I want a iphone realy realy bad!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by volsfan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

OK so im 13. You have to be 14 to work a real job. Is there any form or anything my parents can sign so i can get a job. My mom wont pay the "horrible" iphone monthly bill.

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Save up money...? You won't get any kind of job unless your family can do something for you (maybe your uncle owns a restaurant, store, etc.?). The plan rates aren't that bad. I think your mom is just worried that she's paying the extra money for minutes and data you won't be using. Did I just say that...? jk

Seriously, the rates are standard for a smartphone. Maybe you can convince your dad ;).

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^Probably not...Child labor laws are in place for a reason. Wait until your 14th B-Day. :(

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I think you still need a form when you're 14. At least where I live. I would just wait for the next iPhone if I were you. Besides it being crazy awesome cool I'm not sure a 13 year old has that much of a use for an iPhone. (Not to judge you or anything.)

5. wronski macrumors 6502

First thing you should do is spell properly. When I was your age I made my cash by making websites and other graphic design jobs over the internet (where no one knew my age). The iPhone is definitely very expensive to use and honestly a great waste of money if you're not making a stable amount of cash. Once you get your job I doubt you'll feel good working so hard just to pay for a telephone.

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

At that age, I made some good coin clearing snow off driveways in the winter and washing cars in the summer. I also made $5 per paper grocery bag full of good pinecones I'd sell to local florists. It wasn't too difficult for me to earn $100 a week tax-free. My cousin bought himself a small powerboat off his lawnmowing business when he was about that age. Not every job has to be somewhere the law says you're too young to work.

7. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i agree with wronski. if you can't spell basic words, then you should focus more on school so you can eventually afford an iphone on your own someday.

working from the web is a good idea, but again, when you misspell basic words (especially in the title) it reflects poorly.

even if you get $7 per hour (but realistically maybe $4 per hour after taxes), it would take 55 hours of work for the cheapest iphone, then over 20 hours of work just for the basic phone plan without txt messages, and then don't forget to calculate in the cost of transportation to get to the job.

good luck, but patience is a virtue

8. volsfan thread starter macrumors regular

volsfan

what did I spell wrong

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

lolz

"Really" you silly goose.

10. volsfan thread starter macrumors regular

volsfan

ok thanks

11. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Really. (in the title) But since this is the internet, the home of bad grammar, I forgive you.

It sounds like you're going to have to do under the table jobs until you're old enough to get a job.

On the other hand, I would just wait if I were you. At the minimum wage job you're going to get it'll be way too much work for just an iPhone, I'd rather spend my time not working without an iPhone than working my butt off for at least the next two years (for the plan) with an iPhone.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OP, you need to write on the chalkboard 100 times "REALLY" and call me in the morning...:D

13. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'm 13 and I use my brand new iPhone 3G constantly for everything, not just monkey ball or other games like everyone thinks I do. Just saying.

I think you need to be 16 to get a job. Not sure about everywhere, but in SoCal, you need to be 16. I don't care, though. I don't need to work. Lolz

14. hkftw macrumors member

15 here, make $225 a week, and have had the 3G since launch
    Don't worry, you'll get there ;)

edit: If you're in high school already, you could probably get a work permit from your school, although since it's summer, that might prove hard to do.

15. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

It's 14 with a work permit in California that includes SoCal and NorCal (the better of the 2 ;))

I work 1 minimume wage job and had to save 2 paychecks just to pay for the iPhone now that I have it it's not hard to keep it 1 or 2 days of work and I pay for the monthly bill. It's not hard to keep it going once you have it but more trouble than it's worth a lot of the time. I'm not 13 btw just a high school student.

16. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

That's interesting to know. I had never really researched it, but most places say sixteen. But it's probably different if you have the work permit. I'll be a freshman this coming year and 14 in September, btw.

17. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Some people on forums say I make them feel sick cause I'm fifteen and have an iPhone, even though I pay my bill. You, on the otherhand, make me sick...

18. volsfan thread starter macrumors regular

volsfan

that is so awsome

19. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

You have to be 16 to get a job where I live...

I'm 15, and i bought my 8GB when it went down to $400. I just saved up my cash slowly and stuff...but i hate having to make my dad pay those $60/month...

As soon as i can get a job i'll start paying my bill, if not help pay some of it.

20. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Or maybe it's your bad attitude that makes them feel sick.

It's not my fault that I'm on a family plan where my parents pay the bill. And I meant that I didn't need to work right now because I'm too young, have savings and other accounts already, and haven't even started high school yet. Sorry if not needing to work for everything offends you! :mad:

21. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

:mad: Wow....some people are mean. BTW, you still spelled "REALLY" really really really wrong. :cool:

22. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

lol Some people are too worried about something somebody said to them on the internet!!!!!!

If you have an iPhone, enjoy it. Some people just get pissed off because some kid has the same phone as them.

23. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I'm 27, so I don't really know what it would have been like of had a regular cell when I was in High School. The OJ verdict spread around high-school from a payphone. Overall, today, I'd have to imagine teens must be paying the most expensive plans out of all people.

Are not they the ones that talk and text the most? I could be wrong, but how many times have you heard someone's kid ringing up $600 in overcharge fees on a single cell bill years ago? I think my aunt's daughter did $650 once, boy was she in trouble. And some how my brother did $225 over once.

In order to stop that, I'd imagine you'd need those unlimited plans that cost $99 a month for voice and text. Were not some young kids getting literally a book for a bill with the first iPhone because they printed every text message?

How the heck are they affording that now? And if they have a job, they sure have a lot of extra time to need that kind of plan. So $199 entry price for the iPhone seems like nothing. And even the $70 plan seems low for teens with the way they talk and text.

24. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

hi my name is matt i have an iphone....

the ignorance in this thread is astounding, what does a 13 year old need a phone for:confused: