Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I laugh at this accusation, I've spent a great deal of my time in the Macbook and OS X forums since, guess what, I've been an OS X user for over 10 years.

An assumption like that says to me you didnt put much thought into your post.

I'm not gonna stalk your forum history. It seems like a lot of other forum members agree with me though. If you're happy with your droid, that's great, but nobody here cares.

SeeHole

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
Los Angeles
You wouldnt get far in that discussion seeing how you and others would be of the same opinion. You'd need an outsider to tell you where the criticisms and improvements should be made. It seems like you have a serious problem with people that prefer to use Android. I suggest you rationalize that a bit.

Why are you even here? :rolleyes:
This should be you...
IMG_5121_zps2d03c283.gif

And BTW, wouldnt is spelled wouldn't.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Calm down, don't get too excited. Nobody implied that if Apple were to allow some customization it would break your phone and the experience with it. Why are you so quick to assume that 'oh no, apple gives me customization, the world is going to end!!'

You should think more openly about the benefits of having choice.

Like I said in my initial post though, the benchmarks mean squat, both for android phones and iphone.

Ok, here have this one to feed on. I used an S3 for 2 weeks before I returned it. I didn't like how android worked. Sure I didn't like how bulky the S3 was but my main issue was android. It was annoying to use and I didn't care to customise it.

I find it so funny that when Apple does something better, in this case a hell of a lot better, that android users go into an epilepsy. You remind me of a little kid who just had his pokemon game wiped.

Dainin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Calm down, don't get too excited. Nobody implied that if Apple were to allow some customization it would break your phone and the experience with it. Why are you so quick to assume that 'oh no, apple gives me customization, the world is going to end!!'

You root to customize any way you like, I jailbreak. The customization argument is pointless. Either you like the OS and the ecosystem or you don't.

Last edited:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I can’t accept Android because I like choice. The choice of truly high-quality (not “meets a checklist on paper") apps on Android is severely limited compared to the freedom of choice I have in iOS apps. And what is a touchscreen device but its apps and how well they work?

I also like the choice to update my OS, promptly and to the latest version, and not be left in the cold before my 2-year contract is even up.

Android is about choice... but for carriers more so than for users! Apple makes their money by creating a great user experience, and giving developers a platform to do the same. Google makes money by selling our “anonymized” info to advertisers, and Google’s handset partners make money by doing the minimum innovation and churning out tons of devices, which then are left to be obsolete, running old software, so you can go buy the latest fashion craze. (Since, as well all know, what matters is that every past case design be scrapped, and every new case design be totally different—not what the thing inside the shell actually does.)

Last edited by a moderator:

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Ok, here have this one to feed on. I used an S3 for 2 weeks before I returned it. I didn't like how android worked. Sure I didn't like how bulky the S3 was but my main issue was android. It was annoying to use and I didn't care to customise it.

I find it so funny that when Apple does something better, in this case a hell of a lot better, that android users go into an epilepsy. You remind me of a little kid who just had his pokemon game wiped.

Theres more than one android phone on the market. I dont see the need to constantly bring up samsung phones. I cant stand them equally, and ive bitched about their size far more than any of you android 'haters' because it drives insane having to stick a fat brick into my pocket. I've given the iPhone praise where its been due but i EQUALLY and far more often give it due criticism because it DESERVES it, not because I want to annoy any of (I really dont give a damn about that) its because I want to see the iOS system IMPROVED to push innovation forward and *maybe* have me jump ship one day because, check this out: i like the phone itself!.... i dont like iOS limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

There are books and research papers showing the the benefits of choice are very often vastly overrated. And even where there are benefits, most consumers are far worse at choosing than they think. 90%+ of the population are fashion followers.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Isn't this against the US constitution regarding 'cruel and unusual punishment' for Apple haters?

Big hug for the (((fandroids))) and their oversized plastic phones.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006

And what did you use before?
If you say iPhone then you never got over the learning curve and adjusted to a different way of doing things.

Apple has not changed how much on how iOS works since day 1.
Android does stuff differently than iOS and as such has a learning curve. I for example hate how iOS does a lot of stuff and its completely lack of customization. In terms of that world I started in iOS with an iPod touch. First smart phone was a blackberry and then an Android phone. The lack of customization turned me off to iOS completely.
Now I am under no illusion that how my phone is set up is better for most people. It is better for me but for most people I would say it is an information over load set up and very customized to HOW I like it. To an iOS user most of them seem to hate it because OMG it has tons of information on the home screens.

But Android also takes time to get use to because it is very different than what you are use to. Going from Android to iOS is quite frankly simpler because of the complete lack of ability to customize iOS.

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
So, you'd rather turn a blind eye at the fact that Apple purposely limits even the slightest bit of customization? Do you oppose CHOICE?

What the heck are you talking about?

