iPhone 7 plus annoying clicking/creaking sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t1m1t, Sep 19, 2016.

1. HEK Suspended

HEK

Why.....why you ask......I'll tell you why.......they tried to find something else wrong with it, but it took twisting it to start feeling bad about new iPhone .......again. That's why!

2. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

Anyone tried this and can confirm it may work? You'd think with this device being water-resistant and all they'd have 'em tightened to the brink...

3. mydogeatsbeats macrumors member

mine is doing that noise too, oh ****... noticed it at first after putting display cover on it...

:/

anyone tried that screw thing?? I really like my 7 plus but this is annoying!

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

5. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

I tried it, seemed to work only slightly if at all... Not sure what to think.

6. mydogeatsbeats macrumors member

Was at 2 local resellers their Black iPhone 7 plus were creaking even worse... , while their iphone 6s plus were totally fine.

I fear that If I get a new one it will also creak as hell.

What is wrong with apples quality management?

7. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I noticed it a bit right when I took it out of the box, since then I haven't heard it. I am not going to try and reproduce anything though.

8. kougra6541 macrumors regular

I'm noticing the same thing with my 7+ as well.

I don't think taking it back anytime soon to get a replacement will make any difference. I will probably wait a few months and see if there is any update on if this is an issue or normal.

I do fear it compromises the water resistance seals though in the screen.

9. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

Mine does it. Good damn. Mine has the video static issues as well, and now this. :mad:

10. t1m1t thread starter macrumors regular

I got my phone replaced for a 128gb black 7+ (From a 32gb 7+), and it has the same problem as well (minus the front panel clicking sound). The left center creaks are more pronounced on this one too. I then went to Best Buy and checked to see if their 7+ did the same; yup! I guess the majority of 7+ models have this issue, and there's nothing that can be done other than returning the phone completely...

11. mydogeatsbeats macrumors member

I returned it completely and will stick to my iphone 6s, man I missed the headphone jack. Iphone 6s is also more fluent in in ios 10 than iphone 7

12. mclarenf1 macrumors newbie

Mine does the same thing. Just the lightest pressure and it creaks. It sounds as if it's adhesive moving in the joint. Not a good feeling. And, if it creaks now, what about in months to come?

13. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

14. mydogeatsbeats, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

mydogeatsbeats macrumors member

it is not dumb!

I payed 1009 € for this phone. The iPhone 6S Plus - does not - creak at all. my iphone 6s neither.

It does not ONLY creak when its twisted! It is - also - creaking if you just use force touch on the display. Twisting the phone just prooves that the problem exists.

MAYBE its legit not to call this an apparent defect, and I say that as a lawyer, but for me it is not acceptable for a phone in this price range. It depends on how meticulous the judge would be in a real lawsuit

15. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

Well I had the creaking issue, as previously mentioned... I put my phone underwater in the lake today and it's still fine. Got some good underwater pics, very interesting. Who knows...

16. clifgriffin macrumors member

Mine is doing the same thing. Clicking sound on the left side whenever there is pressure at the diagnol corners in an opposite direction. It seems to have just started yesterday.

I also worry about the water resistance, though regardless it is not intended for underwater photography so you're asking for trouble if you do that!

17. CYKBC macrumors 6502

This has been a feature of the iPhone since 5. Get used to it.

18. ILikeiPhones macrumors newbie

I just tightened the two Pentalobe screws on the bottom of my 7 Plus and it seems to have fixed the creaking issue. They were surprisingly loose for a brand new device.

19. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

Sounds promising, I'll test it out as soon as my iPhone gets delivered (hopefully on Tuesday).

20. newellj macrumors 603

I had two that did this with HD video recording (very noticeable) and other high-load applications. I returned them. I'll replace them if Apple fixes this. It's either noisy ICs or RF interference. It's highly unlikely that they can fix this with software/firmware updates.

21. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

What size screw is it?

22. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

That's a take!

23. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

May I ask what color pluses you guys have? I have a gold 7 plus and no sound at all. I noticed a few on here said they had black 7 pluses and someone said the 7 pluses at Best Buy made the sound, don't they also use the black iPhones for the display? Maybe it is only with black pluses or I could be wrong.

24. numb3rmonkey macrumors member

numb3rmonkey

I have the 7+ Black. Mine clicks. When flexed, it clicks. Pressing the home button, it clicks after not having used the phone in a while. I must be using the phone wrong.

25. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular