Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackbookGuy

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Preparing to ship

I slept through my alarm didn't order mine until about two hours after it opened, but I just got a notification of preparing to ship.

Does it normally ship the same day it says preparing? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Subrock

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
I slept through my alarm didn't order mine until about two hours after it opened, but I just got a notification of preparing to ship.

Does it normally ship the same day it says preparing? Does anyone have any experience with this?

From others I've heard that it will switch to shipped within a few hours.

heyyoudvd

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
Weird, my 32GB Space Gray order from Apple just changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing to Ship", but at the same time, the delivery date was delayed by a week, from "4 Oct - 9 Oct" to "10 Oct - 16 Oct". How is that possible?

Also, today's only the 27th. That means that the delivery is expected to take 13-19 days (9-13 business days). That seems like an awfully long time for a shipment. Is it being delivered by horse and carriage?

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Weird, my 32GB Space Gray order from Apple just changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing to Ship", but at the same time, the delivery date was delayed by a week, from "4 Oct - 9 Oct" to "10 Oct - 16 Oct". How is that possible?

Now I don't feel so bad. My expected date changed 2X after order, but I've been in Oct 10-16 for 4-5 days now so my expectations have settled down a bit.

At least we're finally out of "processing", right? :D

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
any stock upgrades on calgary apple store? Cant phone them

I assume you meant "updates"?

Another forum member has been reporting very low to non-existent 5s stock all week at both Chinook and Market Mall.

Why can't you phone them?

gill911

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
I assume you meant "updates"?

Another forum member has been reporting very low to non-existent 5s stock all week at both Chinook and Market Mall.

Why can't you phone them?

no phone also no service no landline

heyyoudvd

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
Now I don't feel so bad. My expected date changed 2X after order, but I've been in Oct 10-16 for 4-5 days now so my expectations have settled down a bit.

At least we're finally out of "processing", right? :D

I just got the email telling me it has shipped, with an expected delivery date of October 3rd! Awesome.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I just got the email telling me it has shipped, with an expected delivery date of October 3rd! Awesome.

Same here, except for Oct. 2 (although I won't be home till the weekend). Crazy to think it's in China now, straight from a warehouse.

Subrock

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2013
Shipped and Oct 3rd here, where as my coworker got a Oct 1st date. Hopefully I get surprised with an early delivery because those two days are going to eat me up!

MacAlpha

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Great White North
Finally switched over to preparing for shipment. 64GB space grey. Delivery date hasn't changed though. Still Oct 10-16. Oh well, hopefully it arrives early!

Just got the shipped email. The arrival date is October 3rd for Apple and October 2nd through the UPS tracking link. Looks like it will arrive early. Looks like there is hope for those of us that got our orders in right at 12:00am PDT!

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Mine automatically got shipped by Express. I guess people don't need to call Apple every year to upgrade the shipping.
32GB space grey order confirmed at 12:00 PDT. UPS delivery estimate Oct 2nd. Toronto. Initial Apple estimate was Oct 10-16

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Shipped! 64 GB Grey to Calgary. No ETA on Apple site, but UPS says 12 noon Wednesday the October 2. Far cry from Oct 10-16 I was told. No complaints here. :)

P.s. Apple Notification did say Oct 3 as well, consistent with many others who just got the same news.

Last edited:

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Got a email from Telus that my 5S silver 16GB has shipped. Sent it Canada Post so it won't be here until Monday. Wish they used Purolator like usual.

Monday! That good time considering it's the weekend. Purilator wouldn't b any faster. At least can post u can pick up locally where as purolator, if u miss droppoff then u have to wait another day

----------

My 16gb gold, ordered at 3:10 am still says processing.

Apple upgraded to expedited shipping, but still says oct 8-11 delivery :(

10min late, you might as well ordered the next morning!

dude245

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Just FYI, 00:04 conformation email, 32gb space grey, shipped last night at 1 am, it's getting here Oct. 1 :)

needsmoar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Canada
Monday! That good time considering it's the weekend. Purilator wouldn't b any faster. At least can post u can pick up locally where as purolator, if u miss droppoff then u have to wait another day

It shipped on the 26th, they just gave me the tracking notification on the 27th.

Purolator is typically next day regional here, its basically coming from Mississauga to Ottawa area. Sadly Canada Xpresspost is taking the full 3 business days to arrive. They fail to meet their own cut off time for loading on trucks at sorting all the time.

Also Purolator is 2 minutes away down the street and is way easier to get a package if I miss it because I'm at work. I can only hope the CP delivery guy comes before 8:30AM or is nice enough to bring it to my work since they know where I work (benefits of living in a small area) otherwise I have to wait for it to go to a grocery store and get it after 6pm.

With all that said at least its coming :)

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Patience grasshoppa. The worst is behind you. It will be in Anchorage Alaska and Louisville Kentucky before you know it.

Nah, no impatience here. Already have this sucka. :)

9951347125_46ef1056eb_b.jpg

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
It shipped on the 26th, they just gave me the tracking notification on the 27th.

Purolator is typically next day regional here, its basically coming from Mississauga to Ottawa area. Sadly Canada Xpresspost is taking the full 3 business days to arrive. They fail to meet their own cut off time for loading on trucks at sorting all the time.

Also Purolator is 2 minutes away down the street and is way easier to get a package if I miss it because I'm at work. I can only hope the CP delivery guy comes before 8:30AM or is nice enough to bring it to my work since they know where I work (benefits of living in a small area) otherwise I have to wait for it to go to a grocery store and get it after 6pm.

With all that said at least its coming :)

Well all 3 tracking # I have are coming from china. No next day there

----------

It's been sitting in shenzhen for a while now.

Ups don't pick up on weekends

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Anyone else see a current update like this?

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

All the previous tracking info and estimates are gone now. Still hoping Oct 2 by noon is doable.

Edit: Nevermind, it's back to normal. Nothing to see here. ;)

Last edited:

jsh

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Anyone else see a current update like this?

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

All the previous tracking info and estimates are gone now. Still hoping Oct 2 by noon is doable.
Same... Never seen this happen before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.