Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
+1

(November's my birthday :D)

----------

Its Apple's fault really though. They should give the iPhone 4S to Telecom as well, so there'll be more competition and choice. Because if there's two carriers who get it they'll both compete to be the first one to release it, so it'll get here quicker and for cheaper. But since Vodafone is the only one with it they're not gunna go to any trouble... As far as they're concerned, they're the only carrier so they think they can do whatever the f they want...

2 things vodafone and prices you see where I'm coming from vodafone is charging big amount .......although apple should look at telecom if they offer it on their national carriers they should do the same in other countries btw by birthday is in feb and my dad has promised me an iPhone 4s if i do good in my external exam and I'm a straight A's student so.....

----------

lets try to keep this thread going till :apple: launches the iPhone 4s here

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I'm very u-un-impressed by all this.

No only is there no 4S being released, but they really put the boot in by removing the 32/64 GB iPhone 4 models.

By the time the 4S arrives we will al be hanging out for the iPhone 5.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I'm very u-un-impressed by all this.

No only is there no 4S being released, but they really put the boot in by removing the 32/64 GB iPhone 4 models.

By the time the 4S arrives we will al be hanging out for the iPhone 5.

no not really if you think logically the iPhone 4s is probably released in next two months i.e. 2 months in the product cycle i for one would be purchasing the 4s my 3gs has been a good phone but it is starting to show its age

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Yeah, they've only got the 8GB version iPhone 4 selling in New Zealand at the moment. I'd buy the 4 over the 4S if they had at least a 16GB iPhone 4 selling here... Are they trying to lose money or something?

----------

2 things vodafone and prices you see where I'm coming from vodafone is charging big amount .......although apple should look at telecom if they offer it on their national carriers they should do the same in other countries btw by birthday is in feb and my dad has promised me an iPhone 4s if i do good in my external exam and I'm a straight A's student so.....

----------

lets try to keep this thread going till :apple: launches the iPhone 4s here

Wait, what year are you in at school?

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Yeah, they've only got the 8GB version iPhone 4 selling in New Zealand at the moment. I'd buy the 4 over the 4S if they had at least a 16GB iPhone 4 selling here... Are they trying to lose money or something?

----------

Wait, what year are you in at school?

yr 8 why?

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Yeah, its wandered onto general discussion about NZ carriers and Apple's presence in the country :p

So anyway, back on topic: Looks like we'll be getting the iPhone at the end of the year. Hoping the 16GB isn't going to be over 1grand at least...

Apple has announced an October 18th press conference for their earnings... maybe Apple will announce further release dates on other countries?

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Uh, how come your doing external exams in year 8? I can't recall doing anything of the sort :confused: Where I live we do external exams in year 11... And brainy people do them in year 10.

Are you like, freaklishly brainy or something? :p
lol we do cambridge i am in a private school thats why

----------

Apple has announced an October 18th press conference for their earnings... maybe Apple will announce further release dates on other countries?
this could very well be a possibility but lets keep this thread alive till they officially announce it good way to pass rumors or info u just learnt

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys, read this article: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/05/opinion-delayed-new-zealand-iphone-4s-launch-shows-the-perils-o/

It confirms Apple is ripping us off, that Vodafone is ripping us off and that we won't see the iPhone 4S until 'December at the earliest'.

I've read that article.

'December at the earliest' - He doesn't have inside knowledge, how would he know? He's only basing it off what Apple said which was "70 countries by the end of the year". That doesn't mean those 70 countries will get it at the end of the year which is December. Some of those will get it 1st of week of November, 2nd, and so on... Or at least I hope.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I've read that article.

'December at the earliest' - He doesn't have inside knowledge, how would he know? He's only basing it off what Apple said which was "70 countries by the end of the year". That doesn't mean those 70 countries will get it at the end of the year which is December. Some of those will get it 1st of week of November, 2nd, and so on... Or at least I hope.

this is how it is probably gonna work out it says by the end of this year not not the end of this year

----------

your theory bout the quarter earnings and it getting announced is likely as well

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
I've thought up a second reason why Telecom and 2Degrees don't have the iPhone. I've heard that Apple pressures carriers into giving them tons of money just so they can have the iPhone. It may not be worth it for Telecom and 2Degrees to pay their own 'Apple tax' so that they can have the iPhone... Or maybe (especially 2Degrees) can't afford it?

Just an idea.

logical and i also believe that nz release date could be announced on quarter 3 thing

Rmoss

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Who wants one?

Hey guys, im going to Australia mid November for a week.

Im buying an iphone 4S probably the 16gb. Might check out duty free and see what they can offer but if anyone wants one sooner rather than later, hit me up on 0220227679 and i will see what i can do.

Im really being legit about this, like draw up a contract or something to make sure i dont take ya cash and run. People in Auckland only though, as i live in akl.

If anyone knows why this idea wouldn't work please tell me as well???

Thanks
Rory

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Im buying an iphone 4S probably the 16gb. Might check out duty free and see what they can offer but if anyone wants one sooner rather than later, hit me up on 0220227679 and i will see what i can do.

Im really being legit about this, like draw up a contract or something to make sure i dont take ya cash and run. People in Auckland only though, as i live in akl.

Thanks
Rory

Hey, sounds like a good idea. But often, especially with recent releases they limit the amount of iPhones one guy can buy to 2, to prevent scalping. Ask MacBook Pro i5 if he wants one though, because he lives in Auckland, has the money (I think) and you can get 1 extra iPhone if there's a limit.

Good luck!

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Hey, sounds like a good idea. But often, especially with recent releases they limit the amount of iPhones one guy can buy to 2, to prevent scalping. Ask MacBook Pro i5 if he wants one though, because he lives in Auckland, has the money (I think) and you can get 1 extra iPhone if there's a limit.

Good luck!

well i would be very interested but my dad said on my birthday so that means on my birth day no "but i can get early" deals

----------

Thanks
Rory
Hi mate would love to but my dad says on my birthday ill get so that means on my birth day i suppose:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

----------

Thanks
Rory
Hi mate would love to but my dad says on my birthday ill get so that means on my birth day i suppose:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

----------

in one of the comments it says vodafone is finally geting hdpa+ or something like that maybe vodafail is not that much of a fail anymore......

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand

Thanks
Rory

Hi Rory, I'm keen for the idea if by mid-November new zealand still doesn't offer the iPhone 4S.

Woops, just read Auckland only.

----------

this is how it is probably gonna work out it says by the end of this year not not the end of this year

----------

your theory bout the quarter earnings and it getting announced is likely as well

Let's hope so :cool:

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
i iphone 4s was on trade i purchased it
in my dreams.Hey we can all dream can't we.....:p

okay then :D

Just a side note, there seems to be a few iPhone 4S on TradeMe. I wouldn't trust any of them though. There's this guy selling THREE iPhone 4S. His account says he's in Aussie, but he says the iPhones are in NZ when he said he only bought it today! LMAO. Also 3 iPhones? There's a 2 purchase limit. I feel sorry for the impatient people who gets ripped off in the coming days, it's a perfect opportunity for scammers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.