Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
^yup. It's got that soft rubber bubble tip like some of the other ones and it's really awesome. While it's not like drawing with some copic pens, it's way better than using my finger. It glides across my SGP films on both my iPad and iPhone with relative ease. It takes a bit of getting used to since it's wide but can make thin lines. Luckily I have small Asian hands, so it's not at all small for me. It might be a tad short for others though. I hope to get better with it so I can illustrate some comics with it.

Glad you're enjoying it! Mine's here now too. I've got small hands as well and I almost thought it was too chunky at first but I got used to it quickly. I also like the length.

l1yogibear

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010

drgopoos

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
I was looking at the kno tablet seen here
http://www.kno.com/the-kno
and i saw that it comes with a stylus that is battery powered and has a point to it. does anyone know if this would work on the ipad? here is the link to the stylus. http://www.kno.com/store/productdetails/kno-stylus?productName=K03001-NA
and here is a link to the replaceable tips http://www.kno.com/store/productdetails/kno-stylus-tip-replacements?productName=K07001-NA

please let me know what you think.
thanks

I would love to knw this too

leeds011

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2011
Pointier (?), works on your Sharpie/Bic and on Kickstarter

Hi folks,

Here's something that might be of interest:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1004382302/more-real-stylus-cap

I don't know if it'll be as smooth as something like the alupen, but it would be good to be able to switch from a normal pen to a stylus by just taking off the cap. The brass ones look good too.

By the way, did anyone try the Nokia capacitive stylus and if so, was it any good?

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Stylus Cap.jpg
    Stylus Cap.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 267

aleksander

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
London, UK
I certainly wouldn't want an active digitiser added to the iPad at the cost of the Capacitive multi-touch input. However, active digitisers have a "range" which is far greater than that of a multi-touch panel.

If you've ever used a graphics tablet you'll know what I mean, you can hover the stylus over the tablet without actually touching the surface to move the mouse cursor around. What this would mean in terms of the iPad is that an active digitiser layer could be squeezed behind the capacitive input layer, screen and glass whilst still being, in theory, functional.

It's never going to happen, but it's also irrefutably the holy grail of input. To have an iPad switch into active-only input when it senses a pen hovering over or touching its surface would be glorious, and fantastic for all sorts of artsy fartsy endeavours. A pen-sized, pen-shaped, pressure and tilt sensitive ... err.. pen... to use on the iPad would be wonderful. Not to mention that (at least in the world of Wacom) active digitiser input devices use an inductive power system, so no batteries to mess about with either.

Exactly. I hope competition tablets will introduce it quickly so then Apple would wake up and make it even better...

the-insider

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
I both bought the Dagi and Griffin from Amazon. the Dagi first game with its plastic tip. U have to hold it in certain angel.

then the Griffin came. I've never used the Dagi ever since. Griffin has good rubber tip, not too "slidey" which is good for drawing, and u don't need that much pressure for it to register.

Griffin might be the same as Targus pen (just ordered too)

AztecKing

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
Targus

Bought Targus from Best Buy and use it with Notes Plus app. Stylus works great and the app is nice because it has a palm rest that slides up from the bottom and moves with your palm. Very close to using a real pad and pen. I was sold on the app after watching the video on You Tube.

PWNkake

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Just ordered an E style. I'll let you guys know how it performs! Looking forward to it, thanks FernandoJT! Read about your product here, if you were wondering! This is Mbison/matt.

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Anyone "back" the cosmonaut stylus when they were allowing pay what you want prices. You need to commit $25 currently but the first 3000 "backers" were able to get it for as low as $1. I really like the stylus caps as far as the feel goes. So much cool stuff on kickstarters I'm glad someone referenced them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.