iPad4 ordered-Excitement on The Forum Low?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jazz1, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I don't understand it. Usually when a new iPad is introduced there is a lot of talk about having one on the way, and of course what new tech it has.

I have to admit I was happy to see the iPad Mini introduced, but soon realized the iPad4 was a far better replacement for my iPad2 than the iPad Mini. Size matters:)

Is there some kind of "New Orleans Funeral" going on here for iPad3 owners? I'm just hoping the subdued atmosphere on the forum will pick up when people get their hands on the iPad4.

Having said that I do understand that many probably wouldn't be happy with a 7 month upgrade from the 3 to the 4. But having kept the iPad2 when the iPad3 was introduced just shows me we are all just on different buying cycles dependent on need and of course $$$$. Eventually most people will upgrade. In my case my kids love to get the hand-me-downs for both iPhones and iPads.

I hope the iPad4 party here will start soon. iPad3 owners see you at the iPad5 party!:D

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

just not as big a new thing, lots still have iPad 3.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Well it kinda makes sense because less people want to upgrade.

iPad 2 - Lighter, thinner, faster + cameras

iPad 3 - Retina display + LTE

iPad 4 - ....

I also suspect that the iPad mini is stealing much of the "new" iPad's thunder.

4. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

iPad 3 - Laggy at times.

iPad 4 - Problem solved. Pretty new connector.

That's about it.

5. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

6. Liquinn Suspended

Will do. :)

7. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

It makes me wonder if non-tech people who have never owned an iPad are going to be able to differentiate between the iPads regarding their needs? Some of the people I work with feel that the other non-Apple offerings are a bargain simply based on price. I think that is a mistake because I do think the iPad Mini has a lot to offer because of the iOS and apps. I guess this is a discussion for another thread.

8. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I am excited...

I noticed the same thing, but at least I'm excited. This is my first iPad and its exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm getting it launch day and could not be happier.

9. aneftp macrumors 68040

Rule of thumb unless money is no object. (My thoughts on iPad 4)

1. iPad 1. Yes definitely upgrade to something, anything
    2. iPad 2 probably should consider upgrading to iPad 4
    3. iPad 3 not necessary to upgrade unless u have a valid reason (like handing down iPad 3 to wife/kids)

Seriously. I have lots of disposable income and this is the first "I" device in a very long time I have no desire to purchase.

(I have iPad 3). I just sold my iPad 2 on Craigslist. And I ordered base iPad mini (although having 2nd thoughts about even keeping it cause I have had a 7 inch Playbook and 7 inch nexus 7 and found 7 inch a little small for my taste). Maybe 7.85 inches may make a difference.

10. irDigital0l Guest

I have an iPad 1...now thats lag.

All the demo iPad 3's I tried out at Best Buy or the Apple Store never experienced any lag.

And even if it was...you couldn't tell.

11. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Well I am excited. iPad 3 was laggy and glitchy. Plus on wifi next to my iphone 5 was slow. So I sold my 3 and excited for my 4.

Friday cannot come soon enough for me!!

12. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Seeing my 1st ipad, a 5 month old device now on sale in the refub store for $379 like it's a junk piece of garbage, an embarrassment that Apple wants to purge from existence as quickly as possible doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling towards Apple. I'll keep my ipad 3 because I'm not interested in parting with it for the meager $250 I've been offered for it, not sure if I'll be lining up for another drink of the Koolaid come the next refresh though.

Congrats on your new device, good luck with it.

13. JS3 macrumors regular

I'm excited but havent really posted about it. I cant wait to get mine. The faster chip sounds great and would like for my iphone and ipad to be back to the same connector. lol

14. Liquinn Suspended

15. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

iPad mini took too much attention away from iPad 4. Actually Apple should have never released the iPad 4 in it's current state. It looks exactly the same and a great number of people don't care that the browser opens up 1 second faster. The mini should have had 100% of the attention this fall and the iPad 4 should have been next spring.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

17. bobright macrumors 601

It's not THAT laggy it is at times on certain applications, but most of the time it's smooth.

18. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I find nothing to be exciting about the iPad 4. That doesnt mean its bad, but it's been a long time since Apple has felt like an "exciting" company.

Thats why I predict 2013 to be a year where Apple really blows our minds. They wouldnt clear the deck so quickly in Q4 if they didn't have something for the consumers/shareholders/media to focus on for 2013 so they've got to have some big secret weapon to unveil... hopefully

19. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

iPad mini took too much attention away from iPad 4. Actually Apple should have never released the iPad 4 in it's current state. It looks exactly the same and a great number of people don't care that the browser opens up 1 second faster. The mini should have had 100% of the attention this fall and the iPad 4 should have been next spring.

20. pk7, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

pk7 macrumors 6502

I was gonna get a new iPad in the spring because that's when I thought they'd usually come out, and I figured I could seriously use one for my education, and that the iPad 3 was just an iPad 2 with a Retina display.

So naturally, when they announced the upgraded fourth-gen early, I pounced on it like a lion pouncing a zebra. It's my first iPad, and I'm super excited. :D

PS, does anyone have a more precise idea of when Cellular iPad models will deliver, other than "Mid November"?

21. Texran macrumors regular

The pricing on the refurb store has nothing to do with the new release. You can't really expect, and I don't think they can sell a used device as new.
    I'll also add, after 4-6 months the new iPad will be selling in the refurb store at the Same discount.

22. jumpmandds macrumors regular

Because its not really a new iPad lol when the next drop next year the forum will have excitement

23. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

for me it was laggy. very laggy, especially when i could load the same page on my iphone and it would come up faster than my iPad.

24. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

This device cost over $600 with Applecare+ & tax just 5 months ago. Now you can buy it from apple's refurbished bin for $379.. that junk device bin is the only place on the apple site that you'll find any mention of ipad 3. That $379 price tag means that my device's resale value is now in the $200- $250 range if I'm lucky.

Why should any of us value this device when Apple, it's creator is clearly so embarrassed by it that they've removed any mention of it from their website like it never existed & is dumping it's remaining stock at bargain basement prices?

25. sleek881 macrumors regular

sleek881

Which will be October next year for iPads.

New iPad is a big thing if you live in a country other than U.S. to be able to use LTE