Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
That phone he basically ripped had no battery?

No it had to have a battery it was on when he was using it. You can clearly see the screen.

But something definitely didn't seem right about that phone. Looked like it had been dismantled already, not to mention that the sounds it made were not like any of the other alleged test phones that were pushed apart. Screen popped off without breaking too which didn't happen with many of them.. Screen broke before it popped off on almost all of them.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
No it had to have a battery it was on when he was using it. You can clearly see the screen.

But something definitely didn't seem right about that phone. Looked like it had been dismantled already, not to mention that the sounds it made were not like any of the other alleged test phones that were pushed apart. Screen popped off without breaking too which didn't happen with many of them.. Screen broke before it popped off on almost all of them.

Something is off. If anyone thinks that is a real iphone they are crazy. It was like paper.

Nsite

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Something is off. If anyone thinks that is a real iphone they are crazy. It was like paper.

Yeah a professional body builder at square trade who can bench 402 lbs struggled to bend it. This is doctored in one way or another for sure.

BBD90

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
My iPhone 6+ also bent but not as bad as some of the others posting here. It's a slight bend and you can only see it if I put it flat on a table on it's screen and push down on one of the corners.

Today was the first day I took the phone out and all I did was go to a restaurant and come back home.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
My iPhone 6+ also bent but not as bad as some of the others posting here. It's a slight bend and you can only see it if I put it flat on a table on it's screen and push down on one of the corners.

Today was the first day I took the phone out and all I did was go to a restaurant and come back home.

Maybe your table is warped

BBD90

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Maybe your table is warped

I'll try another flat surface and come back.

Nope, the second table results are the same as the first table result.

Also the phone is warped not bent, I couldn't think of that word before hand.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
Seems so.

I don't see how Apple wouldn't have known this to be possible and even probable. They, like almost every other company, run their products through many stress tests. I just can't imagine they haven't had this come up in the design stage or the testing stage. They will do something fairly big to nip this in the bud. Unfortunately, I can't imagine what it could be next to a recall all together. A hard case? Really? That's just not going to cut it. This is and will be huge, and can only get bigger as time goes on without addressing this in a big way. I think this will end up costing at least hundreds of millions to rectify and ultimately fix. What a nightmare. I have the 6 Plus and am very interested in how they address this.

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we...
2014 - Bendgate,
2013 - Touchgate
2012 - Lensgate,
2011 - Batterygate
2010 - Antenna Gate
Here's an idea. Don't bend your phone. And realise that Apple spends millions testing these things. Realise that it is affecting a couple dozen people out of 10+ million sold. And that the media pushing this tripe is probably being pushed by Samsung.

Burrstone

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Long Island, NY
I received my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB spacegray at about 3pm on Friday and set it up, but haven't worn it out that day, so it wasn't in my pocket.

Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back.

So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly.

As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive (yes, sitting again :rolleyes:), I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted. Now I lay it flat with the display side on the table, take a look.

Maybe at 5.5" it is too thin?

Sorry if this has been covered in the last 50 pages but I have to be up early... I'm wondering if people who had this problem had the metal or screen towards their leg?

I keep the phone screen toward my leg out of habit because when I first got an iphone I was scared I'd hit the phone on something like a door or subway turnstyle and crack the glass...

Maybe at 5.5" it is too thin?

Even if this turns into an isolated incident they should've made the aluminum thicker or used a different metal...

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Funnily enough, the iPhone looks a lot like the Galaxy S5. Oh, and Samsung also supply most of the A8 processors too. Very innovative, isn't it?

I personally don't use crApple or $amsung because I prefer a phone that doesn't bend or break. You know, a phone that actually works? It's called HTC. Maybe you crApple and $amsung fanboy's should try using one?

Sorry, I forgot that iPhone users can't use products that require a little bit of creativity, or they don't like products that can be tailored to the way you want it, like total UI customisation without having to root or jailbreak.

So why are you here again? To provide nothing useful, gotcha. Have a nice day.

sAiyAnstAr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
He's a fandroid on the wrong forum

But at least Android works the way the user wants it. You don't have to be restricted to the same, boring UI as every other iFail user. Plus, most of the "new" features that were released in iOS8 have been around since 2012 on Android devices. Maybe if Apple released something that was ACTUALLY new, I would give them some sort of respect. But releasing features that blatantly copy Android's functionality is not innovation. It's called copying.

Please tell me one "new" feature that is available on iOS 8 that wasn't already on Android. This includes App store apps too.

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
But at least Android works the way the user wants it. You don't have to be restricted to the same, boring UI as every other iFail user. Plus, most of the "new" features that were released in iOS8 have been around since 2012 on Android devices. Maybe if Apple released something that was ACTUALLY new, I would give them some sort of respect. But releasing features that blatantly copy Android's functionality is not innovation. It's called copying.

Please tell me one "new" feature that is available on iOS 8 that wasn't already on Android. This includes App store apps too.

LOL
seriously?

android copied everything from Apple

Including Apps, smartphones etc etc

sAiyAnstAr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
LOL
seriously?

android copied everything from Apple

Including Apps, smartphones etc etc

Wow, I hope that you aren't speaking on behalf of all Apple users, because you have just demonstrated their sheer lack of intelligence.

You do realise that Android don't make smartphone's, right? Android is an Operating System, you know, like the one that the iPhone uses which I believe is called iOS, and it does awesome things like prevent you from connecting to your mobile network so you can make phone calls.

IBM actually created the first ever smartphone called IBM Simon. So Apple can't claim credit for that.

Also, let's have a look below:

bxhwndmciaav70q.jpg

booksbooks

Suspended
Aug 28, 2013
And only a fool would believe that this is just like every other phone, and should be treated as such, regardless of its dimensions and build.

You can put it in your pocket though. For your information.

It is a small tablet, that can make calls, and is designed for those who appreciate larger screens and ingest an above average amount of multimedia content. It's not just 'a phone'.

You don't want to be careful with a 950 dollar investment? Don't invest in an above average screen size super thin phablet. Buy a ****** phone. End of story.

Another Apple apologist with no experience in business or reality. Yawn.

----------

And neither do these. Or at least less than a tenth of a percent of them do.

Sorry, you speak symantics. I use logical thought and my own brain to see quite clearly it is not a typical phone.

And because I have free will and a working brain I can 'see' with my own eyes that this device is not to be treated casually. It's not priced casually, specced casually, and it does not appear as a casual device. It is, like any other expensive piece of technology, sophisticated. Therefor treat it as such or go buy some other junk.

Jesus get a grip. None of us have any idea what the true reality is but the test is undeniable. You can bend the iPhone 6 Plus fairly easily where trying multiple times with other phones like the Moto X (5.2" screen) and Lumia does not bend them. They're solid as a rock and do not require any cases.

----------

Jesus end of story. Taking the video to be true, the Plus is a fragile, bendable beast. My god Apple, fire Tim Cook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKXvupYes4

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
iPhone 6 Plus slightly bent after 2 days

I really think Macrumours admin should start deleting these threads about the bending.

It's a non-issue people are still buying these phones like they're hot cakes.

Another sale started today with millions of iPhones sold out within minutes in the rest of Europe.

these threads are just fodder for fandroids and Smugsung fans to come and throw out their frustrations on their plastic pieces of crap..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.