Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheXFactor

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
That's odd. Oh well, not really a big deal for me because I can access it just fine.

ALSO, for anyone who has this case....do you have branding (almost like a serial number) towards the bottom right of this case? it's on the inside part of the case but obviously shows through a little bit. Not really a big deal but I have yet to see it in anyones pictures...

yes. says RT4C1RA

bryann9182

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
alright cool

just saw that they have this case in matte see-through blue as well. Unfortunately the Incipio website only has like 3D images on their site. I'd love to know what this looks like in a real picture

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Here are some photo's of the Incipio NGP smoke including supplied screen protector with seven months of use.

Note that the case does have a little injection mouding mark on the right side edge.

However this case is simply awesome and I ordered it directly from Incipio which didn't take long to arrive in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    683.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    592.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    578.3 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 202

Hinch87

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Here are some photo's of the Incipio NGP smoke including supplied screen protector with seven months of use.

Note that the case does have a little injection mouding mark on the right side edge.

However this case is simply awesome and I ordered it directly from Incipio which didn't take long to arrive in the UK.

Looks very nice. I ordered the same case and I have a screen protector on the front with a carbon fiber skin on the back from SGP. When I put the case on, it seemed to bulge a little on the sides and seemed to lift up my protector a bit. I am guessing this is due to the carbon fiber skin. I was going to order a crystal front and back from Powersupport, but want to make sure that the case fits with both a front and back screen protector. Can anyone confirm that for me?

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Looks very nice. I ordered the same case and I have a screen protector on the front with a carbon fiber skin on the back from SGP. When I put the case on, it seemed to bulge a little on the sides and seemed to lift up my protector a bit. I am guessing this is due to the carbon fiber skin. I was going to order a crystal front and back from Powersupport, but want to make sure that the case fits with both a front and back screen protector. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I can confirm it fits with front and back PS screens. Insert volume button side first.

Perfect fit!

Sent from my iPhone 4

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
back to a thinner case...

As much as I like the NGP Incipio, I'm, once again, finding it too thick. Doesn't fit well in a men's pants pocket. I mean it is fine most times, but with more 'work' pants i prefer less bulk. I don' t use a 'man' purse ;)

I still use it for my 'rough' days where I need the front lip protection and thicker sides. It is great for that, and one really couldn't make it better.

But I'm finding my everyday case to be the Acase Supperleggera diablo. A snap on case for $9-$13, in many colors. I like the translucent "Ice Cube' and Black versions. It keeps the slim iPhone 4 profile, and gives more grip, no smudges or fingerprints. 0.7 mm think polycarbonate. Works well with screens on front and back. Less likely to drop it than an naked phone..

It was reviewed elsewhere. I finally decided that I will always be a many case person, having one for each need. Right now it's the Acase, naked or the NGP. Plus a battery pack case.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1022859/

Last edited:

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
Love this case, I got mine on Amazon with one day shipping for $16 total. I got the matte black version and someone was asking for pictures of the NGP on a white iphone, so i'll post some up later. I didn't get the smoke or gunmetal color becus I wasn't sure if it would look good or ugly on my white iP4 since I couldn't find any pictures of it on one.

The case does everything right for me, so just throwin in another positive review.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
White iPhone in Matte black. Matches my wallet and looks like an Oreo...resisting the urge to take a bite :D

(sorry for bad quality...itouch camera)

Attachments

• IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 165

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
White iPhone in Matte black. Matches my wallet and looks like an Oreo...resisting the urge to take a bite :D

(sorry for bad quality...itouch camera)

I ended up ditching my black i4 for a white i4 and unfortunately I misplaced my black NGP so I ordered another one via eBay for $5 shipped. I like that black/white combo and it matches my iPad combo.

tongsterrr

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
i just bought the matte smoke for my white iphone 4s and a pouch for it which fits the phone with the case on

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

( if anyone wants the case, its by case logic, about $18 at walmart, and its made for android phones but fits perfect with the iphone 4s with the incipio case )

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Just picked this up for my iPhone4 today. But since I have the Verizon version of the phone, the mute switch is off. May use an exacto and make the hole bigger, but it's a great case for my days off.

During the week, I'll stick with my Otterbox Defender or Griffin Survivor

I just need to put a PS AntiGlare on it and it'll be perfect

asommers

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Long time users?

I picked up this case today at walmart and am extremely happy with the look and feel. The minimalist look and the slightly clear case is awesome. I currently use it with a screen protector but nothing for the sides or back.

I am wondering if any long time users of this case can comment on whether or not the case scratches the metal band and the back plate over a long period of use? I've heard dust particles can get trapped inside and act like sand paper. I'm hoping that I don't have to constantly take the phone out and clean it to prevent scratches.

Alternatively, I'm wondering if anyone has the luckylabs wrap with this case and whether the luckylabs wrap is thin enough to prevent side bulging (I previously had the Wrapsol Ultra sides but it was much too thick and caused the case to bulge)?

lpj8

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2002
I picked up this case today at walmart and am extremely happy with the look and feel. The minimalist look and the slightly clear case is awesome. I currently use it with a screen protector but nothing for the sides or back.

I am wondering if any long time users of this case can comment on whether or not the case scratches the metal band and the back plate over a long period of use? I've heard dust particles can get trapped inside and act like sand paper. I'm hoping that I don't have to constantly take the phone out and clean it to prevent scratches.

Alternatively, I'm wondering if anyone has the luckylabs wrap with this case and whether the luckylabs wrap is thin enough to prevent side bulging (I previously had the Wrapsol Ultra sides but it was much too thick and caused the case to bulge)?

I've had this case for over a year on my iPhone 4, and I didn't clean it for several months at a time. I didn't get any scratches on the metal band, but I did get strange marks, I guess the best way I could describe it would be watermarks. Sentiment definitely builds up over time, so now I clean it out every week. I can't seem to get them off, which is annoying.

On the positive side the case hasn't lost its shape over time, there is no sag, and it offers good protection. I dropped my phone with the case on face first on concrete from about 4 feet. Not a scratch on the case and no damage to the phone, so I guess those watermarks were worth it.

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
I used this on my iPhone 4 for many months and has zero scratches on the bands.

On a side note, the local Walmarts in Des Moines, IA just received a slightly modified version of the case/packaging. It says 'for the new iPhone s'. The mute button cutoff has been adjusted slightly to center it a little more.

I still think this is one of the nicest cases to date. Very sleek looking and feels great to hold and does not collect fingerprints. It's also great on the button feedback you get.

esploded

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2011
Does this offer as much protection as say the Otterbox Reflex?
I'm looking for a protective case, and I'm stuck between this, the reflex, and the candyshell. The candyshell is a tad bit expensive though.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
If anyone is interested, they have bulk package NGP (black) for 7.99 shipped.

Just ordered one. I dont know if its allowed to post a link to ebay, so just search Incipio NGP black iphone 4

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I used this on my iPhone 4 for many months and has zero scratches on the bands.

On a side note, the local Walmarts in Des Moines, IA just received a slightly modified version of the case/packaging. It says 'for the new iPhone s'. The mute button cutoff has been adjusted slightly to center it a little more.

I still think this is one of the nicest cases to date. Very sleek looking and feels great to hold and does not collect fingerprints. It's also great on the button feedback you get.

I need to check my local Walmart then because the version I picked up doesn't fit my 4S, but fits the 4 that I gave to my wife.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.