Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
iPhone 13 Pro here — Even after multiple restarts, I cannot Select All and delete messages from iMessage. Even when deleting them individually, they still get all glitchy and come back.

Side note: I do have an Apple Watch Series 7 and iPad Pro 11 M1, not sure if imessages is glitching b/c of those somehow, but worth mentioning.

This has been happening to me since iCloud Messages was introduced. I saw a "more than (10) reports and "potential fix in iOS 16" comment in the Feedback app after I filed it as a bug YET AGAIN during the iOS 16 betas but nothing changed.

edit: sorry, in my case it is attachments (photos sent / received via iMessage) and not texts itself.

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I am not sure if this is new (and the intended behavior) but I noticed that if I have Maps open, lock the phone and wake the phone again, it shows me maps without unlocking. Only if I swipe up on maps, it’s returning to the „unlock phone“ interface. It’s like the wrong order?

Seems a little unsafe. What if someone steals my phone while I have maps open? They could potentially see where I live

View attachment 2076596
I just tried, and in my 13 pro this does not happen to me. If I lock the phone with maps running, it shows me the lock screen, not maps.
what I do notice, and that happened with iOS 15 too, locating the iphone is a disaster. It always locates me at least 50 meters from where I am. only when I'm driving does it show me well, but the directions on foot are very imprecise. Not to mention that if you open maps if I am sitting on a terrace, I see how the circle is moving around me as if it were performing a dance.

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
Just downloaded 16.0.2...

1. When you launch the stock camera app and click on 2x, does the picture "shake" outside of the crop area? Not sure if this is normal or a defect with my unit.

2. When I launch the camera on Instagram there is an audible click followed by a constant hissing sound. Doesn't happen in the stock camera app. Is this normal?
#2 is totally happening for me. So strange. I can hear that hissing sound too. Only happens in IG thus far.

Reeneman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2021
System data very high on my 13 Pro

1663977554262.png

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Eufy app forces a restart on two different iPhone 14 PM devices in the household still. This can easily be replicated when viewing CCTV recordings via the app.

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
Eufy app forces a restart on two different iPhone 14 PM devices in the household still. This can easily be replicated when viewing CCTV recordings via the app.
no Eufy app issues here with iOS 16.1 beta 2 and iPhone 14 PM.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I sent an email to someone , heard the swoosh sound of it going out . After not getting a response I looked in my Sent folder and it wasn't there ! Anyone else having this issue ?
And no , I didn't touch the undo button by mistake ... my mail wasn't in Drafts either .

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I received an iPhone 14 Pro Max on launch day and have spent the entire last week restoring and resetting it due to an issue with the Music app only loading about 97% of my Music Library, or all but up to its state about a week or so before I even pre-ordered the phone. I had the GPS Bug, too, and although I don’t use any of those 3rd party apps, I did notice a delay in focusing in the Apple Camera App…

Again, I restored the phone SEVEN total times on 16, 16.0.1, 16.1b1 & 16.1b2, and had issues setting it up as new on 16.0.1, and it wasn’t until setting it up as new under 16.0.2 that everything has been working great for me.

All of my issues are gone. This release has been Kick As$ now that I feel like I can actually start using it.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I received an iPhone 14 Pro Max on launch day and have spent the entire last week restoring and resetting it due to an issue with the Music app only loading about 97% of my Music Library, or all but up to its state about a week or so before I even pre-ordered the phone. I had the GPS Bug, too, and although I don’t use any of those 3rd party apps, I did notice a delay in focusing in the Apple Camera App…

Again, I restored the phone SEVEN total times on 16, 16.0.1, 16.1b1 & 16.1b2, and had issues setting it up as new on 16.0.1, and it wasn’t until setting it up as new under 16.0.2 that everything has been working great for me.

All of my issues are gone. This release has been Kick As$ now that I feel like I can actually start using it.
Man, you've been through the wringer with your phone and glad it's all (mostly) resolved now and you can just enjoy using your new phone!

• Love
Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Man, you've been through the wringer with your phone and glad it's all (mostly) resolved now and you can just enjoy using your new phone!
I’m pretty sure I narrowed it down to either a corrupt iCloud & Local Backup of my prior iPhone 12 Pro OR an incompatible issue with the 12 Pro and the 14 Pro Max.. My Watch is behaving better, too, reliably staying connected to my home network’s SSID.

Feels like I’m back on that stable iOS 16 beta I’ve been using all Summer. Accept not beta.

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
Hello, I am wondering if anyone else’s new 14 pro/pro max is not as bright as advertised. Oddly enough, when setting next to my wife’s 13pro outside, the 13pro is brighter. But, when inside they are the opposite. I have checked the usual suspects such as brightness, True Tone, all of the options in accessibility. I am thinking either the phone is faulty or my screen protector is causing an issue. I haven’t pulled the screen protector off yet because I suck at putting them on and I did excellent With the one currently on there….lol. I have checked with auto-brightness on and off and AOD on and off and reset a couple of times. I am not sure if it is an issue with this beta or the phone.

I thought when the keynote said the 14 pro went up to 2000 nits outside it would be noticeably better but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Any thoughts are welcome 😀

Attachments

• 1AF88CEA-5C12-4905-BB06-82A3E176AC43.jpeg
    1AF88CEA-5C12-4905-BB06-82A3E176AC43.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 73
  • A2032E58-E3F0-4F29-BBCC-3E0569CE9B1F.jpeg
    A2032E58-E3F0-4F29-BBCC-3E0569CE9B1F.jpeg
    794.7 KB · Views: 72

Samdh90

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2021
Hello, I am wondering if anyone else’s new 14 pro/pro max is not as bright as advertised. Oddly enough, when setting next to my wife’s 13pro outside, the 13pro is brighter. But, when inside they are the opposite. I have checked the usual suspects such as brightness, True Tone, all of the options in accessibility. I am thinking either the phone is faulty or my screen protector is causing an issue. I haven’t pulled the screen protector off yet because I suck at putting them on and I did excellent With the one currently on there….lol. I have checked with auto-brightness on and off and AOD on and off and reset a couple of times. I am not sure if it is an issue with this beta or the phone.

I thought when the keynote said the 14 pro went up to 2000 nits outside it would be noticeably better but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Any thoughts are welcome 😀
Did you just get the 14? The reason I ask is that if the phone is still processing the tasks that they all do when the phone is new, or after a recent upgrade/restore, things run hotter than normal. One of the thermal settings is to reduce the display's brightness level when temp exceeds a particular threshold.

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
Did you just get the 14? The reason I ask is that if the phone is still processing the tasks that they all do when the phone is new, or after a recent upgrade/restore, things run hotter than normal. One of the thermal settings is to reduce the display's brightness level when temp exceeds a particular threshold.
Good thinking! I didn’t really think about processes increasing the temp. But unfortunately, I have had it since the 16th. I had installed the beta two days ago. also, neither phone had been outside. I took them directly from indoors to my back porch because I wanted to see how much brighter it is than the 13pro.

Reactions: Samdh90

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
I see the whole “copy & delete” when using a Safari screen shot still puts a copy of the screen shot in the Files app.

Man, I hate that feature / bug.

Reactions: Bobout

csohrab

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
With Update to 16.0.2 my Siri & dictation ist broken on my iPhone 12 64GB. With 16.0 it was just fine. Works perfect on Apple Watch S7, iPad and MacBook.

csohrab

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
Manuell override of 16.0.2 via MacBook with the same result. Mic is working because I can call. With AirPods same. Anybody an idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.