iPad I detest cases and covers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rajpatel, Dec 11, 2013.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

Or to put it more accurately, I have a generalized hatred of people or the culture in general, and it could be a worldwide thing, not sure, but definitely in this country.........what is the deal with the universal acceptance of wrecking and completely obliterating the beauty and grace of apple products by putting some idiotic and ugly case on them?

Why can't people just be careful with their stuff? I carry my ipad all over the place and never once did I treat it like some joke. I'm not trying to act superior bc I think humility is the most important quality. I just hate that covering up these beautiful products with some idiotic case is so universally done. What is even the point of having such a beautiful thing

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like using covers and it protects my expensive tablet. Why would you hate people for a personal decision that they make. You seem to be worked up over something pretty trivial

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Much agreed. To each their own. I don't get upset whether someone else chooses to use a case on their device or not. Why should I?

I don't use a case for my iPhone but I am looking for one to use on the rMini.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

At 4am, it is coldddd to touch.

I have kids.

It is pretty, but it is a tool and it has to last me a longgggg time. It I break it, I can't replace it easily,

Thankfully it is my choice right????

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

:eek: Wow.

Why is it difficult to understand that others may view the matter differently and are merely making a different choice than the one you prefer?

I drink my coffee black with nothing in it. I don't like covering up the flavor with a bunch of sugar or cream or flavorings. But I don't get worked up over other people choosing to have a coffee flavored cup of sugar and cream.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I think some cases make the device look cool while having a lot of protection :cool:. Accidents happen. When an accident does happen thank the case for protecting your expensive tablet (iPad Air). If you saw a drop test video of the iPad Air on YouTube, you will see how fragile the iPad Air is.

7. Florals macrumors member

I think you might need a few minutes to just sit and chill, dude.

I have no interest in enshrouding my rMini in a big bulky folio case that weighs 2x as much as the iPad itself, as for me it kinda defeats the point. When I'm in the house I am fairly confident that it's going to remain scratch and damage free, but am I going to just sling it straight into my bag and leave the house? Hell no. My rMini goes into a well-padded neoprene zip cover (like a mini laptop case) to make sure it doesn't get ruined.

Honestly? I think belittling people for wanting to take care of their possessions is ever-so-slightly pathetic. What effect does it have on you?!

8. FiremanMike macrumors regular

I just had shoulder surgery yesterday. I bought http://store.apple.com/au_smb_4860/product/HC163ZM/A/zerochroma-vario-sc-case-for-ipad-mini because I knew I'd be essentially 1 handed for awhile. It's been wonderful.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

10. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

How does it affect you what someone else does with their devices? I never put a case on my iPhone because I dont like cases, but the guy standing next to me could have 2 layers of cases on his and that doesnt affect me in the least bit. It really baffles me when people get so upset and claim hatred for something that doesnt directly affect them at all.

11. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

In he main time, Apple makes your so called: idiotic and ugly case.... Hummm....

12. imanidiot Suspended

Thanks for sharing.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow, you should probably dial it back there a bit. You want to say that you "hate" people or the culture of people who put a case on something? What's the deal with universal acceptance of "wrecking" the beauty of something? How about this, most iDevices, no matter how careful, are prone to scratches. Elements hit the device and the softer materials used to manufacture these devices get scratched. When a consumer wishes to upgrade, they usually sell to a third party. This sale price is based solely on condition.

Hate all you want but you have some serious issues if you have grown to actually hate people or a culture for putting a case on something. To top that off, you have lumped anyone who uses a case into a class of people who lack humility? Have you seen your post? You actually hate faceless people who buy things with their own money and then treat them how they wish to treat them. I mean, the hatred you feel for these people and the care you have for what others do is astounding.

File your opinion under "who cares" and move on. I feel sorry for you that you can possibly carry so much hate for people you do not know and who are not harming you in any way possible.

14. iCarabma macrumors 6502

It's so weird that you would say that, because I specifically use a case to upset you. I, honestly, never thought you would notice.

