Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Its sad to see so many posts on this forum like, "here's why i chose the 6 over the plus!"

Actually, its hilarious. So many grown adults trying to justify why, for whatever reason, they couldn't get the 6 plus.

Obviously its a better phone than the regular 6. You think there was an actual small supply of 6+'s? Apple purposefully bottlenecked/delayed the 6+'s because they knew everyone was clamoring for them.

So they made the 4.7's readily available for the impatient people.

C'mon guys be real with yourselves. :rolleyes:

wrong wording here. I'm sure its not a matter of price, it's only a $100 difference

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
If you are smart enough to cite cognitive dissonance (though, this is really more about rationalization than dissonance), you are probably smart enough to recognize that there are other reasons. I'm a 48 year old university administrator. I don't wear skinny jeans and I have enough cash to get whichever one I wanted. The one I wanted was the 6. :) The one that people who ordered the 6+ wanted was the 6+. It's all good.

OMG. Another guy taking internet boards too seriously. It was a flippant comment made without hours of forethought. I, too, am 44-year-old public administrator with a master's degree, but I didn't realize that I had to give a brief bio or have my comments vetted before hitting submit.

This board hasn't become too uptight since 2007.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I am going for the 6 plus...

That said, I disagree wholeheartedly that it is strictly better. performance, for all intents and purposes, will likely be the same. Battery life on the plus is reportedly better as is the camera due to OIS.

The 6 is more pocketable, friendlier for small hands, and is thinner and lighter.

Depending on what you are looking for in a phone, one can easily argue that one is better than the other. The kicker is, there is no point to any of these arguments since we all have freedom of choice.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Its sad to see so many posts on this forum like, "here's why i chose the 6 over the plus!"

Actually, its hilarious. So many grown adults trying to justify why, for whatever reason, they couldn't get the 6 plus.

Obviously its a better phone than the regular 6. You think there was an actual small supply of 6+'s? Apple purposefully bottlenecked/delayed the 6+'s because they knew everyone was clamoring for them.

Both are great sizes.

I'm a minimalist as in I don't like a ton of devices so I got the 6+. Having just had a OnePlus One, which is 5.5. I was able to comfortable read books, watch movies and basically fill the gap for an iPad/iPad mini.

Just depends what you want. Can't go wrong either way.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Wont be saying that when 6+ is struggling due to its 1GB RAM being eaten by the 401 PPI display. Have fun =)

Can you link to where Apple have published what the amount of RAM installed is in the 6 or 6+?

Or are you just making it up without any actual knowledge?

MPN14

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
People are excited about what they have chosen to buy, and aren't exactly interested in a bunch of anonymous highly negative criticism of something they're excited about.

How about we just let everyone be happy for what they're getting, and let them express why it excites them.

Here here

MPN14

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
I think they will be as good as each other in the real world and apple aimed to sell 2 sizes to give people more choice. Let's all just enjoy whatever we ordered and accept everyone wants different things in life for different reasons.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010

I believe your perspective is slightly warped. A phone is "better" for someone only if it fits his/her needs. I hope you enjoy whatever phone you get and it fits YOUR needs.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
It will be better in benchtests but not in the real world sadly. The 5S is much more powerful than the i5, but in web browsing and general usage they are identical. The processor difference between the i6 and the 5S is MUCH less than the processor difference between the 5S and the i5, and yet the i5 performs no differently. So I stand by my previous comments. The i6 gets a bigger screen and a slightly improved battery life, but unless you need the screen real estate the upgrade is non-existant in real world use.

Read post number 50 in that thread which I fully agree with and is more my focus than any benchtest.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Read post number 50 in that thread which I fully agree with and is more my focus than any benchtest.

It won't be ANY faster than the powerhouse 5S in real world usage, and it will have slightly better battery life. Perhaps an hour longer per charge. Sure extended battery life isn't to be sniffed at but it's a huge outlay just to upgrade for the battery life increase. The 5S has a MUCH faster processor than the i5 and yet it provides no difference in performance when opening apps, flipping through the menus, web browsing and using apps. It benchmarks better and that's about it. Now the i6 has nowhere near the processor gains over the 5S that the 5S has over the i5, so it figures that it will make positively zero difference to usability. A 5S owner will notice only the screen size and the form factor differences, plus a slight battery life boost.

