Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
i read on incipio site that they will be the official release partner of the verizon iphone so it will be out with the release of the phone on the 10th

Are you sure it is not just the silicrylic which is listed as an accessory on verizonwireless.com now?

I talked to someone at incipio yesterday who said this case and the DRX should fit the verizon iphone, but they are revising both to better fit the verizon iphone. I was told about two or three weeks.

Also the representative mentioned that the silicrylic had been revised already and will only be available through verizon.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Are you sure it is not just the silicrylic which is listed as an accessory on verizonwireless.com now?

I talked to someone at incipio yesterday who said this case and the DRX should fit the verizon iphone, but they are revising both to better fit the verizon iphone. I was told about two or three weeks.

Also the representative mentioned that the silicrylic had been revised already and will only be available through verizon.

incipio has tweeted many times talking about it and it said it on the web site.

JSK1121

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2007
i figured they would add up a page on their site, looks like you can get alot of them, drx does look nice

Despite that page saying all but one of their cases are compatible with both, I'm still a little leery. I ordered the NGP from them, natch, but I'm not 100% convinced it will really fit properly. I'll keep you posted.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Despite that page saying all but one of their cases are compatible with both, I'm still a little leery. I ordered the NGP from them, natch, but I'm not 100% convinced it will really fit properly. I'll keep you posted.

its going to fit, the vibrate switch will just sit low in the cut out. it should effect the case at all.

doubleaa

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
its going to fit, the vibrate switch will just sit low in the cut out. it should effect the case at all.

I have purchased this case in Matte Black for my Verizon iPhone. Looking at the cut out for the mute button and comparing the position from pictures I have seen on the Verizon iPhone it will definitely fit.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
As long as it's fully exposed and not partially covered up, I'm good to go.

its going to fit, i measured it and it will fit like i said before its just going to be a bit low in the cutout, i also have a verizon iphone on the way for my wife and i will test out every case i have in it and let everyone know which work really good or not but till then....

pete78

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
Hi,

I think I'm going to order this case as it seems that it's going to fit the Verizon iPhone. Has anyone had any issues using the PowerSupport Anti-Glare screen protector with this NGP case? Thanks!

TimShady

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Chicago
I just picked this case up from Walmart today for my Verizon iPhone 4. Everything lines up perfectly except for the mute switch, which is off-center. The switch still works very easily so that's not an issue. It would look better if it were centered in the cutout, but definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
Does anyone else have an ugly piece that sticks up on the right side that looks like it was sealed together at the top?

They should have sealed it in a different spot...

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
photowa.jpg

Zildjian242

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Just put this case back on after using the blue/white commuter.. I must say, Its still one of the best. Think this is the "case" for me

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
I do not think they should advertise this as fitting. The mute button is pushed up against the edge of the opening, and the case is applying pressure to the button. I think I will take a razor to mine and make a little extra room.
This and poorly done seem on the right side of the case, makes think that incipio could have done a better job for $20/not suggested it fits the verizon model.
Overall, the material of the case is its saving grace, and the only reason I do not return it.

tick221

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Even though it is listed as "Compatible" I'm getting a lot of button bump on the volume buttons. Think I'm going to return and wait to see if they release a updated version.

JSK1121

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2007
I got mine, and while I like the feel of it (a lot), the mute button is not a great fit in the cutout window, and the lower lip of the case (on the front, below the home button) is pretty stretched out. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.