Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGando

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Palo Alto store ( the one in University Street ) told me that they had no idea about when the new models are arriving ...

dkimxd

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2008
Went to the apple store earlier and was told they found out about the new mbp today as well, and that they would have it for sale in store tomorrow. My friend who works in an apple store in San Diego told me depending on how fast they can update their inventory they would have it for sale later today or tomorrow.

ivanpk

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
It's either I get mine in store tomorrow in Virginia (with cheaper sales tax) or get it in California Wednesday or later with about 100 bucks more :(

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
Went to the apple store earlier and was told they found out about the new mbp today as well, and that they would have it for sale in store tomorrow. My friend who works in an apple store in San Diego told me depending on how fast they can update their inventory they would have it for sale later today or tomorrow.

What San Diego Apple Store does he work at? I live in SD and am not sure if I sure wait to see if they come in store. Thanks

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
I'm starting to think the stores won't have them any faster than online orders. They have to wait for these units to ship from China just like customers do too. We won't see them in stores before June 21st in the US and June 26th in Canada. Just my guess, disappointing as that may be.

When we ordered our iPads and iPhones they arrived the same day as stores got them, so I don't see why stores would have these any faster this time around.

The keynote said ships today, not goes on sale today.

ivanpk

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
^^ My friend at the apple store in Tampa told me that they were "receiving the shipments in the back" about 3 hours ago...soooo

SilverWiz

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
I'm starting to think the stores won't have them any faster than online orders. They have to wait for these units to ship from China just like customers do too. We won't see them in stores before June 21st in the US and June 26th in Canada. Just my guess, disappointing as that may be.

When we ordered our iPads and iPhones they arrived the same day as stores got them, so I don't see why stores would have these any faster this time around.

Yeah, but the website says "Ships in: 7-10 business days".
So I don't quite understand what exactly ships today... pretty disappointing I must say.

I called the Convent Garden and Regent Street Apple Stores (London, UK) earlier this evening, and they said they had no idea when they'd get the retina MBP. If they don't know the answer to such a simple question, why not fire them all together and just keep the website.

WhyJay

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
My local store said they're expecting shipment, for sale tomorrow. They just don't know whether the shipment will come by the time they open or not. I'm gonna try to get there as soon as it opens... If they have it, score. If not, I'll probably just sit on a bench in front of the store.

Also, it doesn't make sense to receive it the same time as people who order it online. The site clearly says 7-10 days until it ships, then states that you'll receive it 2-3 days after it ships if you choose expedited shipping. So clearly, they lied when they said it ships today (if they meant "to customers"). :mad:

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
^^ My friend at the apple store in Tampa told me that they were "receiving the shipments in the back" about 3 hours ago...soooo

I hope so. I'd happily cancel my online order to pick one up. I'd prefer not to wait 2+ weeks. Ask your friend what specifically is in that shipment in the back though, could very well be the non-retina stuff.

ivanpk

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I hope so. I'd happily cancel my online order to pick one up. I'd prefer not to wait 2+ weeks. Ask your friend what specifically is in that shipment in the back though, could very well be the non-retina stuff.

I just asked he said that it was the retina pros

thetechteen

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
quick question for you guys.. if i want to do the order online, in store pickup and i choose the 2.6 but upgrade to 16gb RAM, will they already have those configuration sor will i be better off just getting it shipped to my house? I called and asked and he said it would be available for in store pickup the same day, all that needs to happen is an apple genius adds more RAM.

Thing is, on the retina MBPs (the one im getting) the RAM is soldered on.

I guess my question is.. do you think theyre getting shipments of different configurations? (upgraded RAM, not upgraded SSD / upgraded processor only, etc)??

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Chandler Fashion Center said they may have a few starting tomorrow, and they'll have a larger stock by Friday.

I was just there and they said they may put the retina display mac book pros out tomorrow as they are getting shipments tomorrow.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005

As far as I remember, in the past it wasn't all that uncommon for Apple Stores to start selling new products the day of or the day after a product announcement, whereas with all orders online you have to wait for delivery from China.

I think the popularity of the iPhones and iPads makes them a whole different story. I reckon we'll see the new MacBook Pros showing up in stores over the next day or two.

mahger

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
This is kind of off topic, but I have a question on how payments work at the store. Are we able to just log in to our apple id there and pay with that, or do we need to give them an actual credit card? Hopefully in-store pickup will go live tomorrow when they stock the machines and I can pay online, but I ask just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.