Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salz4life

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2019
Fox Lake, IL
First year in a decade not upgrading. There’s just not enough reason. This is great for someone with a 10 or maybe 11
i have an 11 and other than the ProMotion on the 13 Pro, nothing really stood out for me either. The ProMotion is going to end up tempting me too much I think, though.

Reactions: ohio.emt

macford

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
I thought we weren't supposed to mount our phones to motorcycles or scooters because it can screw up the camera yet the new commercial has a delivery guy with his iphone mounted to a scooter. Must have been using a dampening mount. From the previous Macrumors post "Apple even recommends that users mounting their devices to lower-powered devices like mopeds and electric scooters at least use a vibration-dampening mount to minimize the chances of any damage."

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
I thought we weren't supposed to mount our phones to motorcycles or scooters because it can screw up the camera yet the new commercial has a delivery guy with his iphone mounted to a scooter. Must have been using a dampening mount. From the previous Macrumors post "Apple even recommends that users mounting their devices to lower-powered devices like mopeds and electric scooters at least use a vibration-dampening mount to minimize the chances of any damage."
Been using my iPhone se on harleys and sportbikes 5 years now isn’t broke

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
This is really the S year, next year is gonna be more substantial. But if you are looking for another 12 like launch, 2023 is it.

Reactions: kiensoy

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Was really hoping for Sat calling as a feature for when I’m doing some dispersed camping in the CA deserts. As it stands I’ll be hanging on to my 11 Pro Max.

samlikesmac

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
Of course they would say you know what’s better than increasing the price by $100 increments for every storage tier like previous, increasing the price by $200 for the top two highest options. Like really, can they not sacrifice a single percent of profit margin. I’m sure next year’s model will be at least $100 more expensive anyway so we have that to look forward to.

Reactions: dcdandan

spook

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2004
I wasn't impressed.

and if it wasn't for the fact I am on a iPhone 7 Max, I would wait for the 14.
But it is showing its age battery wise and I want the better camera.

Reactions: foliovision

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Honestly, still on a X and nothing shook me enough to consider this. Still sticking to my X until 2023. Good news though, will be getting an 11 for my mother and a 12 for my siblings.

i dunno, the camera on m wife's Xs (she takes a lot of pics) really isn't that good and this might be enough to get her to upgrade.

Reactions: foliovision

flexiboy1912

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
This apple event was extremely disappointing, literally nothing special. Really disappointed.
Yep. They have run out of ideas and trying to convince people they can record a Hollywood film is desperate act as most people won't use the new camera features. Very disappointed announcement but not surprised. When it becomes all about the camera you know they are struggling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.