Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
If this mini iPad has better specs than the current one I ll be really pissed! To those saying it will not be retina...how can Apple really release an iOS device without it at this stage?? It would immediately look cheap....Apple aren't afraid of new resolutions that devs have to alter their apps for, so why the doubting?
For a simple tweak of the res, devs can rake in more cash from their apps, so it stands to reason they would make the effort to do so...plus look at the iPhone 5, it's relatively easy to make apps compatible for it, so why not throw in another...it's not that tough to make these changes.
As much as I want an updated current iPad, perhaps with A6X or something, this cat and mouse game is getting a bit long in the tooth...if that's the case they should have saved the 'new iPad' until October.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I really hope that the rumours are true. I am in an almost desperate need of a proper tablet to read PDF files. eReaders are either not fit for the job, the iPad is just too expensive for that purpose and other tablets seem to stick to the strange slim aspect ratio and don’t support everything I have on my Mac. A smaller and cheaper iPad would be exactly what I need.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
My mates girlfriend's Uncle's fiancée brothers work mates daughters mates brothers girlfriends dad's cousin, second cousin sister's mate's brothers mate told me.... they are making the iPad mini in Brazil so I stuck it on the front page rumour news.................................. :rolleyes:

Just like the exact same person told me they were going to announce an event for it on October 10th.

I fear ssssooooooo many people are going to be disappointed by the end of October.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
"I want an iPad mini"
-Said no one ever

EDIT: It appears I may be wrong. Quite surprised that people actually want this thing.

Everyone here said it was stupid less than a year ago. Of course now that it will be ready for sale soon it is a brilliant idea. I wonder when they'll sue Google for making the Nexus 7 before the mini iPad was released?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Everyone here said it was stupid less than a year ago. Of course now that it will be ready for sale soon it is a brilliant idea. I wonder when they'll sue Google for making the Nexus 7 before the mini iPad was released?

Oh! Don't forget all those Chinese manufacturers like Ainol, and then you have Amazon and the arche nemesis Samsung and lets not forget Kobo and Barnes & Noble.

Tablets that will always be priced better then any mythical iPad Mini will be! The new iPod Touch saw to that.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
But the Steve said 7" tablets would be DOA?

when he said that time, the resolution available was 1024x600 (for 7") and 9.7" display in the original iPad was expensive ($80 to $100 range)
http://www.isuppli.com/teardowns/news/pages/ipad-2-carries-bill-of-materials-of-$326-60-ihs-isuppli-teardown-analysis-shows.aspx

and there were no 32nm CPUs and all the technological improvements you see now

It takes a while to build anything. now you can really build these machines for about $150 range still make some profits.

iMeanIt

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
Temporarily in Michigan
"Jesus Christ"

Oh jesus christ, I have to explain this to you??? It was in quotes, sir. As in, I was quoting...a movie. Austin Powers, to be precise.

Seriously, I love how people feel the need to correct what was obviously a joke.

Wow. Just wow.

Hmmm - I don't recall Austin Powers talking about an iPad - which movie? And BTW, it's Jesus Christ - not jesus christ.

DamenS

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2011
The iPad Mini does not "lack a hole" for something like a microphone, it HAS a hole for something like a microphone. If you "lack a hole", you don't have a hole. This is the opposite, in the English language at least, of that which you mean to convey.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
But the Steve said 7" tablets would be DOA?

Steve said a lot of things that Apple would later contradict. Though still it is important to note that the rumors say 7.85". Not only is this about 40% larger than a 7", but at this size the touch elements are scaled exactly as they are on the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.