Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacefiesta

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
The PS ships from their US office in Burbank, Ca. If you are in Southern California, you can buy it from their store, but check out the other thread for a good ebay seller where you can make an offer to get them for $16 + free shipping instead of the $24 they charge + shipping.

ouch, already ordered @ a total of 32$!!!

and...yeah, they're 30 minutes away...probably should have just gone down there.

BTW-
Does anyone use a case & a power support back protector film? I know cases can cause some serious grime if you don't regularly clean the phone, so it's pretty cool to have one i guess.

munchyman

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
Hi, I have bought these TruProtection TRU-144 screen protectors, and from all my experience, they are re-branded PowerSupport Anti-Glare screen protectors. The installation instructions and the feel are exactly the same.

I can't see any difference between PowerSupport and the TruProtection, and the quality and fit are excellent. I also wanted to order them from Power Support, but I found the shipping and customs costs too high. Being able to buy them from FIDO in Canada made things so much easier and less costly.

I hope this helps others in Canada who are looking for an excellent screen protector, and who want to save themselves some money... IAN.

Thanks for the tip. I'm still hoping to get the Crystal set while still avoiding the ridiculous shipping price to Canada.
Anybody want in on a bulk purchase to offset the cost?
Alternatively, anybody in the states want to add one to their order and then ship it to me once received? Will gladly PayPal to cover the expenses...

Zildjian242

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
hey guys, quick question. Is the Anti Glare HD fingerprint proof as well?

(im sure its been answered but im on my iphone right now and dont want to go threw all these pages)

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
So - Got the PS front/back installed and love them. Now - any case/bumper that works with both? My Incase Snap doesn't play well with the PS back protector. Seems OK with the front.

I have a cheap a$$ eBay bumper that seems to work but I don't like the way it's sleep button cover blocks that function unless you mash down real hard.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
hey guys, quick question. Is the Anti Glare HD fingerprint proof as well?

(im sure its been answered but im on my iphone right now and dont want to go threw all these pages)

Fingerprint proof is probably a bit strong but it is definitely fingerprint-resistant. You will not get anywhere near the amount of fingerprints and smudges with the AG as you would with the Crystal, but don't get one thinking that you'll never see another fingerprint on your screen. The AG are really great though if you can live with the reduction in screen clarity. They feel awesome and your fingers just glide across the screen.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
So - Got the PS front/back installed and love them. Now - any case/bumper that works with both? My Incase Snap doesn't play well with the PS back protector. Seems OK with the front.

I have a cheap a$$ eBay bumper that seems to work but I don't like the way it's sleep button cover blocks that function unless you mash down real hard.

I don't have a problem with the PS back and an incase snap (smoke). it makes one edge of the PS come up a bit, but nothing horrid.

djgulia

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
finally ordered the AntiGlare set. I used them on my 3G and loved them. Got my sister and parents (who actually use them on their Droids) hooked on them as well, so I ordered an additional set for my sister and dad. Makes the shipping cost not so bad.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
Sorry if someone posted this already but can you do wet install with PS?

Edit; nevermind forgot it comes with pre-installation sheets :p

azelaya84

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010

I was using the incase snap with both the front and the back protectors and it didnt work well kept getting that oil slick mark (switch easy nude, speck fitted, and those ebay tpu didnt work either). I picked up a candyshell today and it works great with the front and back protectors.

SydneyJunkie

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
what is the pre installation sheet and what does it do? I threw it away and just threw on the power support

awesome by the way, best and most clear protecter ever

Menzo

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Pre-Installation screen is to just pick up any dust residues left behind on your screen after wiping. Not really necessary but it's a thoughtful touch.

raguno

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
I have the PS anti-glare and love the way it feels but miss that pop I get from the retina. Has anyone had success with removing and re-applying these as needed. I just wonder how many times you could do it before you lose all the adhesion. I know it's a messy process but I wouldn't mind having it on one week and taking it off the next.

Zildjian242

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Just got the HD anti glare film. This protector is the best so far.
I do see a bit of grain (especially when the screen shows white). But nothing enough to diminish the beauty of the screen.

