Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
So you get something for free and still whinge about it.
If you don’t like the free thing stop using it.

Reactions: iCorz87

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
I think if you turn off backups yo iCloud you will still have the 5gb that are there just nothing new you put on your phone. Not sure what the issue is if turning off backups solves the reminder issue.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
It's all relative. The cost of living there is significantly cheaper. For example comparing St. Louis to Ankara, it's 59% cheaper to live in Turkey.

You win some you lose some.
If you say so. But i still disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
I’m impressed we’re this deep into the fifth page.

It wouldn’t surprise me if people are cheaping out because all of their free money goes to their cell phone bill to pay for their phones that they can’t afford. I also like how people are acting like it’s no big deal to spend well over 1K on a phone. Their next prized possession.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
OHH so to fix it we have to completely remove the "FREE" space we get? Ohhhh okay. I can't wait to hear the excuse from these Apple obsessed fanatics as to why this is a great idea by Apple.

let me guess...they are giving me the option to turn it off by not using it AT ALL even though we get free space? OKAY!
[automerge]1589604894[/automerge]
I didn't upgrade my iPhone for 4 years because I hate what Apple has become. Now that i finally gave in...I am annoyed by stupid **** like this every day. First he FORCED us to have u2's album...now he is forcing people to upgrade to avoid a POP UP AD?!?!??! WTF is this bs.
I agree OP. It’s annoying how apple turned to annoying you for upgrades. I would think they would be better then this. This is something Verizon or at&t would do.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I agree OP. It’s annoying how apple turned to annoying you for upgrades. I would think they would be better then this. This is something Verizon or at&t would do.

if Apple turned this off we would have this exaCut same situation but replace pop ups with:
‘why didn’t Apple tell me I had run out of space, I’ve lost 200GB of photos!!! It’s all Tim’s fault, Steve will be spinning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!?!?!’

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
if Apple turned this off we would have this exaCut same situation but replace pop ups with:
‘why didn’t Apple tell me I had run out of space, I’ve lost 200GB of photos!!! It’s all Tim’s fault, Steve will be spinning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!?!?!’
How about an option in notification to not have thing annoying thing bother me. Have it turn on by default but let me and others turn it off

Reactions: mikzn and mpavilion

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
LOL. Don’t make your calculation like that. One of my friend, who lives in USA, earn 4k USD per month and in Turkey i earn 4k TRY per month. So now let’s think about it. I pay 6,49 TRY for 50 GB and my friend pays 0,99 USD for 50 GB. Is it clear now? ?

Economy in Turkey is very bad. Actually since 2010. ?

Did you know that in Turkey 1 USD is ~7 TRY? ?
[automerge]1589921458[/automerge]

Please read my comment above.
I was in Istanbul and the maid broke my macbook pro.

I looked into trying to replace it in Turkey and oh my gosh. like twice as expensive with all the taxes and stuff.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
I was in Istanbul and the maid broke my macbook pro.

I looked into trying to replace it in Turkey and oh my gosh. like twice as expensive with all the taxes and stuff.
Yes. In Turkey, an iPhone 11 itself is roughly 5k TRY (because 1 USD equals to ~7 TRY) but with taxes and other s**t stuff it goes over 7k TRY.

And what is funny is an iPhone 11 Pro Max 512 GB is 15k TRY. ?

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
How about an option in notification to not have thing annoying thing bother me. Have it turn on by default but let me and others turn it off

But they’re giving it free to try and show you why you should subscribe to their service. I don’t see the argument, use the free thing on their terms or don’t.

Last edited by a moderator:

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
I guess I’m not techie enough. I don’t even get the need for it really. I put my photos in drop box, don’t care if all my text messages are saved, need nothing from apps backed up why would I ? Literally need contact info saved for next phone that’s it. Could careless about the cloud.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I guess I’m not techie enough. I don’t even get the need for it really. I put my photos in drop box, don’t care if all my text messages are saved, need nothing from apps backed up why would I ? Literally need contact info saved for next phone that’s it. Could careless about the cloud.

I guess your biggest use case would be to use iCloud instead of Dropbox for your photo backup.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Pay .99 per month to upgrade it or I don’t think it will go away. I’m used to it by now.
?‍♂️
[automerge]1590150340[/automerge]
OHH so to fix it we have to completely remove the "FREE" space we get? Ohhhh okay. I can't wait to hear the excuse from these Apple obsessed fanatics as to why this is a great idea by Apple.

let me guess...they are giving me the option to turn it off by not using it AT ALL even though we get free space? OKAY!
[automerge]1589604894[/automerge]
I didn't upgrade my iPhone for 4 years because I hate what Apple has become. Now that i finally gave in...I am annoyed by stupid **** like this every day. First he FORCED us to have u2's album...now he is forcing people to upgrade to avoid a POP UP AD?!?!??! WTF is this bs.
iCloud is a hidden additional payment that Apple charges everyone for using iPhones.

Reactions: compwiz1202

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
I guess your biggest use case would be to use iCloud instead of Dropbox for your photo backup.

Why? Drop box is free and the photos are what eats up the space on iCloud. I know everyone is on the OP’s case and I am shocked at how many people have said well I just pay the x per month for more storage it’s no big deal. Lmao...how many iPhones do you suspect are worldwide?? Just think of the money Apple would make if everyone paid a one time fee of a buck. Now think of the money they are actually making off this service. The minions will follow though. Not this one they ain’t getting a penny extra from me.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Why? Drop box is free and the photos are what eats up the space on iCloud. I know everyone is on the OP’s case and I am shocked at how many people have said well I just pay the x per month for more storage it’s no big deal. Lmao...how many iPhones do you suspect are worldwide?? Just think of the money Apple would make if everyone paid a one time fee of a buck. Now think of the money they are actually making off this service. The minions will follow though. Not this one they ain’t getting a penny extra from me.

Why does it bother you how much money they’re making out of selling a legit service?!

When did Dropbox become free?! When I used to use they used to charge after a few gigs, same as iCloud.

I mean if paying less than what you’d pay for a slice of pizza, for a month of an awesome service going for your own personal use that doesn’t sell your data to anyone, is too much for you, then be my guest. Whatever is your priorities of life I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.