iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Customers in the U.S. Anxiously Await Shipping Confirmation

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

With U.S. pre-orders for Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models set for delivery on Friday, many customers have been anxiously waiting for information on the shipping status of their orders.

Since yesterday, dozens of MacRumors forum members have been noting that their order statuses have updated to "Prepared for Shipment", revealing that shipment is imminent. There have been a very small number of reports of customers receiving shipment tracking numbers, although few screenshots or other confirmatory evidence have been provided to support claims that significant numbers of the iPads are moving into shipment status yet.

Many customers were expecting movement on their orders to have occurred earlier in the week, given that pre-orders for the Wi-Fi iPad models began shipping over five days before their delivery date of Saturday, April 3rd. The reason for the later start on shipments for the 3G-capable models appears to be due to the shipments already being stocked at distribution points around the United States.
A reader of The Loop contacted Apple on Tuesday worried that he hadn't heard anything about his shipment. He was told that the Wi-Fi + 3G are already in warehouses across the country.

Unlike the iPad Wi-Fi that shipped directly from China to customers, the 3G model will ship from within the U.S.
Customers in a number of other countries are scheduled to see the iPad launch late next month, with Apple set to provide additional information and pre-ordering details on May 10th.

Article Link: iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Customers in the U.S. Anxiously Await Shipping Confirmation

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
You all know you won't be getting it until Friday, so everyone needs to calm down and just relax until Friday when the 3G iPad will be sitting at your door step.

mike5411

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Does anyone have a definite idea on how much the unlimited data plan would be each month after taxes and other regulatory fees? Apple nor AT&T can provide me an answer.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
As long as the Apple stores have it on Friday, I'm good to wait in line.......:cool:

Tony

OunZe

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
dallas, tx
Does anyone have a definite idea on how much the unlimited data plan would be each month after taxes and other regulatory fees? Apple nor AT&T can provide me an answer.

They can't give you that answer because every state/locality is different with fees and taxes.

jamone13

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
They can't give you that answer because every state/locality is different with fees and taxes.
Yet AT&T will be able to give you that answer Friday when we can sign up for 3G. I understand its different by state but why can't AT&T tell me what it may be for my state? They would be the ones to know. Since they have to have already gotten that figured out for their billing to be able to work in 2 days.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
confirmed this, mine in Jonestown, PA-I'm in NYC!

We wont see tracking till tomorrow! Overnight probably!

dwcerra

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
Delivery signature required.

I'm working this Friday and as I understand it, someone has to be home for the UPS Driver to give it too. It won't be left at the door. :eek: I'm hoping to write a note, sign it & post it to my door in the hopes the delivery driver will leave it for me. :confused:

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
I'm working this Friday and as I understand it, someone has to be home for the UPS Driver to give it too. It won't be left at the door. :eek: I'm hoping to write a note, sign it & post it to my door in the hopes the delivery driver will leave it for me. :confused:
Sign into your apple store account... i can't remember exactly how this works, but you can print out an official release form that will allow them to leave it at your door.

RoccoFan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
3G? Why?

I've been using my WiFi model EVERYWHERE. I have an unlimited data plan with sprint + HTC Touch Pro 2 + Walkinghotspot.com app.

I'm golden. You guys can keep your 3G model that costs $130 extra plus $30/month for ATT's already over burdened network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.