Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Sufficient RAM finally. :p

My vote goes to that laminated screen technology they have on the iPad Air 2, increased RAM, upgraded processor and some other do-dad to go along with the watch.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Sufficient RAM finally. :p

My vote goes to that laminated screen technology they have on the iPad Air 2, increased RAM, upgraded processor and some other do-dad to go along with the watch.

Actually iPhone screens are laminated to the glass since the iPhone 5.

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
Iphone 6s needs 5mp front cam and upgraded rear cam ... S for selfie ( i guess u need a forceful tag for S)

It might not have force touch .. We always think that they did something to macbook, they will do similer thing to ios devices ... They do something good for developing personality of device not to tag each and every product with name of every inventions ... Macbook doesn't have touch id feature .. Because its best for ios devices yet .. Force touch may not be useful for ios devices as much we think ... Yes apple is expensive **** but they never provide things for which we pay but we never need it ..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It'll basically be whatever 's'-word some people decide to attribute to it--kind of like making shapes out of clouds in the sky.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I think back in the day when the 3GS was rolled out, it stood for speed, after that, it was just a differentiator, that is, it really didn't mean anything.

You are correct! I remember watching that keynote a few days after the phone came out.

Wikipedia said:
This iPhone is named "3GS" where "S" stood for Speed (Phil Schiller had mentioned it in the launch keynote).

Wikipedia Link.

Since then, I think it has mainly just been Speed as well, or second edition. I don't see any ground breaking features coming that would really rock the boat, maybe just a spec bump this time.

Actually iPhone screens are laminated to the glass since the iPhone 5.

Actually, since the iPhone 4 when the Retina display was introduced.

CrashX

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
Surreal - because Jony needs an alternative to "Amazing!"

Or maybe just "Simply" - but that would remove the word he uses before "Amazing".

Second year/Same phone - line up, Suckers?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Surreal - because Jony needs an alternative to "Amazing!"

Or maybe just "Simply" - but that would remove the word he uses before "Amazing".

Second year/Same phone - line up, Suckers?
When has the phone been the same in the second year (as in the 's' version)?

CrashX

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
When has the phone been the same in the second year (as in the 's' version)?

You're right - I believe the "S" is for "Stupendously Slimmer". With each and every new iPhone, Jony Ives is simply amazed at the new breakthroughs they've been able to attain. And people line up in droves to behold the miraculous new technology that will surely enhance their lives in unimaginable ways.

I just request one that's smaller and won't shatter when I drop it. But apparently, that's asking too much.

I'd go for "S" for "Shatterproof" if they offered that. That'd be awesome!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You're right - I believe the "S" is for "Stupendously Slimmer". With each and every new iPhone, Jony Ives is simply amazed at the new breakthroughs they've been able to attain. And people line up in droves to behold the miraculous new technology that will surely enhance their lives in unimaginable ways.

I just request one that's smaller and won't shatter when I drop it. But apparently, that's asking too much.

I'd go for "S" for "Shatterproof" if they offered that. That'd be awesome!
Well, technically it's the non-s versions that offer physical redesigns while the s ones remain mostly the same as far as physical appearance goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.