The installation was simple as well

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I have the PS anti-glare and love the way it feels but miss that pop I get from the retina. Has anyone had success with removing and re-applying these as needed. I just wonder how many times you could do it before you lose all the adhesion. I know it's a messy process but I wouldn't mind having it on one week and taking it off the next.

It's static cling. You can do it as many times as you want. You just run the risk of having dust under the screen which is very likely.

Menzo

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
It's static cling. You can do it as many times as you want. You just run the risk of having dust under the screen which is very likely.

Wait, so we can remove the protector from the iphone, place it back on the supplied paper it came with, and possibly use it somewhere down the line in the future?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Wait, so we can remove the protector from the iphone, place it back on the supplied paper it came with, and possibly use it somewhere down the line in the future?

Ehh, you could, but it's safer to just buy a new protector. If you don't F up your first install, you can use the second one later on if you bought the 2-piece set from PS.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Thank you for your review, I've pre-ordered one from Amazon for $20+Free Shipping.

Should have ordered off of mygearstore on ebay. $13 for anti-glare or crystal or $16 for the 3 piece set (one of each for the front and a crystal for the back). Free shipping too.

verity

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Should have ordered off of mygearstore on ebay.

Thanks for the advice. I checked them out and the options are "clear" or "anti-glare". Is "clear" the crystal, and then the "anti-glare" the HD?

I seriously need something deserving the Retina display, to replace the Wrapsol (4G ultra) and Bodyguardz (3gs front, I made the cut out for the front camera before applying) I have tried.

Thanks.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Thanks for the advice. I checked them out and the options are "clear" or "anti-glare". Is "clear" the crystal, and then the "anti-glare" the HD?

I seriously need something deserving the Retina display, to replace the Wrapsol (4G ultra) and Bodyguardz (3gs front, I made the cut out for the front camera before applying) I have tried.

Thanks.

If you want to keep the display as clear as possible, go with the Crystal - it will pick up fingerprints very easily but it will be crystal clear. The Anti-Glare will definitely make the display look a little grainy and not as clear but it is fingerprint-resistant (not fingerprint-proof though). I personally use the AG because I can't deal with the fingerprints.

verity

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
If you want to keep the display as clear as possible, go with the Crystal - it will pick up fingerprints very easily but it will be crystal clear.

Thank you. Personally, I would rather be wiping the fingerprints from a good screen than a bare glass - if that gets scratched while wiping on a random available cloth-y surface, I couldn't forgive myself :)

So I guess I need to take their "clear" option, which should mean PS "crystal"... I wish they just said it was crystal if it's crystal (or have pictures). I'm not complaining about their price, though. I've never used PS before, fingers crossed :)

Edit: never mind, they mention it's the crystal screens in their description.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
If you want to keep the display as clear as possible, go with the Crystal - it will pick up fingerprints very easily but it will be crystal clear. The Anti-Glare will definitely make the display look a little grainy and not as clear but it is fingerprint-resistant (not fingerprint-proof though). I personally use the AG because I can't deal with the fingerprints.

I don't mind the fingerprints, but after using the AG for the ipad for two months, it actually makes the picture not as crisp and I am planning on going back to crystal instead. I am not sure if people will eventually have the same sentiments about the iphone 4 screen due to its retina display, that for me, is to beautiful to cover up with AG screen protector.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Thank you. Personally, I would rather be wiping the fingerprints from a good screen than a bare glass - if that gets scratched while wiping on a random available cloth-y surface, I couldn't forgive myself :)

So I guess I need to take their "clear" option, which should mean PS "crystal"... I wish they just said it was crystal if it's crystal (or have pictures). I'm not complaining about their price, though. I've never used PS before, fingers crossed :)

Edit: never mind, they mention it's the crystal screens in their description.

Just make sure you make an offer of $13 - they'll accept it.

cvd

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
You know, I would pay $30 for a back piece for my phone made out of the PS anti-glare material. The texture just feels so good and the matte finish looks so nice. It's really a shame they don't make them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.