Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you experiencing brand new app crashes and lags with iOS 10?

• Total voters

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
I have an iPhone 5S. I have NEVER had any problems with my phone and it is still in pristine condition. Since updating to ios 10 I'm having problems with apps I have NEVER had before. I keep getting all kinds of lags on almost every app. Basically it seems the screen will freeze for a few seconds then finally start working again. But also, especially on Facebook, apps will crash entirely. They will totally freeze and there is nothing I can do except double click the home button and swipe up to close the app. As I said this is all brand new with ios 10 And I have never experienced anything like this before.

On another note, I also have a Macbook Pro early 2008. Since upgrading to the latest available OS upgrade (and supposedly the last one that will ever support my Mac) 10.11.6. I am also experiencing very similar lags. The mouse arrow (or cursor if I am typing) will freeze for several seconds and then finally start working again. Funny coincidence (or not) that this started happening at the exact same time.

Any thoughts or advice? Please don't tell me to do a total reset of my phone!

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
No, not at all.
beta 1 had a few unexpected crashes, but beta3 fixed it, and the apps all updated to support ios10 better.
It's the same as always for me. Just fine.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might want to try resetting all settings, if it reinstalling even.

Reactions: Floris

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I told you not to tell me that! LOL
Well, the first part is not a total reset of everything. But that aside, those are typically the things to try, otherwise it's down to putting up with the weird issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.