Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
So apparently you CANT pickup ear yon the day if you have a late appointment time, you have to wait.. ffs they told me they could do it early so I cancelled work friday... grrrrr

i dont think thats an issue, you can always pick it up early.

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
Apple City Creek/ Salt Lake City

i mean i had opted for in store pickup. i bought it on IUP and just had to pick it up. it literally took me like 10 mins to come out of store but to go in it took me 3 hours!!

Of course. It’s like having a late morning doctors appointment. Every appointment before yours that runs long, exponentially increases your wait time.

Andrewperdomo123

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
I preordered two IX "Verizon/Paid Full), Can I tell them to not activate 1 of the phones since it is a gift and I do not want them to open it?

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
I asked them to confirm and they said it has to be at my normal time of 5 pm... and my device wont be ready to collect till that time...

Last year, I had an 8 AM appointment and my wife had a 11:30 am. I was out by 8:30 with both phones. They will be ready but they set up times to purposely pace the day so none one is waiting too long. If we all show up early - that is what happens.

Reactions: Polaroid

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Of course. It’s like having a late morning doctors appointment. Every appointment before yours that runs long, exponentially increases your wait time.

yeah that makes sense!
[doublepost=1509473577][/doublepost]
I preordered two IX "Verizon/Paid Full), Can I tell them to not activate 1 of the phones since it is a gift and I do not want them to open it?

they dont open the phone at all. activation is done remotely!

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
every year i am 8am time. every year i go at 7:45 and leave at 8:10. Is painless, but i do live in santa rosa, small town. Our line of walkins never gets over 50

applewatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal
every year i am 8am time. every year i go at 7:45 and leave at 8:10. Is painless, but i do live in santa rosa, small town. Our line of walkins never gets over 50

I'm in Walnut Creek, and I'm just hoping it won't be as busy Friday morning.
[doublepost=1509488041][/doublepost]
Payment still not cleared today

It will happen eventually. Mine is still pending too. I already called my bank to let them know about an upcoming big purchase.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I'm in Walnut Creek, and I'm just hoping it won't be as busy Friday morning.
[doublepost=1509488041][/doublepost]

It will happen eventually. Mine is still pending too. I already called my bank to let them know about an upcoming big purchase.

what has it been previous?

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
No idea!

This is my first iPhone Pre-order EVER!

I've only been to the store in the afternoon during release days and it's kind of packed, but not as packed as you'd think.

ya our smaller stores don't get like big city ones....

mcailler

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
Are you talking about the one in Santa Rosa Plaza? I was planning on walking over Friday and trying to pick one up, but I wasn't sure what the pick-up situation is typically like.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Are you talking about the one in Santa Rosa Plaza? I was planning on walking over Friday and trying to pick one up, but I wasn't sure what the pick-up situation is typically like.

Yes, go about 7am and I’m sure no more than 50 will be in line and you will get one. But that is past. It could blow up all of a sudden we just never know..

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Has anyone pre order before for in sotre pick up? My order still as "order in progress".

Thank You

Yes its the only way i prefer to get the phone. Its fun interacting with the employees and i tend to get the phone quicker than getting it shipped out to me. Usually there will be a few people in the same time frame as you. They will let small bunches go into store and finalize the order. Quick and easy.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Yes its the only way i prefer to get the phone. Its fun interacting with the employees and i tend to get the phone quicker than getting it shipped out to me. Usually there will be a few people in the same time frame as you. They will let small bunches go into store and finalize the order. Quick and easy.

I find it interesting to see other fellow iPhone buyers and employees on the launch day. It’s like a festival lol

Reactions: Tim7 and faythebest

Andrewperdomo123

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
From my experience, the status doesn’t change until early morning of the pick up date. You should get an email at around 1am on Friday.

Can’t wait for this Friday. Super excited.
Thank You, This is my first in store pick up and my CC got charged on Sunday, but I was worried about my pre-order still as "Order In Progress":)

Thank You

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.