Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Htc one is Thicker and shorter. 9.3mm vs 7.1z it's common sense.

the screen popped out instantly on the M8, and he didnt even do it for as long as he was trying on the 4.7 in iPhone 6, what ********, the M8 scren would of broke easily and popped open had he kept going

booksbooks

Suspended
Aug 28, 2013
Only idiots wouldn't protect their expensive phone. What happened to common sense? Nobody should put a big phablet in small pockets and then try to put pressure on it. Aluminium bends. That is the law of physics.

The whole story is a big farce. I am sure that the iPhone 6+ won't bend under normal usage.
Only sick people will try to harm their phones. Only idiots will believe these stories (or Apple haters).
If you don't understand or want to accept that aluminium phones are less pressure resistant, then get one of the available Android and Windows phones. It's as simple as that.

Only idiots would design a phone that you couldn't put in your pocket.

slider66

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Iphone 6 Bending

It really makes me laugh that there are people who would buy an expensive phone and not do anything to protect it like putting on a good case. People bash the new phone. I have really used mine. put it in my pocket. sat on it, taken it to the beach, left it in the sun. What happened to it? Nothing. Why? Because I put a case on it and it is fine. It will continue to be fine.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
It really makes me laugh that there are people who would buy an expensive phone and not do anything to protect it like putting on a good case. People bash the new phone. I have really used mine. put it in my pocket. sat on it, taken it to the beach, left it in the sun. What happened to it? Nothing. Why? Because I put a case on it and it is fine. It will continue to be fine.

Steve jobs famously hated cases.

You shouldn't need a case for basic functions and carrying of a phone.

The more you know.

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Only idiots would design a phone that you couldn't put in your pocket.

And only a fool would believe that this is just like every other phone, and should be treated as such, regardless of its dimensions and build.

You can put it in your pocket though. For your information.

It is a small tablet, that can make calls, and is designed for those who appreciate larger screens and ingest an above average amount of multimedia content. It's not just 'a phone'.

You don't want to be careful with a 950 dollar investment? Don't invest in an above average screen size super thin phablet. Buy a ****** phone. End of story.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
And only a fool would believe that this is just like every other phone, and should be treated as such, regardless of its dimensions and build.

You can put it in your pocket though. For your information.

It is a small tablet, that can make calls, and is designed for those who appreciate larger screens and ingest an above average amount of multimedia content. It's not just 'a phone'.

You don't want to be careful with a 950 dollar investment? Don't invest in an above average screen size super thin phablet. But a ****** phone.

iPhone 6 Plus!
iPhone 6
iPhone
>>>>Phone<<<<

other phones of this size or more (note 3 as one example, lumias phablet being another) don't bend from being pocketed.

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Yep, just like antennagate. Nobody had issues with that, either, right? Of course Apple aren't going to admit to a major issue until they're absolutely forced to!

Not to say there IS a major issue, but let's not go with what Apple tells us, right? :)

I never had issues with the iPhone 4 cos I don't go around holding my phone like a ****....

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
iPhone 6 Plus!
iPhone 6
iPhone
>>>>Phone<<<<

other phones of this size or more (note 3 as one example, lumias phablet being another) don't bend from being pocketed.

And neither do these. Or at least less than a tenth of a percent of them do.

Sorry, you speak symantics. I use logical thought and my own brain to see quite clearly it is not a typical phone.

And because I have free will and a working brain I can 'see' with my own eyes that this device is not to be treated casually. It's not priced casually, specced casually, and it does not appear as a casual device. It is, like any other expensive piece of technology, sophisticated. Therefor treat it as such or go buy some other junk.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
And neither do these. Or at least less than a tenth of a percent of them do.

Sorry, you speak symantics. I use logical thought and my own brain to see quite clearly it is not a typical phone.

And because I have free will and a working brain I can 'see' with my own eyes that this device is not to be treated casually. It's not priced casually, specced casually, and it does not appear as a casual device. It is, like any other expensive piece of technology, sophisticated. Therefor treat it as such or go buy some other junk.

You are such an elitist that guy earlier called it right. I thought this was a joke but now I realize you're actually serious. You think the iPhone is some kind of masterful piece of art.

It's consumer technology get over yourself.

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
You are such an elitist that guy earlier called it right. I thought this was a joke but now I realize you're actually serious. You think the iPhone is some kind of masterful piece of art.

It's consumer technology get over yourself.

