call them) from a place out of state to save on the sales tax. Just place orders w/a couple retailers mentioned here and cancel when one ships.

Examples: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/, http://www.macmall.com/ (don't let them con you into paying for shipping), http://www.jr.com/ and http://www.macconnection.com/.

Do it now before the places close! You'll almost certainly have it in <1 month and save on sales tax.

Re: MacMall and shipping, see my post at http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12372620&postcount=148.

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You must never of worked in Electronics retail. Most stores literally don't know what they are getting until its actually on its way to the store from the main warehouse. This means usually there is a window time in the morning where, if the inventory systems update in real time, will show what is coming in.

19. PBz macrumors 6502a

PBz

20. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Can't you do the thing where you can check after 9PM on the Apple website to reserve one at your nearest Apple store to pick up the next day or is that just for the UK?

21. AceCoolie macrumors regular

Your problem is your in a big city. I'm in a small town in Idaho. I walked into my local Walmart and they had a black 64GB wifi. I bought it thinking I would put it on craigslist and try to make a couple bucks off it but after a week with no offers, I decided to keep it for myself and sell my iPad 1. It sold in 30 min.

Check craigslist nation wide and see if you can arrange shipping with a seller.

22. Polymira macrumors regular

I live in a small area and using the trackers, the closest ipad to me right now would be 2 hours and 20min away...

Gonna try and find one this weekend though regardless.

23. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

really? wasn't in my experience. it was ridiculously inaccurate and resulted in much wasted time going to targets for nothing.

24. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

You can do what I did. I called 3 of my local Apple stores on April 1st, they told me that they'd be getting shipments in on April 2nd. I asked if they'd have the model that I wanted, they checked and confirmed, but couldn't tell me how many they were getting. So, the next morning, I got in line at 6:30am, then a store rep gave us vouchers for the model that we wanted at 7:30am, then I came back when the store opened at 9am to grab my iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

25. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

from what i understand, apple stores get daily fedex shipments, sometimes several times a day.

they have no idea how many shipments, how many boxes, or what is in the boxes until they unpack them.