Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
FG6Vy.png

mlewin

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2014
These are not even rumours anymore. It is just speculation by an amateur that is not in any way connected to Apple at all. I could draw an interface on a pink elefant's ass and it would be equally relevant.

When combined with Apple's recently granted, patent #6,843,113, "A Touch-Based Interface for Salmon Pachyderm Posteriors" I'd say you're on to something, Peter.

In other news, Samsung announced they are working on an interface for a rosy elephant's ass. "It's rosy, dammit! It's not pink at all," according to Samsung's head of PR.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Look, folks...the "mockup" shows what a 2.5-inch screen would look like on a wrist. Nothing more.

The concept is just a decent idea of what iOS 7 would look like on a screen of that size.

It's been an hour since the first significant claim of a 2.5-inch iWatch. There will be more exploration of what it might look like, but this is a start.

Just curious how you or anyone else knows that the mythical "iWatch" is going to have an interface that looks just like the iPhone/iPad interface?

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Also surfaced today - the 12 inch Macbook Air with Retina Display running OS X Yosemite. Two words: Flat-ter!

macbookair.jpg

Last edited:

Yank in UK

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2008
Australia
Clunky 2.5" iWatch I will Never Buy

I could have strapped on a Nano years ago. As a guy with a small wrist I was excited about the smaller and round rumors heard earlier.

If this rumor is true, it is awful and sure to lead to poor sales and heads rolling

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Just curious how you or anyone else knows that the mythical "iWatch" is going to have an interface that looks just like the iPhone/iPad interface?

Because it's all we know. When the iPhone was rumoured, all the mockups were pretty much based around Apple's tech at the time -- that being, an iPod.

Personally I've got Apple pegged for 3D stuff -- not a 3D-effect on-screen, but holodeck-like technology that bounces out of the iWear (which I think it'll be called).

But hey ... Time will tell.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Also surfaced today - the 12 inch Macbook Air with Retina Display running OS X Yosemite. Two words: Flat-ter!

I dunno dude. The lighting on the 3rd picture seems a little off. I'm not convinced this is an accurate leak.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
I think this is the first time I've been actually embarrassed to read this site. MacRumors goes off on some pretty far ledges sometimes for a peak at what may come, but the shipping tape iWatch thing... That's a new reach.

There is an old saying that sometimes "no news is good news" -- I could have gone with no news today.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Circular, natural, fluid, invisible. These words will be in mind when Apple are tackling a wearable device. Apple have never been about taking what they already have and pushing it into a new market. The iWatch will be designed from the ground up, for a very unique and specific purpose: To connect you. Not to be a phone on your wrist.
how is a circular display natural for this? Some of the Moto 360 renders we saw had a black bar at the bottom of the screen because the UI didn't fit the entire display. Circular displays are rooted in a traditional watch which basically tells time. My guess is this mythical iWatch will do a heck of a lot more than tell time. Having a circular display is quite limiting IMO.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010

Oh gawd. I just laughed so hard my side hurts. This is going downhill fast. Can we please get a cammo duct tape iPod to finish it off??

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
I for one, love it! The villagers are getting angry, they demand their speculation in a polished form. :rolleyes:

No it would just be nice to have something of note. Sadly something that is becoming as rare as the Giant Panda on here.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Looks quite good, I'd definitely buy one, especially if it's that thin and flexible. I love how the design mimics brown tape and paper. It's truly innovative and different from what we've seen before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.