iPhone 6S killer feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesjingyi, Aug 29, 2015.

1. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

I know that everybody has been going on about Force Touch and haptic feedback along with better cameras but do you think the killer feature for this phone could be that you can multi-window multitask on it? Maybe the 2GB of RAM will enable this since the iPad Air 2 can do it. Maybe this will be that 'killer feature' everyone is hoping for?

Just a thought

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I can see have multiple windows open on my iPad Air 2 but not on the iPhone, even the 6+ size would be difficult. We will soon see what Apple has made for us.

3. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

No.

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

It would be a welcome addition but hardly a killer feature. Doubt it would be exclusive to the new iPhones anyhow.

5. chabig macrumors 68040

I think the killer feature will be that it's the best, most powerful iPhone ever. In other words, I'm not looking for a killer feature.

6. ACG12 macrumors 6502

I liked this feature on my old Galaxy s3 and it was only a 4.7" display. I would love to have it on my 6+

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

It's a nice thing to have...and a must for flagships these days. You must be able to have a bunch of apps open

8. appleforme macrumors member

I have force touch on my Apple Watch and multi-window tasking on my iPad with iOS 9 beta and rarely use either one. I think that they are both overrated. Just give me a little more horsepower and memory under the hood and I'll be a happy camper!

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I agree about forcetouch. It is a nice alternative to going into a settings menu, but I only use it b.c you have to on the apple watch to change watch faces. Far from a killer feature.

The camera is already really good, so I do not think an upgrade will be "killer". It would probably be the RAM allowing for better multitasking and stopping websites from reloading.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Hope they have it for you but the majority of iPhone users would never use the feature

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Lol. Most iPhone users do NOT need to have a bunch of apps open but if it works for you, that is what make things great. To me having a bunch of apps open and having two of them running on the screen at the same time is quite different.

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If you are paying £800 for a device something as simple as having as many apps open should not fail. With 2GB it will be fine like it is on the air 2

13. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Yeah, but you have to understand what Newtons is saying. Most people would have no idea that problem even exist. If I tried to explain that problem to friends or co-workers I would get the blank stare.

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The killer feature is all the money Apple continues to make from keeping us hyped up, opening our wallets and handing them our cash.

Some things never change, now where'd I put my wallet...:D

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Agreed the average user it isn't an issue. For power users it might be

Generally there are more average users than power users

16. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Good point. It's like saying to your coworker: "imagine that instead of driving just one car, BAM, you can instantly be driving two cars!"

It's just not that big of a deal on a mobile. On a desktop, yes.

17. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I think they also need split-view on the :apple:Watch ;)

18. noobinator macrumors 601

The killer feature I want is safari the not refreshing. And the plus to not have orientation issues.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the phone has matured to the point where I doubt very much we'll see a killer feature. I hope we don't see a thinner phone, but rather a more study phone. Better battery life, and maybe force touch in some form

20. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

No.

21. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I think it would have to be. The 6/6 Plus won't have enough RAM to support it, hell they can barely support one app at a time now. The Air 2 is the only iPad that supports split screen now and I am pretty sure it's not because it has the faster processor, but the additional RAM.

I can see it happening. The 6 Plus has a lot of real estate vertically and it can put that it to work in better, more efficient ways. Then when it rotates, instead of the apps being on-top of each other, they can be side by side. It's amazing to think what could fit on a 5.5" display.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry I just can't see the advantage of two apps open I'm such a small screen.

23. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I can. I think Apple is going to be able to nail it on this phone, but we'll all see come the 9th.

24. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I think the "killer" feature will be force-touch, even though many websites don't think it will be. I don't see it as a "must-have" feature, but what else could Apple advertise this time around?

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

But then again Apple references Siri rather prominently on the invite to the iPhone event...