iOS 6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Stefanmz, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Stefanmz macrumors newbie

Stefanmz

Hey! I was just womdering is there any way to install iOS 6 right now on an iOS device? Is there an emulator with which I can run iOS 6 and iOS 10 at the same time? Or if not is there any way to install iOS 6 on a supported device? I know it sounds impossible but if there is any way I would like to know so I can try it.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

iOS 6 is no longer being signed by Apple, so you can't even reinstall on a device which originally supported it.

3. Stefanmz thread starter macrumors newbie

Stefanmz

What if I used something like beehind? I see that this can be used on 32 bit devices and I have a ipod touch 5g lying around.

4. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Not entirely true, 6.1.3 is still signed for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. The only reason is so that they can update to iOS 9 OTA. You can fully downgrade a Jailbroken 4S or iPad 2 to iOS 6 with no issues.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3, or iPad 4, there is a new jailbreak tweak called Coolbooter, that allows you to dual boot your device with iOS 6.

5. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I tried that on my old iPhone 4 jailbreak that coolbooter worked like a charm, but am re-jailbreaking the iphone though so i can at least ensure that ios6 via dual boot has decent space for me to put some stuff on there.