Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BabaYaga

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I am actually ok with the incoming call taking the whole screen, there is something beautiful when u have a nice pic for each contact and you get a phone call. At least do it as an option.
Totally agree!

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Okay but they won't. Plus it's literally only £0.99/m for 50GB of storage. I don't understand why people argue with that. It's eye wateringly cheap. I'm almost certain 99.9% of those on this forum can afford that.
I think that's the same argument people are using when suggesting Apple increase the 5GB of storage for all of your devices combined. It's eye wateringly cheap. I'm almost 99.9% sure Apple can afford that. Doesn't affect me either way since my storage is elsewhere. Just pointing out that single argument works for both sides.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
We already have widgets on the lock screen and home screen; what benefit would adding complications bring?

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Would love for them to turn Safari Keychain into a proper password management app for those within the Apple ecosystem.

I used 1Password until they started peddling their subscription service. I still have the full v6 license but lost all respect for AgileBits and jumped ship after watching their extremely condescending support guy astroturf any and all negative feedback on social media and these forums.

Reactions: S G

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Everything mentioned here is pretty basic. And we still don't have it on iOS.
I would just add one pretty small and pretty basic thing also: SPEED DIAL

Dumb phones from late 90's had this option. Every other phone except iPhone has this. Well, only reason I still use iPhone is because of mac integration. But every day I find it hard to justify purchasing an iPhone just for that reason alone.

iOS is pretty lacking behind Android in options, so much so that it isn't even funny anymore.

iOS has speed dial, it is called favourites.

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Long run users wants some spice now. It is human nature, we want new things all the time. so, why not a whole lot of changes in ios? I love iphone, but now I am just so bored looking at same ios design for almost 7 years now! Apple, please give us new ios
Um. No. That is the difference between a mature person who knows what they want in life and how to commit to it, and a young person still exploring the world who isn't ready to settle down. I will grant you that not everyone even reaches that later stage, but please don't assume that all humans are "bored" by efficient designs that meet their needs perfectly already. Keep change for the sake of change in the realm of watch bands where it belongs.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Notifications:
Pre3_notification_stackedMultiple_320.png
Pre3_notifications_multipleCollapsed_320.png

Multi-tasking/app switching:
WebOS-Multitasking.jpg

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I want at least 52 new Emoji's when I am ordering my new €1000 (okay it might be €879, in that case it Sounds like a bargain) base model iPhone 8 later this year.

I dont care about REAL productive features

Reactions: Demo Kit

McScooby

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2005
The Paps of Glenn Close, Scotland.
Un-bastardize the music app from :apple:Music, like when it worked for just synced content & none of my iTunes purchases with no function lost, & build in the stack to allow hi-res files to be played thru the music app like in iTunes!

I thought the other day of having some way to authorise airplane mode from lock screen via control centre, as it stands today someone could nick my iPhone & straight away put to flight mode to prevent it being tracked, this ain't so clever! (NB. date no iPhones I've owned have been stolen, but seems an oversight perhaps)

Last edited:

Karllake

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2012
Being able to nickname your Bluetooth devices. I have a several headphones, speakers etc that aren't logically named and can't be edited.

Memo mode for photos, it would work like 'favourites' but effectively separate classic photos (holidays, friends, family) from photos taken just to remember something (like a diagram or important document).

Wifi holding pattern cancel, I often go into a place that I've previously connected to the wifi but if you have to agree the terms again you effectively and unknowingly go into limbo where your data stops work as you're 'connected to wifi' but the wifi isn't working because you haven't agreed the terms again, this is clear when you're actively using data but if you're not you can easily miss messages, emails etc, if the wifi has you in limbo for more than a set time you should be able to set a rule, a) keep trying b) give up and revert to data c) show a notification.

Restart the phone from 'accessibility' I had power button failure once and had to let the phone run out of power to force a restart, I get why power off isn't there as someone with resticted mobility might not be able to press power on again, but restart doesn't have this issue.

Play all albums, my iPod in the early 2000's had this option, select artist, play all albums back to back, not shuffled.

Clear all 'out of date' tickets from wallet in one action, I use the function twice a week and to deleted each ticket is a 4 tap process,

This won't happen but allow 3rd party sat nav apps on CarPlay.

Apple will introduce the next-generation version of iOS, iOS 11, on June 5 at its Worldwide Developers Conference. While WWDC is less than two weeks away, we've haven't heard many details on what we can expect.

There's talk about an overhauled design and an updated user interface along with rumors of new functionality for the iPad, but beyond that, we don't know what's coming, and we don't know what that new user interface will look like. In the absence of rumors, we've taken a look at some of the most-desired features MacRumors readers are hoping for in iOS 11, culled from our forums.

ios11-800x500.jpg

Unsurprisingly, many readers are looking forward to a new design and an overhauled interface. Here are some of the things readers want in a design refresh:

- Animated icons - Allowing developers to add small animations to app icons is something that iOS users have been wanting for several years. With access to subtle animations, apps like Fantastical could feature an icon with the current date, or third-party weather apps could display the current temperature.

- iPhone complications - The Apple Watch interface features multiple complications or small icons that let Apple Watch users glean information at a glance. On the iPhone, complications could be added to the lock screen or the Home screen to serve the same function, letting users see information like weather or activity level without needing to open an app.

applewatchcomplications-800x496.jpg

- Customizable Control Center - iOS 10 made a mess of the Control Center, splitting it into three screens. MacRumors readers are hoping for a more unified design with the ability to choose what icons and functions are displayed. Expanded 3D Touch for more granular control over Control Center options would also improve the Control Center.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: iOS 11 Wishlist: Features MacRumors Readers Are Hoping to See in the Next Version of iOS

Good list. I'm gonna come back here after WWDC when I'm super excited about iOS 11 and then realize that NONE of these features were implemented and get really sad...

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Jeez, give us dark mode already. It's baffling how the heck anyone is expected to use the phone in the dark or at night. Maybe if they pulled some devs off of making another bazillion useless emoji's every release they would have enough manpower to actually do something useful.

sledgehammer89

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
Want to have a Terminal with Unixtools, Filesystem and Xcode. Mouse support at least for Remote Desktops. Safari should have all Tabs in-sync.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008

I am aware and do appreciate your time here to point it out. The other day, I was at a BB store. I played with some Android phones and it was pretty easy to access features similar to iPhone yet they offered some straight forward features that included a simple choice - 3x4, 4x5, 4x6 for the icons/text. The 3x4 was large enough for folks like me not to have to put on glasses or squint. This is a pretty simple feature that Apple chooses to ignore (perhaps because it ruins the "form" which the seem to put before function at times). What I refer to is customizing as opposed to tool/features that are workarounds or assists. While one could remain with the basic look and feel of IOS, there is no reason some customization within the framework couldn't be done. Again, Apple prefers their for over function. Let's recall the iPad wasted a crap load of front screen real estate to keep that look/form rather than exploit function in a clever way that was still easy on the eyes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.