Hey guys, First time forum poster here just looking for some expert advice. I'm a long time apple user, imac 27, ipads, iphone's e.t.c however I'm looking to purchase a new macbook. I'm a web designer, coder, graphic designer (photoshop) , writer, product designer and run multiple businesses in this niche. I have spent a great deal of time looking over the various options and really cannot reach a decision. The laptop will be used to run the business while traveling, I want a 13.3" macbook, and the products I design are high end so the build quality needs to be spot on. I have roughly £1000 / $1230 to spend which leaves me with approximately 3 options. I should note that I will be likely buying from Ebay given the huge discount (approximately £200 saving). Option 1) I purchase a mid 2012 macbook pro, non retina, 2.5GHz, 13.3", i5, 4gb RAM, 500 GB HDD, 7 hour battery running Lion. Completely up gradable machine, I purchase and fit a 250/500 GB SSD hard drive as well as 16GB of RAM. Pro's = Super powerful machine, very fast, completely upgradable, cheap to fix, and a machine that is regarded as one one the best macbooks of all time. However, Cons = are that the screen is non retina, comparably short battery life, 5 year old machine, older graphics card, older processor, thicker, heavier Cost including upgrade = Approximately £1,000 ___ Option 2) I buy the 2015 Macbook Pro, 2.7GHz, 13.3", I5 processor, 8GB RAM, 128GB, Retina, 10 hours battery life, OSX, Yosemite. Pro's = New machine, flash storage build in, 10 hour battery life, lighter, thinner, retina screen. Faster processor, Could always buy an external hard drive if 128GB is not sufficient. However, Con's = Non upgradable, only 1 year warranty, if anything goes wrong I cannot fix myself as everything is soldered to the logic board, cannot upgrade, limited to 8GB RAM & 128 GB Hard drive. Option 3) As I am not a video editor, I could purchase Macbook Air, 1.6GHz, 13.3, i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 12 hour battery. I have spent so much time agonizing over this as it is such a huge investment so would really appreciate some help with this, I know I mentioned travel, however I'm a big guy so the weight issue isn't really an issue for me to carry around. All 3 would cost approximately £1000, I cannot go above this, cannot take out the Apple care, so the options listed are my choices. Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks in advance.