Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
I don't believe OP. Give us a second picture, a video showing it turning about multiple angles... one pic is just not proof of anything.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Apple’s QA in all it’s products have gone to crap in every product line, but worse, they’ve lost the creative and innovative mojo that Apple has been admired for… they decided to let the Wall Street parasite types infiltrate and take over the company again

Yup..
History is repeating itself here

Reactions: sorgo †

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Bought a new silver 14 Pro today to replace my 13 Pro.

Got it home, opened it up, looked it over, everything looked good, and then I saw it and couldn't possibly believe it and now it can't be unseen...the entire freaking camera bump square is crooked counterclockwise by 1-2 degrees. I looked at it in all lights, gave all consideration and analysis to the possibilities of shadows or even somehow the entire back glass panel being crooked in the stainless frame (which it is not, it fits perfectly within the stainless steel frame all around), and nope - the entire camera bump square is actually molded into the entire back glass panel slightly crooked. I don't even understand how this is possible given the tight tolerances of the cameras that still manage to protrude through the holes which are now slightly not where they should be, but here we are.

Look closely - above the camera bump, the distance between the bump and the top edge of the back glass is noticeably larger towards the left side compared to the right side. And correspondingly, if you look to the left of the camera bump, the distance between the bump and the leftmost edge of the back glass is noticeably larger towards the bottom compared to the top. The camera bump is literally crooked, like it's been rotated counterclockwise 1-2 degrees.

Confirmed 13 Pro is absolutely not like this, this crookedness is now all I see on an otherwise flawless 14 Pro.

Anyone else? Look closely. I assure you, it is absolutely not the light or shadows playing tricks - if it were, I could reverse the optical illusion by turning the phone differently in the light. No matter how you look at it, in all conditions, it's crooked in the same way:

View attachment 2084178
Without a picture taken directly above where you get the focus alinement cross “+” lined up then a picture is pretty useless.

But I agree I would constantly see it. So only solution is replace it now if it’s truly crooked.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
Probably should have stuck with the 13, which will be the last of the good iPhones… Apple’s QA in all it’s products have gone to crap in every product line, but worse, they’ve lost the creative and innovative mojo that Apple has been admired for… they decided to let the Wall Street parasite types infiltrate and take over the company again… it almost killed Apple back when it first happened, but they had a savior then… this time there is no savior… they can be the richest (valuation and cash) company in the world and still turn it into a failed company… Wall Street parasites have a way of doing that tech companies… just look at what they did to Adobe…
Macs are getting a lot of attention now. I honestly think Apple can only really focus on one thing at once. Which is why I’m not looking forward to AR/VR product. Apple needs less products not more.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Macs are getting a lot of attention now. I honestly think Apple can only really focus on one thing at once. Which is why I’m not looking forward to AR/VR product. Apple needs less products not more.

Hear hear...
The lineups all need to be pruned and refocused

The_Auryn

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
For high-resolution photographs, it is a smart idea to hide your fingerprints by using a cloth. :p But seriously, the original poster's account has been suspended. Was that a photoshopped picture?

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Applɘ Aꙅylum

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2022
I don't buy it. Google Image silver iPhone 14 Pro and look for several hi-res images of iPhone held in certain angle (like OP's) and you'll notice that there are no such as 'white halo' around the camera island as shown on OP's.

This OP's iPhone is photoshopped.

Last edited:

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
I don't buy it. Google Image silver iPhone 14 Pro and look at several hi-res images and you'll notice that there are no such as 'white halo' around the camera island as shown on OP's.

This OP's iPhone is photoshopped.
Yeah, seems like this lunatic photoshopped a defect and then started a thread to complain about it. Must be nice to have that kind of time.

perryt

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2022
Not that I don't believe you, but I don't see how this is remotely possible. There's not really any room for error in how these glass panels are formed..so I'm very curious...
This was my first impression, as well. How would such a defect occur? I can't think of any way. Consequently, if it is real, I am sure it would be very interesting to the engineers at Apple.

Flash1420

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2022
Probably should have stuck with the 13, which will be the last of the good iPhones… Apple’s QA in all it’s products have gone to crap in every product line, but worse, they’ve lost the creative and innovative mojo that Apple has been admired for… they decided to let the Wall Street parasite types infiltrate and take over the company again… it almost killed Apple back when it first happened, but they had a savior then… this time there is no savior… they can be the richest (valuation and cash) company in the world and still turn it into a failed company… Wall Street parasites have a way of doing that tech companies… just look at what they did to Adobe…
I agree with you. I used to love Apple during the days of Steve Jobs and Jony Ive, but now I can't say the same thing. It is sad to the quality going down across all their products and not being as innovative anymore. Now they are just focused with profits. I still love Apple, don't get me wrong, but they really need to go back to their roots.

Reactions: nvmls and sorgo †

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
OP joined last night and posted this. Isn't offering proof aside from a photo *that was taken at an angle* and in which OP's hands are covered for some reason. OP's account is now suspended.

Smells fake.
Did they suspend the account because of his post? Then again you do see some wild ass topics here lol

push comes to shove applecare+ would had gotten them a new device if need be

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2010
I agree with you. I used to love Apple during the days of Steve Jobs and Jony Ive, but now I can't say the same thing. It is sad to the quality going down across all their products and not being as innovative anymore. Now they are just focused with profits. I still love Apple, don't get me wrong, but they really need to go back to their roots.
But this obvious faked photo doesn’t suggest anything of the sort.

But you’re right, how dare Apple try to be profitable while all those other corporations are being so altruistic!

They should start losng money on each sale. Then there will be more sales and they can make it up in volume! This will then make them a company that cares. Brilliant!

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
@realtoropenhouse - You have a unique phone. Having looked at your photo for slightly too long for my health, you are clearly correct. That would drive me nuts.

Bummer.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
OP joined last night and posted this. Isn't offering proof aside from a photo *that was taken at an angle* and in which OP's hands are covered for some reason. OP's account is now suspended.

Smells fake.
Did they suspend the account because of his post? Then again you do see some wild ass topics here lol

push comes to shove applecare+ would had gotten them a new device if need be
I “think” the OP was suspended under another account in the past. That may also have something to do with it too… 🤣

Reactions: Jumpthesnark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.