Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Wondering if I should try this on my 5S on Verizon. I'm on 7.1.2 now and don't wanna update in case they stop signing it. Most people don't know how to roll back n

longslowfade

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Ok, calm down people. It happened to me too, but obviously something got messed up that they weren't planning on. You know they'll fix it soon as they can.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
has anybody tried calling verizon or ATT? I wonder if there is a way they can fix this! I'm talking to Applecare support, but he's checking on it right now!

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Just stopped mine on install later!

Is this just a US thing or is it safe here in the UK?

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I can understand the cell not working if the serial is no longer broadcasting, but not the touch. Hopefully Apple fixes this soon. I've learned that Apple does not have a decent beta tester group to check these things out beforehand. We are the beta testers. In all honesty, this would be an alpha release as it is clearly not functional.

smoooosher

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
This issue started happening to me yesterday, without an update. iPhone 5S. Was losing cellular connectivity left and right. Wonder if there was an existing problem that the 8.0.1 update aggravated

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Will OTA updates update automatically? If so do I need to turn it off somewhere? I don't think mine updated yet.

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
Apple is still signing iOS 8.0 so if this problem has impacted you, you can restore the firmware to 8.0 and then restore your data from a recent backup.

Download the 8.0 firmware from here, then option-click on the Restore button in iTunes and select the ipsw that you downloaded.

SidBoggle

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Bucks, UK
iphone 6+ in the UK on O2 - service and touchid dead. Unbelievable cock up.

I rushed to do this update hoping it would fix my safari performance problems and icloud keychain issues (on the up side, both these issues seem fixed).

iPadCary

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012
NEW YORK CITY
Holy Mother Of God ....
Apple has just bricked thier flagship product ....

No 4G service=No communication.
No TouchID=You can't even use it, period, because you can't access it.
It's, quite literally, bricked.

Biggest f-up in mobile computer history, FFS.
Thank God I just happened to click on this topic by accident.
My iPaf Air is staying a mile away from iOS 8.0.1

I truly & honestly feel for you guys, I swear.
What if an incident happens & someone can't connect with emergency services?
Mega class action lawsuit coming.
Thanks, Tim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.