Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Datloud

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2020
Just to note before totally signing off, I switched from Verizon to AT&T 3 weeks ago, still going strong with no signal loss and 5G service in an extreme RURAL area, for reference a mosquito named Charles my closet neighbor, but in all seriousness, I live 25 miles from a town of less than 10,000. For the ones who are still having issues, press Verizon for help, the network is the problem, not the phones. See y’all on the flip side.

Reactions: pat_kingsley

pat_kingsley

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2020
Wallingford, CT
Just to note before totally signing off, I switched from Verizon to AT&T 3 weeks ago, still going strong with no signal loss and 5G service in an extreme RURAL area, for reference a mosquito named Charles my closet neighbor, but in all seriousness, I live 25 miles from a town of less than 10,000. For the ones who are still having issues, press Verizon for help, the network is the problem, not the phones. See y’all on the flip side.
Appreciate the update my friend. My phone still loses service briefly once or twice a day. Not as frequent as before though. The other morning, it was acting up like crazy for a couple hours then it calmed down lol. Maybe they were working on the towers?

I’m also convinced it’s a carrier issue. Weighing pros/cons of switching to AT&T as it would be more expensive per month for me, or staying with Verizon for a bit as C band should be coming to my area later this year.

It’s more of a nuisance than a major inconvenience at this point.

Reactions: Datloud

Datloud

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2020
Appreciate the update my friend. My phone still loses service briefly once or twice a day. Not as frequent as before though. The other morning, it was acting up like crazy for a couple hours then it calmed down lol. Maybe they were working on the towers?

I’m also convinced it’s a carrier issue. Weighing pros/cons of switching to AT&T as it would be more expensive per month for me, or staying with Verizon for a bit as C band should be coming to my area later this year.

It’s more of a nuisance than a major inconvenience at this point.
Good luck Pat! They will get it right, for the ones who stick with them it might work out better, glad to hear it’s calmer, You take care friend!

• Love
Reactions: pat_kingsley

Barry O'Bummer

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
I switched from Verizon to AT&T back in December, and haven't had a single issue since.

It's almost unbelievable that Verizon hasn't been able to fix this yet.

Reactions: whattodo11

RealJC123

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2021
Hello all I’m posting this in a few places. I am having a rough time with my 12 Pro since I got it in November. I can not use the phone in my home office and other areas in the house or close to the house like the drive way without it disconnecting. It appears to be an issue when I get just far enough from WiFi. I do use WiFi calling most of the time because I have weak signal in the house, but not outside. I have been through 6 months of back and forth with the carrier (AT&T) and Apple and my ISP. I have done every imaginable step, Sim change, resets, updates, new router, even a new 12 Pro etc. Apple says it’s everyone but them and everyone else says it’s an iPhone issue. My X, 11, and 11 Pro DO NOT have this issue at all. The common denominator is this 12 Pro. I see all kind of issues like this across the internet, but Apple won’t fix. This has been the worst iPhone experience I have ever had. I am on 14.4.2 and I really believe this is a phone issue not juggling between cell and WiFi well.

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
Can’t believe this still hasn’t been fixed. I’ve had my 12 Pro replaced twice and neither replacement fixed my issues. I lose reception on the drive to and from work, at the local shopping plaza, and at my only local family member’s house. None of this happened with my 11 Pro.

RealJC123

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2021
Mine still has issues when I’m on the fringe of WiFi and cellular. Doesn’t seem to hand off well. It’s the worst iPhone I’ve ever owned. X, 11, 11pro, no issues. Apple has blamed everything (carrier, ISP, router, settings) but not their device. After 7 months of jumping through every hoop they’ve asked, still won’t work.

Reactions: Brettka7

Ram65

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Its gotta to be the weak Qualcomm modem apple is using in the 12 series . People didn’t have this problem with the iPhone 11 series with intel

