Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jethrox

macrumors member
May 10, 2015
Boulder, Colorado
The TV app is DOA with no Netflix imo.
Or Amazon Prime or Comcast or...?

I would be happy if it would record my favorite programming...is there an app for that?
[doublepost=1478646460][/doublepost]
The only deal Apple can make is for them to buy Netflix. Not happening.
I disagree. All different kinds of deals are made every day. Netflix Netflix is success is based upon people that wish to view their content not upon the interface, they might actually get more viewers by joining the Apple team. However, Amazon prime has a competing product in their tablets.

Additionally, I would argue that any content that comes into my home I have the right to process it as I see fit, much in the way home video recording works. If I pay for Netflix I should use it the way I want. I dump all my contant into Apple TV if I could.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
... Not that anyone wants to hear this but you brought up the topic. I'd guess about half of the people in my office do stream illegally and I don't make a point of setting them straight nor do I see why anyone else should.
How did I make a point about setting you straight on the legality of what you do? Did you actual read what I wrote? Looks like you just did a quick look at my post w a clear biased mentality.

liberte1776

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2014
I wish they had a TV schedule grid for live / broadcast content by channel / app.... similar to what you get on a cable tv box. Obviously that wouldn't work as much for on demand content, but I didn't like their requirement to use Siri to find live streaming content.

Closest thing to this are the TV Guide app and On Now TV Guide apps.
[doublepost=1479145060][/doublepost]I cannot see the TV app on iPhone 6S+, sigh. The Video app settings do not retain my changes to use cellular and higher quality -- odd, wonder if it is an AT&T Carrier File restriction?!

On another note, a 4K Apple TV is WAY overdue!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.