Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Makes me wonder about the video of the case being used with the protectors... It's sort of overkill anyway, but I'm also not thrilled with the idea of scratches from a case I bought to prevent scratching (I guess no one is, huh?).

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
at my store we got these in. at Best Buy in VA. sucks that I already have like 6 cases for my iPhone 4.

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

the bottom of the pink and blue one is metallic.

We also got the Mauve color but that wasn't cool enough for me. lol

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
at my store we got these in. at Best Buy in VA. sucks that I already have like 6 cases for my iPhone 4.

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

the bottom of the pink and blue one is metallic.

We also got the Mauve color but that wasn't cool enough for me. lol

What?! These aren't even available for purchase on website yet! They don't even have info on the monochrome one!

insiderrtrading

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
i have emailed incase with regards to the possibility of

1) some cases being defective

2) not being able to use screen protectors at all

3) the tendency for phones to get stuck - which IMO really isnt supposed to be normal or acceptable in any way

i would advise holding off on these cases until incase gives me a reply which i will post here

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
i have emailed incase with regards to the possibility of

1) some cases being defective

2) not being able to use screen protectors at all

3) the tendency for phones to get stuck - which IMO really isnt supposed to be normal or acceptable in any way

i would advise holding off on these cases until incase gives me a reply which i will post here
I took mine back to best buy today for reasons 2 and 3. I was so tempted to return the black one I got for a new color, which they seemed to have a lot of tonight. But I returned it anyway, and have an Incipio NGP I found at walmart for 20 bucks. I'll just keep it till my incase snap gets here from apple.

insiderrtrading

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
I took mine back to best buy today for reasons 2 and 3. I was so tempted to return the black one I got for a new color, which they seemed to have a lot of tonight. But I returned it anyway, and have an Incipio NGP I found at walmart for 20 bucks. I'll just keep it till my incase snap gets here from apple.

yeah i know...but i do love in case dearly.

i have a ipod touch 2 g slider case which works perfect with a zagg back and power support front. -sad panda :(

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I'm mailing my slider back to them once I get the shipping label next week. I do like the case a lot but since I really prefer to use screen protectors, the slider just won't cut it. Plus with a couple other cases coming, this one would end up sitting there collecting dust.

Blackdahliamrdr

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
wow..might exchange my black for the metallic slider in the first picture. anybody see those new colors in Los Angeles Best Buy stores yet.

actionvaughn

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
thanks man..might have swing by tomorrow...do they have a lot to go around?

...I'm a girl, and I wanna say they're fairly well-stocked. I'm assuming they have some in the back also since I asked them to look for a blue one for me.

Didn't buy anything. I have the Power Support on the front and back of the phone and it took myself and two associates a good while to put it on and take it off. (Didn't bother with the bottom peice) Dissapointing since I swore by Incase for my 3G.

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Like the others who have already tried putting this case on with a skin, I tried the same. Do not buy this case if you have a skin either front or back. It tool me 30 minutes to pry the case off my phone as the bottom end would not close off. I managed to scuff my phone on the bezel while trying to free it from the slider. Stay far away from slider cases if you have a skin.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
GAH! I'm quite aggravated reading that this case isn't compatible with screen protection. I ordered it specifically because of the youtube review that showed it being used with a PS protector. I guess I'll be eating the shipping and sending it back. Time to begin again. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
GAH! I'm quite aggravated reading that this case isn't compatible with screen protection. I ordered it specifically because of the youtube review that showed it being used with a PS protector. I guess I'll be eating the shipping and sending it back. Time to begin again. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

It actually works well with my PS. You just have to align it perfectly. Just use your nail to work out the bubbles once the case is on. That being said, if there is a slight imperfection in the application of the films, bubbles will obviously form.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Got my incase snap and I love it. Rubberized texture, and it protects the screen when putting the phone face down.

insiderrtrading

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
It actually works well with my PS. You just have to align it perfectly. Just use your nail to work out the bubbles once the case is on. That being said, if there is a slight imperfection in the application of the films, bubbles will obviously form.

heres the question though: did you try using the PS back as well?

i used SGP oleo front and PS back. didnt come off so well.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
BB in Thousand Oaks, CA has all the monochrome sliders and such. Not a fan of the cheap looking shiny parts.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
Why do people insist on bitching about this case not working with screen protectors? It obviously isn't designed to accommodate them. It would be like if I went out and bought a Smart Car then complained that I couldn't pull my boat with it.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Why do people insist on bitching about this case not working with screen protectors? It obviously isn't designed to accommodate them. It would be like if I went out and bought a Smart Car then complained that I couldn't pull my boat with it.

Actually you would be wrong about that since some people in this very thread have stated that the case works with their screen protectors :rolleyes:. So for the people who can't, the question becomes, why doesn't it work for them too?

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010

How would one know that this case is not designed to accommodate screen protectors? It doesn't provide any protection itself for the screen and the site does not indicate that it cannot be used with a screen protector.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I went to my local Best Buy today and picked up a black Slider. Went to my car and tried to put it on and it was so tight that I didn't even try to put it all the way on. It even started to bubble my PS Anti-Glare even though I put the case on only an inch or two. Went right back inside and returned it for a refund. I'll admit that my PS isn't 100% perfect but it's pretty darn close and my Candyshell doesn't bubble it at all. I don't understand why they built the case with such close tolerances. I would think that most people who use cases also use screen protectors - they should allow some room for them. I can understand not allowing for back and side protection but front protection is a must for me. It's a shame too because I really like the case - it's very similar to the Seidio Innocase Surface but thinner, not as boxy and with better cutouts. The material is very similar too. Bummer:( .

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I went to my local Best Buy today and picked up a black Slider. Went to my car and tried to put it on and it was so tight that I didn't even try to put it all the way on. It even started to bubble my PS Anti-Glare even though I put the case on only an inch or two. Went right back inside and returned it for a refund. I'll admit that my PS isn't 100% perfect but it's pretty darn close and my Candyshell doesn't bubble it at all. I don't understand why they built the case with such close tolerances. I would think that most people who use cases also use screen protectors - they should allow some room for them. I can understand not allowing for back and side protection but front protection is a must for me. It's a shame too because I really like the case - it's very similar to the Seidio Innocase Surface but thinner, not as boxy and with better cutouts. The material is very similar too. Bummer:( .

It's better that the fit is tight. I've had 3G sliders that would get too loose after awhile and the bottom part would occasionally come off just from taking it out of my pants.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.