Chevyman29

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
Its gotta to be the weak Qualcomm modem apple is using in the 12 series . People didn’t have this problem with the iPhone 11 series with intel
Maybe I got the only good iPhone 12 they made.
I'm on Verizon and consistently get better service than I did with the 11.
I am always traveling through fringe areas and my 12 always holds on to a signal longer than any iPhone or Samson that I've used lately.
I doubt it's the modem.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Mine still has issues when I’m on the fringe of WiFi and cellular. Doesn’t seem to hand off well. It’s the worst iPhone I’ve ever owned. X, 11, 11pro, no issues. Apple has blamed everything (carrier, ISP, router, settings) but not their device. After 7 months of jumping through every hoop they’ve asked, still won’t work.
Mine does the same. Annoying.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
My 12 Pro Max is a launch day device. I’m also on Verizon. I deliver mail, so I’m constant driving and going into different neighborhoods. There are a few areas in my city that are dead spots for every carrier, and that is the only area I lose signal in or it’s weak. My 12 Pro Max has 100% better connectivity than my XS Max on T-Mobile and Verizon.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
My AT&T iphone goes to no service and i have to turn it off and on. Toggling airplane mode doesn't fix it.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I’ve got an iPhone 12 Pro on AT&T and have had pretty good service here in the Chicago Suburbs. The occasional dropped call while driving, but that’s to be expected. Way better than my iPhone 11 Pro Max when I couldn’t even get a signal in my own home.

Woody1073

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Is there any possibility that the amount of technology companies are putting into mobiles nowadays that the technology is interfering with signal? It’s just that until recently Samsung mobiles led the way when it came to signal strength but if you research the last few generations of the note and galaxy S series there are countless complaints of weak or no signal, I have no loyalty to either Samsung or Apple I just buy the phone I want regardless of who makes it but I have found from my own experience of living in a weak signal area that where Samsung was the go to phone if you wanted a reliable connection this is no longer the case as both Apple and Samsung appear to have dropped the ball when it comes to producing handsets that can connect to a signal and successfully stay connected to it.

Wired Tripwire

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2020
Gettysburg PA
I’ve had the 12 pro max since launch. I’ve tested the s21 ultra in very weak signal areas with the 12 pro max on att and tmobile, on both carriers the s21 had no service while I could still complete a call on the iPhone. On band 12 att the iPhone can read -110 while the s21 is —114 to -116. I’ve returned the s21 twice because of this

Reactions: DigitalGrl

Datloud

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2020
Sad to see most of y’all are still having service issues. No way it’s the phones, it’s the service in the area YOU live. For me it was Verizon that was weak and ATT is strong, I’m getting 5Ge in a lot of places Verizon wasn’t getting any service. Now you drive 100 miles and the roles might be reversed. Check your carriers, switch to a stronger provider in your area if you can. Marginal service is a thing and I was lucky enough to get out of mine.

paulsonj72

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Had no issues on either my phone or iPad with Verizon. In truth there is a tower not that far from me which helps but Verizon is the dominant carrier where I live in part due there being a Radio Shack/Verizon Store here in town. That’s where I went to get my SIM cards and such. I did reactivate service last August on my Android device for one simple reason. I knew I was getting an iPhone the next week and wanted my service to be up and running when the iPhone came. That I was able to do online(re activate my android phone) as I had a SIM card already installed.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
UPDATE!!

So unfortunately the class action lawsuit is not going forward. the cost of the engineering would be too much :(
also my phone has progressively gotten worse on Att and I cannot now hold a call in my house again. Not great.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
UPDATE!!

So unfortunately the class action lawsuit is not going forward. the cost of the engineering would be too much :(
also my phone has progressively gotten worse on Att and I cannot now hold a call in my house again. Not great.
You should demand a MicroCell from AT&T. Some years ago I had moved to a location where I had zero signal in most of my home. Sometimes I’d have to go outside to make a call to AT&T so I could get help. I was finally able to get a MicroCell from them at no extra charge per month.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
You should demand a MicroCell from AT&T. Some years ago I had moved to a location where I had zero signal in most of my home. Sometimes I’d have to go outside to make a call to AT&T so I could get help. I was finally able to get a MicroCell from them at no extra charge per month.
I FINALLY got wi-fi calling to work. I have no idea why it starting working tonight but now I can turn on airplane mode have wi-fi on and make a call. Should alleviate the issue at the house?

Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I FINALLY got wi-fi calling to work. I have no idea why it starting working tonight but now I can turn on airplane mode have wi-fi on and make a call. Should alleviate the issue at the house?
A Microcell provides carrier signal (in our case AT&T) over existing internet. I’ve always had a great internet connection, and using a MicroCell at home I went from zero signal to excellent signal. Worth looking into, IMO. Especially if you’re still having these issues in your own home.

Reactions: whattodo11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.