Hey, listen, I hate cases too, but the only reason I use one is to upset upset some random person I've never met. That's the same reason you posted this thread right?

This is great I was thinking it was all for not.

15. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I hate condoms, but I can understand the purpose of them...

To each is own buddy... iPad Air feels much better caseless. BUT, If my iPad ever left the house with me, I would have a case.

What a weird way to make a point. "I have a generalized hatred of people or the culture in general"? Wow...:rolleyes:

Another bizarre thread....

16. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

For me, I use my casing outdoors to double as a stand (at work, I sometimes use my iPad as a 2nd screen for my macbook), and remove the sleeve when at home. At home, I have this dock that does a pretty good job of propping my iPad up.

It's a compromise I am happy to make. I don't think anyone here wants Apple to add a kickstand to their future iPads...;)

17. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

:D :p :D

Holy crap!!!

:p :D :p

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Life is too short to hate people because they choose to use a case.

I don't enjoy my iPad less if I have it in a case.

19. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

It annoys me but I'm not fixin to fly a plane into a building over it like y'all want to pretend

It just aggravates me. I've read the isaacson bio of jobs twice cuz I liked it a lot. This stupid case phenomenon goes against the motto of Apple to simplify. And the cases are damn ugly too. Sorry but I guess I just don't understand how one would drop a five hundred dollar item. I know I wouldn't and havent

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I think you overestimate the impact you have in our lives.

Accidents aren't premeditated.

You haven't dropped your iPad yet, but you will one day.

21. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I hate people who use don't put ketchup on their hot dog.
    I hate people who wear shorts when it's clearly weather for pants.
    I hate people who say Hi when they should really say Hello, cause it sounds more sophisticated.
    I hate people who watch TV instead of reading a book.
    I hate people who drive a blue car instead of a red car.

Need I go on? See how ridiculous you sound? Why does it even matter to you one bit what others do with their device? It's theirs, not yours. THey could put pink and purple heart stickers all over it for all I care, if they want. They paid their money for it. It's their right. The fact that you have to say that you're not trying to act superior proves just how superior you really think you are. You wouldn't have to say that if you weren't spouting off something that shows you're true nature...

Get over yourself already... I love the fact that you honestly believe that you've never had an accident or never will. EVER. Talk about superiority complex...

22. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

lol. People use cases to personalise their devices. I have a smart cover and love that thing, I think it enhances my iPad. Its beautiful, protects the screen and is functional. I think you need to look at the priorities in life and stop caring about what other people do. If you dont like cases, dont use them.

23. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

What country?

There is not a universal acceptance of wrecking and completely obliterating the beauty and grace of apple products.

Just becuase cases are idiotic and ugly to you doesn't mean they are to the rest of the wrold.

People can be careful with their stuff and I am 95% sure that are being careful with their devices.

Good for you! Just becuase mistakes (dropping for example) happen doesn't mean the device is being treated as a joke.

To use it like it was designed for. Not to show it off.

24. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

I hate...

....losing a $900 investment because I thought it would never happen to me.

I like the rubbery feel of my Apple Air smartcase. I like how it props up my Air. I like throwing it into my backpack and knowing that gunk won't get on my screen. And I like protecting the resale value of my Air.:D

25. meistervu, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

meistervu macrumors 65816

Have you ever consider this factor:

Comfort.

Take a look around. How many objects that you handle for a long period of time are made out of aluminum with sharp edges? The iPad is. While I love the way it looks, I am not so vain and I rather cover it up with something more comfortable to handle like leather.

I am glad the iPad use material the way it does to achieve that look and thinness because a lot of people don't have a problem with handling the naked iPad. But I suspect there are many more who feel the way I do, and all we have to do is to put a cover on it. The SmartCase is my choice as it fits perfectly, minimal, and looks great.

But I do see your point. iPads and iPhones are such beautiful devices that it's a shame to have them under the cover of a bulky rubbery case. I myself use my iPhone 5 naked because it's more comfortable than my old iPhone 4 (which i had a leather cover for comfort).

I have the feeling that the next frontier of designs is making these devices feel better in hands.