Icarez 3d

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
i just bought and installed the icarez 3d protector on my XS. It looks great and I pretty much can’t tell it is on the phone.

But it seems a bit thin and I am wondering how much actual protection it provides with a drop?

Has anyone dropped their phone with one of these on?

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I have used iCarez since I got my X last year. Without much to compare to other than Zagg with previous phones, I do find the iCarez rather fragile. I have dropped my X and the glass has cracked ( suppose it did its job, sacrifice itself instead of the phone’s screen).

I have also had the iCarez break while my phone is in my pocket and I bend over and the phone binds against my pocket knife.

Again, don’t know if this is quality related, but they are cheap enough that I don’t mind sacrificing them instead of the phone.

They do look great...like just part of the phone. Have also found installation to be pretty seamless with no bubbles.

Paco II

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2009
I just received the icarez 3D. Weird that the box photo shows a non E2E screen protector. Haven't installed yet. Any issues aligning the speaker opening correctly?

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I just put one on my X and love it. First 3D edge-to-edge protector to try, but it’s pretty cool. Literally can’t tell there’s one on there. I also love the installation tray.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
how much does this 3d protector cover the screen? I've read reviews it goes over the screen by 2mm- is this true?

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Can those who've installed it post photos, specifically along its curved edges.

Also, does the Icarez' black border overlap the iPhone's screen at all (may need to look carefully)?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
The iPhone X version of Icarez had glue underneath from edge to edge on the 2.5d and 3D.

The newest version XS model for 2.5d and 3D both have plastic around the edges underneath and the glue stops before the plastic.

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
The iPhone X version of Icarez had glue underneath from edge to edge on the 2.5d and 3D.

The newest version XS model for 2.5d and 3D both have plastic around the edges underneath and the glue stops before the plastic.
That doesn't sound good. Didn't the early ones for the X also lack adhesive under the edges, causing it to lift?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
That doesn't sound good. Didn't the early ones for the X also lack adhesive under the edges, causing it to lift?
My Apple silicone case was making the edges lift with the new XS model without full adhesive

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
My Apple silicone case was making the edges lift with the new XS model without full adhesive
Hmm, might be better to go for the "X" version then?

Are they different products on Amazon?

Here's the X version I've saved for future reference...
3D
iCarez [ 3D Full Coverage Glass + Tray Installation Screen Protector for iPhone X/XS 5.8 Inch Easy Install [ 2-Pack 0.33MM 9H Hardness] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077M3V6LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FPgSBbTCKSZAZ

2.5D
iCarez [Full Coverage Tempered Glass + Tray Installation] Screen Protector for iPhone X/XS 5.8 Inch (Case Friendly) Easy Install [ 2-Pack 0.33MM 9H 2.5D] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NVK2R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aRgSBb6DNW81A

Looks like they reference both "X/XS" in description. Hope they haven't changed their whole range to not contain adhesive on the whole rear of the protector?...

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Hmm, might be better to go for the "X" version then?

Are they different products on Amazon?

Here's the X version I've saved for future reference...
3D
iCarez [ 3D Full Coverage Glass + Tray Installation Screen Protector for iPhone X/XS 5.8 Inch Easy Install [ 2-Pack 0.33MM 9H Hardness] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077M3V6LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FPgSBbTCKSZAZ

2.5D
iCarez [Full Coverage Tempered Glass + Tray Installation] Screen Protector for iPhone X/XS 5.8 Inch (Case Friendly) Easy Install [ 2-Pack 0.33MM 9H 2.5D] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NVK2R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aRgSBb6DNW81A

Looks like they reference both "X/XS" in description. Hope they haven't changed their whole range to not contain adhesive on the whole rear of the protector?...
The $16.95 3D and the $9.95 2.5d unavaiable are the old versions with full adhesive.

The $12.95 3D and $9.95 in stock 2.5d XS models don’t.

I don’t know what they are doing for the Max.

I think I remember before that people said the $7.95 X version without an install tray wouldn’t work with an install tray. Some of those are still in stock.

Paco II

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2009
Installed the icarez 3D on my iPhone XS. Thankfully they come with two. The first had a ton of bubbles that I could not get rid of. Second attempt went much better. Looks great. Much softer edges than the Tozo E2E I had on previously. Looks really nice.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Installed the icarez 3D on my iPhone XS. Thankfully they come with two. The first had a ton of bubbles that I could not get rid of. Second attempt went much better. Looks great. Much softer edges than the Tozo E2E I had on previously. Looks really nice.
I find their 2.5D much much easier to put on. I had such a hard time getting their 3D not to have bubbles. I did find that the bubbles I could not work out the first day, the next day they were so much easier to work out.

Reactions: Paco II

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Did you order the $12.95 or $16.95 case on Amazon?

Any case? How is that working

Deathshead

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Hah same exact thing here, first one couldn’t get the bubbles out second one went on without any issues and feels great.

Paco II

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2009
It definitely increases the cost of it! But the glass feels really nice and visually as if nothing is there. I hope it holds up well.

Hah same exact thing here, first one couldn’t get the bubbles out second one went on without any issues and feels great.

Deathshead

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
It definitely increases the cost of it! But the glass feels really nice and visually as if nothing is there. I hope it holds up well.
Ya its pretty great, Im totally happy with the icarez 3d as well. The Tethys branded ones are trash.

Paco II

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2009
I have to say, other than the few tiny specs of dust I missed, the iCarez 3D is not even noticeable, in a good way. Glad I went with it. Thanks all for the recommendation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.