iPhone 6 Plus Reportedly Accounting for 60% of Total iPhone 6 Device Shipments

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 3, 2014.

1. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

Naturally theyre going to say, that until Apple makes it ofcourse.

2. Trapezoid macrumors 65816

Trapezoid

Who's they? Any examples? Here I'll answer for you: No Trapezoid, I have no examples.

3. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I said it was too big and I don't want it, an important difference. (And I still don't want it).

4. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I always wanted a larger screen, having seen my brother toying around with his Samsung Galaxy for years. I got weary of Apples philosophy for smaller screens and have nearly given in to switching to a Android handset numerous occasions. However the wait paid off upon getting my iPhone 6 plus I was actually surprised that the iPhone 6 plus is not as big as some people claim It is a comfortable size and fits snugly in my jeans pocket, with a screen that dwarfs the iPhones of old.

5. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Why would anyone want a phone that big? I'd have to carry that thing in a man-bag wherever I go! No thanks, I bought a 6 non-plus. :)

6. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

But nothing would stop you turning the www upside down if your $750 worth device did bend by a normal usage. Basically the internet would be flooded with them (and I don't mean the ones from the stupid bloger's test's)

7. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

sorry, weeding out sarcasim on the web has never been my str suit.#

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

completely shocked by this. I thought the 6 would outsell the 6+ at least 3 to 1.

Granted all of the ones I have seen in the wild are 6+

9. Trapezoid macrumors 65816

Trapezoid

If you think thousands of customers are returning bent iPhone's and apple is able to keep that under wraps, you're the naive one.

10. wyarp macrumors regular

Not really, the 6 plus is wayyyy too big for most people I know in regards a phone. It's unsurprising though as as is always the case, the 'newest' version of any Apple tech will always have the highest adoption rates by the tech 'must have' devotees. The 6 is more just evolution and so will at first not have quite the same clamour, but in the long run the 6 will far outsell the plus, no question about that.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I want ALL those that said the 5.5" iPhone isn't happening to come in here and eat some crow!! Now that headline can be misleading..... Does that mean 60% of 6 sales are the plus or at this time, 60% of the phones being shipped are 6plus...... big difference between the 2.

----------

No, they said it would never be made and also others said it was too big (before it was made).

12. brendu macrumors 68020

My guess is that ios9 will be all about taking advantage of the bigger screens with improvements all around iOS.

13. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

I didn't say they should search for the weak spot or apply different tests to the iPhone. I said the didn't apply pressure to the weak spot that is discussed in the link I provided. Pressure will not always be distributed like it is in the consumer reports or Apple testing. If a table has one weak leg and I kick the other three the table may or might not fall. If I kick the leg that is weak most likely the table will collapse.

14. brucebrendon macrumors regular

do any of the iPads bend? I might get some bigger pockets

15. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

The way I understood it was that 60% of the devices being shipped right now are 6 Pluses. That'd make sense since their initial supply of them was so low. Overall I'd imagine the 6 has vastly outsold the 6 plus.

16. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Obviously it would never, ever, absolutely never happen that someone puts a phone into their back pocket, sits on it and bends it, and then puts it into their front pocket and swears that it was bent just by itself in their front pocket.

17. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Not that hard because the 5s is tiny.

18. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

They must be bent if you want to fit them into your front pocket :p
    Please don't do it!

19. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Based off my eyes from what I acctully see I would say 100% is iPhone 6 ;)

20. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

I've slept on my 6 Plus, and it's still straight as a arrow. I have zero fears of it bending, especially not in my pockets. It seems the people who talk most about it bending have never held the device. It's solid. Sure, you could bend it if you tried, but then you're just an idiot. It's nothing but sensationalism.

21. thefilmexciter macrumors newbie

I for one prefer my current 5S. The 6 and 6+ are just too large for me. I know we're in the minority (apparently), but we do exist.

22. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

i'm not a fan of the 6+

i don't understand how people can enjoy using it. i have huge hands and i can kinda use it one handed. i like how big the screen is and it looks great. despite that it just feels really strange. it doesn't feel like a phone somehow. maybe if i spent some time using it then i'd get used to it but right now i'm not willing to give it a go.

the 6 feels perfect.

but hey that's just my opinion and obviously a lot of people don't agree with me if it's selling well. that's good for apple and if you're enjoying your 6+ then keep on enjoying it :)

23. wizard macrumors 68040

At least you will have some satisfaction a year from now when these pluses get dumped on the used market because people realize that the phone is too damn big to carry around daily. I'm expecting low resale value for that very reason.

24. Pewpewpew macrumors member

Not surprised, after two weeks of using 6 plus it just feels like a normal size now. Much better experience than smaller device.

25. wyarp macrumors regular

Agreed, BUT, simply making things bigger is not the evolution of technology (if that's what you are getting at here). The iPad mini launched a new market for the iPad, and seems to be more popular than the air... yet it's smaller. Go figure! It's fashion and fads more than evolution of tech. Remembers 10-15 years ago when the trend was for every smaller phones, some of the most expensive being absolutely tiny! Personally, I find the iPhone 5/5s the perfect size and whilst I will likely upgrade to the 6, of the many friends I know owning them, I still find them just a touch large for my liking. The 6 plus is certainly way to big for comfortable phone use for a MAJORITY of people. The fad will pass. Then again, if I want a tablet/phablet I have an iPad. My phone is primarily for 4 things these days - phone calls, texts, taking pics, facebook.