Nice attack. I would be angry too if I didn't have common sense and deflected the focus because I couldn't admit that there's nothing wrong with the phones that isn't painfully obvious to anyone paying even the slightest amount of attention. It's completely avoidable, completely within reasonable, and completely acceptable to live with. I'm an elitist because I don't expect phones to function how I think they should? As if I had no other choice and was being forced to buy it?

Sounds to me like you're the elitist, with entitlement issues. Go buy your note and have a nice day. Still not an apple ;) and youre just mad because everyone knows it. Even you.

tenderidol

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2009
What a mess!

In our family of 4, we own Macs, PCs, iPads, Android phones and tablets and iPhones. We have no blind loyalty towards any brand. If the device fits the criteria that any one of us is looking for, than it's purchased regardless of which logo is on it.

I switched to 5S and iPad Air from an Android phone and tablet combo due to the pocketable size of 5S. Therefore, I don't plan on switching to anything else, because anything bigger would not be comfortable for "me" (if you put a phablet in your front pocket and you're happy, it's nobody's business). It's amazing to see the blind replies from some of the Apple apologists (e.g., get a case, don't put it in your pocket, don't sit, etc). If 5S did the same (I'm sure there are some extreme cases showing the same for 5S, but that's different than "normal" use), I would have returned it instantly.

Good luck to 6 and 6+ owners!

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
Nice attack. I would be angry too if I didn't have common sense and deflected the focus because I couldn't admit that there's nothing wrong with the phones that isn't painfully obvious to anyone paying even the slightest amount of attention. It's completely avoidable, completely within reasonable, and completely acceptable to live with. I'm an elitist because I don't expect phones to function how I think they should? As if I had no other choice and was being forced to buy it?

Sounds to me like you're the elitist, with entitlement issues. Go buy your note and have a nice day. Still not an apple ;) and youre just mad because everyone knows it. Even you.

Yes I really care what tech device people see me out in public with! I buy a phone because of fashion not because it works well!

I don't even like samsung by the way. And you're the one saying it's easily avoidable. Go tell that to the people on here, reddit, and youtube who have had it bend in their front pocket.

srichterss

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
The bend test video we all know was unfair they need to use a new iphone 6+ without any bend.

Yes, I've mentioned this. And that he didn't put pressure on the middle of the phone, his thumb was right on the edge of the phone at the volume button, which it was already bent at. I don't care if you say that's a weak spot regardless. Not a fair test at all.

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Yes I really care what tech device people see me out in public with! I buy a phone because of fashion not because it works well!

I don't even like samsung by the way. And you're the one saying it's easily avoidable. Go tell that to the people on here, reddit, and youtube who have had it bend in their front pocket.

Lol. If you want to reduce me down to that level feel free. That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying the majority of individuals with bent iPhones didn't do so with just sticking them in their pocket, and if they did then it is due to a small number of bad phones in circulation IF what they're saying is entirely true.

How do I know this? I have had the phone over a week, I've sat on it on accident, in my back pocket, twice now. I've had it in my front pocket all day every day. I use it constantly. I am careful with it because I know it's expensive, but I use it constantly.

No bends, not even a slight warp. So my theory is the majority of the people somehow put more strain on their phone then they 'realized' or care to admit. Even the op said he danced with it at a wedding... Or, maybe we have some less than honest people who don't want to appear foolish, and want to get attention, so they exacerbate the issue for their own entertainment.

All I know is that I have been less than extremely cautious with my phone for a week now and it's just fine.

I know that apple tested these phones 15,000 different ways, with sophisticated equipment, and are smart enough to know releasing a device that 'bent in your pocket under normal wear' would be a poor move for them, I just dont think they would do that, and I believe their testing facility is fully capable of recreating whatever circumstances alleged bender victims have hypothesized.

But it still goes back to the most basic reduced fact: If you believe a phone this thin or this long will not bend if you try to force it to bend, you're an idiot. If you feel you can increase the footprint of a phone almost 3x your former one and you don't have to adjust the way you use it, you're an idiot. And if you think that because someone intentionally tries to snap one in half and succeeds that it is a poorly made product? ...

Anyhow

mjdart

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjdart View Post

Being a shareholder of AAPL and a soon to ship iPhone 6 Plus owner, I'm watching this closely and this is the latest information from Fidelity provided by Market Watch. Apple has only been contacted by 9 iPhone 6 users complaining of bending. see link for more.

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/erese...=NEWS_SVC&sb=1

Welcome to the forum since joining yesterday!

#troll alert!!!

Who are you FMCARV? I'm new here because this site seems to have information that is up to date and factual. I have been a member of many forums for close to 25 years.Tip your cards - poser

Sorry to have to offended the rest of you guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.