I don't own a 5S by the way, so this isn't some personal crusade to justify my own phone. I'll be getting a 6+ if the RAM is confirmed at 2GB, or a Note 4. I am under no illusions whatsoever that the 6+ will be any faster in use than the 5S.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
It won't be ANY faster than the powerhouse 5S in real world usage, and it will have slightly better battery life. Perhaps an hour longer per charge. Sure extended battery life isn't to be sniffed at but it's a huge outlay just to upgrade for the battery life increase. The 5S has a MUCH faster processor than the i5 and yet it provides no difference in performance when opening apps, flipping through the menus, web browsing and using apps. It benchmarks better and that's about it. Now the i6 has nowhere near the processor gains over the 5S that the 5S has over the i5, so it figures that it will make positively zero difference to usability. A 5S owner will notice only the screen size and the form factor differences, plus a slight battery life boost.

I don't own a 5S by the way, so this isn't some personal crusade to justify my own phone. I'll be getting a 6+ if the RAM is confirmed at 2GB, or a Note 4. I am under no illusions whatsoever that the 6+ will be any faster in use than the 5S.

Yeah, and then you upgrade to iOS 8.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
Of course the iPhone 6 Plus is better technically but it doesn't mean it is better suited. What suited me was the smaller phone - I could have bought any of the models.

This, seriously just grow up and move on....my cousin wants an iPhone 6, good for her, she likes to enjoy the latest iPhone but in a form best suited for her...I like to browse alot to-from office so for me the larger screen would be better suited. I could care less about the IOS camera.

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
No wonder android fans hate us lol i got the 6 because its better than my 5 and my five is just fine. I dont need such a big screen.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
wrong wording here. I'm sure its not a matter of price, it's only a $100 difference

And after speeding a few $100 already, what's another $100? :D

I think it's well worth the price, but is just don't see a need for a 5'5' screen when I use an iPad for all my heavy web surfing, reading, and email.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
I don't care if it's 10% or 1000% better. I can't deal with the 6+'s size.

Bingo. If Apple makes the next version of the PLUS any better than the 2% it is now over the 6, I'll look elsewhere for a phone. That will be the move that sets the iPhone back. There are just as many people who don't want a huge ass phone, as there are people who want one.

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012

You sound just like all the people bashing apple and saying android is so much better.

I'm kind of getting sick of people telling me my choice is wrong for one reason or another.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
After spending almost a year looking like a tool carrying a gargantuan phone (Note 3) I'm ready for a pocketable device that is also easy to whip off a picture or video one handed.

Besides, once the iWatch is released, as I learned from my own very inferior Gear, you'll seldom have the phone out again. It will stay in your pocket.

The future 3 years ago was larger screens. Apple is way, way late to the game. You 6+ peeps are now playing desperate catch up just as large screens become obsolete in favor of the new rage....wearables.

2010 just pwned you OP.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
I already ordered the 6 Plus but I must admit I am very curious to see how much of a difference the Optical Image Stabilization makes compared to the Digital Image Stabilization in the 4.7" iPhone 6. I have OIS in my DSLR and it does work well there but I am obviously curious about on the phones.

Personally I went with the plus because I wanted a large screen. Simple as that.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
After spending almost a year looking like a tool carrying a gargantuan phone (Note 3) I'm ready for a pocketable device that is also easy to whip off a picture or video one handed.

Besides, once the iWatch is released, as I learned from my own very inferior Gear, you'll seldom have the phone out again. It will stay in your pocket.

The future 3 years ago was larger screens. Apple is way, way late to the game. You 6+ peeps are now playing desperate catch up just as large screens become obsolete in favor of the new rage....wearables.

2010 just pwned you OP.

I'm curious. What media will I be able to view and how will I manage web browsing on a watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.