iPhone I got SUPER lucky! Jailbreak and Apple Store Experience

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MichaelShawJr, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MichaelShawJr macrumors newbie

MichaelShawJr

So I have been waiting on iOS 9.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air 2 for a little while now. A few days ago, I called Apple and I told them that my iPhone 6 Plus screen cracked and that I felt it was a malfunction because I never dropped the phone, and the crack started right where the phone was starting to bend. Originally, the lady on the phone was trying to charge me $130 for the repair, but eventually she gave me a promo code and sent me to my nearest Apple store. When I got there, they told me my screen could not be replaced because the phone was bent too far and that it would cost $300 to trade in for another phone. I complained and told them that is ridiculous because the screen broke because the phone was made out of ****** metal which is Apple's fault. The guy contacted his manager and the manager approved me to get a brand-new iPhone free of charge. So now I am happy as can be because I just swapped out my cracked iPhone 6 Plus for a brand-new one. So I get home, set it up, and what do I find in the settings? iOS 9.1 so I used Pangu to jailbreak so now I am really a happy camper. Now I just have to wait a little bit longer to jailbreak my iPad Air 2 and I will be set, but at least I have one device jailbroken instead of none.

2. eyoungren, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!

I replied over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/4aval6/discussion_i_got_super_lucky_jailbreak_and_apple/

:D

3. Closingracer macrumors 68000

4. Closingracer, Mar 17, 2016

Closingracer macrumors 68000

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

He beat Apple. ;)

6. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Lol doubt he beat them.....just felt it was worth giving him a $250 dollar device ( or whatever it costs to make it in parts) to shut him up? :)

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I was speaking from OP's perspective not Apple's, LOL! :D

8. timeconsumer, Mar 17, 2016

timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

To the OP, I didn't notice a question in your post so I'm not sure how to reply or what type of response you're looking for. But yes, a lot of people (myself included) continue to buy Apple products for their amazing customer service/support. They've shown countless times that they will replace devices out of warranty or in scenarios such as this.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It just concerns me that OP had his iPhone replaced with another iPhone made of the same ****** metal.

I mean if it's a good enough reason to have Apple replace it - why would OP accept another device made of the same material?!

10. Closingracer macrumors 68000

This way he can make another thread about how he schooled Apple twice in about 2-3 weeks? :)

11. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

This is a good point, if the OP was really concerned about build quality, wouldn't he/she be asking for a 6S plus which has the better build quality? I do now find it amusing that the OP was complaining about the build quality of the device only to get a replacement of the same exact device and is super happy about this.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Exactly! And since the MODs frown on one word replys I will say Exactly again. :D

13. Closingracer macrumors 68000

It seems he made this account just for this.....fishy.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And a reddit account too. ;)

15. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

People still jailbreak? What year is it? 2011?

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

17. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I'll sell mine JB.....get slightly more on Craigslist for it

18. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

2016. A year in which people still jailbreak and there's nothing weird about it.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Ah come on man. It's not like it's Sprint or anything. ;)

20. MichaelShawJr thread starter macrumors newbie

MichaelShawJr

I know it sucks sucks that I had to get another phone with the same metal, but they would have never given me an iPhone 6s Plus for free. And the reason why I posted this is so other people could do this if their screen breaks or if somebody wants to complain about their device to Apple to trade it out for a jailbreakable phone they can try that also

21. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Nah he didn't. Apple feel he was annoying and was easier to just get him a new replacement than dealing w a person that sits his ass on an iPhone and expects no bending to happen.

22. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I know. It was a sarcastic tongue-in-cheek kind of comment. :D