'Slightest bit of customization' -> I can change my home screen wall paper. QED ;)

I know what you are referring to ( Android like replacement of system components like keyboards etc. ). You are not going to get it and iPhone is not for you. Don't harp on it.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
FYI, my iOS devices running iOS 6 GM:

iPhone 4: 3095.6 ms
iPhone 4S: 1753.7 ms
3rd generation iPad: 1434.7 ms

And for fun, my 2011 MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion at Safari: 274.5 ms

Last edited:

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Theres more than one android phone on the market. I dont see the need to constantly bring up samsung phones. I cant stand them equally, and ive bitched about their size far more than any of you android 'haters' because it drives insane having to stick a fat brick into my pocket. I've given the iPhone praise where its been due but i EQUALLY and far more often give it due criticism because it DESERVES it, not because I want to annoy any of (I really dont give a damn about that) its because I want to see the iOS system IMPROVED to push innovation forward and *maybe* have me jump ship one day because, check this out: i like the phone itself!.... i dont like iOS limitations.

Christ, the apple cult here is impossible to reason with.

If you want a good looking phone so badly that runs your OS of choice. You cannot force Apple to do that. That is like asking someone to sell their house so you can buy it. If you really want a good looking phone with android on it, you will have to design it yourself or trust that in the future the non Apple phone companies will release something that is actually nice to look at.

EeZeEpEe

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Tampa, FL

Christ, the apple cult here is impossible to reason with.

Dude there's no reasoning with them. I'm in the same boat. I think iPhones are great hardware wise (Although I do prefer MicroSD and swappable battery) but I stopped liking iOS ever since I switched to Android a little over 2 years ago. I even go as far to say that Android is more like Mac OS X than iOS.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I can’t accept Android because I like choice. The choice of truly high-quality (not “meets a checklist on paper") apps on Android is severely limited compared to the freedom of choice I have in iOS apps. And what is a touchscreen device but its apps and how well they work?

I also like the choice to update my OS, promptly and to the latest version, and not be left in the cold before my 2-year contract is even up.

Android is about choice... but for carriers more so than for users! Apple makes their money by creating a great user experience, and giving developers a platform to do the same. Google makes money by selling our “anonymized” info to advertisers, and Google’s handset partners make money by doing the minimum innovation and churning out tons of devices, which then are left to be obsolete, running old software, so you can go buy the latest fashion craze. (Since, as well all know, what matters is that every past case design be scrapped, and every new case design be totally different—not what the thing inside the shell actually does.)

Just going to point out people scream about OS updates on Android but I might like to point out core features do not require an OS update and Android does not have BS software blocks on its updates (siri, GPS navigation ect)

Update the Map app on Android does not require an OS update, Updating the browser again the same. OS updates on Android are for the most part under the hood stuff. iOS well it is to update user features and some of the core apps. It makes it a little more critical.

For example for Apple to update and add public transite to iOS it will take a OS update. Android all they did was up date Maps and pushed it out threw the market it. Hell the navigation app has gotten a few updates over the pass year adding in new features and updating it. Something that would take an OS update for iOS.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
And what did you use before?
If you say iPhone then you never got over the learning curve and adjusted to a different way of doing things.

Apple has not changed how much on how iOS works since day 1.
Android does stuff differently than iOS and as such has a learning curve. I for example hate how iOS does a lot of stuff and its completely lack of customization. In terms of that world I started in iOS with an iPod touch. First smart phone was a blackberry and then an Android phone. The lack of customization turned me off to iOS completely.
Now I am under no illusion that how my phone is set up is better for most people. It is better for me but for most people I would say it is an information over load set up and very customized to HOW I like it. To an iOS user most of them seem to hate it because OMG it has tons of information on the home screens.

But Android also takes time to get use to because it is very different than what you are use to. Going from Android to iOS is quite frankly simpler because of the complete lack of ability to customize iOS.

nokia 6300 actually hahaha. Still using it until I get the 5

MarcinS

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
How much of this is a result of the improved browser in iOS6? Engadget shows an iPhone 4s with a significantly higher score:
"1,748ms, versus 2,266 on iOS 5"

Yep, I got 1,772ms in Safari on iOS6 on the 4S - but more interestingly in Chrome, which uses a UIWebView which doesn't have access to the JIT compiler, the result is 6,789ms - which would place it almost at the bottom of the list.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Dude there's no reasoning with them. I'm in the same boat. I think iPhones are great hardware wise (Although I do prefer MicroSD and swappable battery) but I stopped liking iOS ever since I switched to Android a little over 2 years ago. I even go as far to say that Android is more like Mac OS X than iOS.

and why does iOS need to be like OS X? If it were then the PC crowd would be all cry troll cry that Apple is overselling its software.

gg47

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
So, you'd rather turn a blind eye at the fact that Apple purposely limits even the slightest bit of customization? Do you oppose CHOICE?
So, you would rather turn a blind eye to the fact that legislators purposely limit even the slightest bit of customisation to the road rules. You must oppose choice.
What a useless attempted argument. What a company, organisation does with its product or service is its own business. We choose whether it suits us or not. Seems to me though despite many with an opinion like yourself that Apple is doing pretty well with its products and services. Get over it already!.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
nokia 6300 actually hahaha. Still using it until I get the 5

then what experience did you have with iOS before hand? your post just smell of tainting and now wanting to learn something new.

It just is covered with a close minded look when you got the phone expecting it to be like iOS but it is not like OS android is different.

ilmman

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
I bet you a few Android lovers saw the the score and thought that iPhone 5 was the lowest score before reading the article and was like OH YERRRR SUCK ON THAT APPLE!! haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.