iPhone confessions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeblow7777, Jul 20, 2016.

1. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

this is a thread in which to make serious or silly confessions related to your iPhones. No judgement.

Confession: the thing I get most excited about for a major iOS release is seeing what new stock wallpapers will be offered.

Confession: (related to above) I sometimes become obsessed with switching wallpapers. Sometimes going through several in a single day. To the point where if you to ask me what the wallpaper on my phone is at a given moment I may have to turn it on to check.

Confession: I often turn on my phone just to mindless flip through home screens or settings. Sometimes home and lock screen can account for as much as 30% of my battery usage!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Confession: I have actually given some thought to owning an iPhone 4/4s as a media device (but NEVER as my primary phone).

God help me!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

As soon as I wake up in the morning I like to sit for 5-10 minutes and use my iPhone to browse and check out news sites before I do anything else.
    Don't judge me:D

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use a 17" PowerBook G4 Mac for that each morning. :D

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

This is the primary use of the iPhone isn't it? That and for reading on the toilet :D

6. joeblow7777 thread starter macrumors 601

Does that even count as a confession? Doesn't everybody?? :p Well, I use my iPad rather than phone but same idea. My day doesn't start until I've checked my email, Facebook, Twitter, and a few news outlets.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2016 ---
    Which reminds me...

Confession: I do use my iPhone on the toilet. It has never fallen in though. I am VERY careful about that.

7. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Confession : I've never had a bad experience I couldn't figure out in over 7 years with an iPhone, Jailbroken or not. Everything has always worked perfect, or I've been able to rectify the problem. I can't relate to 90% of the issues people have, and often feel 'alone' in my success

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, with me is before I even wash my face, brush my teeth, no breakfast, shower or getting dressed or anything else done.
    Just straight iPhone as soon as I open my eyes:D

9. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Confession part 2: I can't use the restroom without my phone........ Like at all.....

10. joeblow7777 thread starter macrumors 601

Confession: I have 3 different cases for my phone. None of them cost more than $15, but I still feel a little guilty for indulging in such a superficial redundancy.

11. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Confession: I never use my iPhone in the bathroom.
    That's why I'd never buy a second hand phone.

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Confession: sometimes I like to unlock my iPhone and just stare at it for a while.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Confession: I took my wife to the Apple store in August 2013 for her very first Apple experience of buying a brand new iPhone (the iPhone 5).

Confession: My wife didn't get it (the Apple experience) and asked me why I couldn't have just left her at home and taken care of it on my own. :(

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

LMAO when someone doesn't share your joy.

15. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

My girlfriend does not like coming with me to the Apple Store. Even got frustrated trying to get me a Christmas present from there and there is no cashier.

16. yaboyjay65 macrumors newbie

Confession: I've bought six red Apple leather cases within the last year and a half because they look awesome at first but start to look crappy after a couple of months.

17. eyoungren, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oh, there's a cashier. The cash drawers are hidden underneath the tables. Any genuius can check you out - even if it was not the genius dealing with you.

That aside, my wife has no love for tech. She can appreciate what it allows her to do or accomplish but it's not even a tool for her. It's a means to an end. She once thought computers were a fad and that the craze would be over in a year.

I've had to drag her kicking and screaming every step of the way into the 20th AND 21st centuries. On the other hand, once she can determine that something has made her life just so much easier compared to the old way she clung to she does change.

But the excitement and energy around a tech product release or experience - the kind of thing that binds a lot of us together around here. No, not her. :D

18. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Confession: I force close my apps after I use them just so they don't appear in multitasking.

Confession: I search embarrassing (to me) things in private mode even though I don't sync Safari and have Touch ID enabled.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Confession:

I take my wife to "random" new spots around he state where I know an Apple Store is. When we "stumble" upon the Apple Store we go in and I pretend to not want stuff. Occasionally she offers to let me buy something.

20. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Confession: Apple has become so stagnant but I don't wander off to Android only because of imessage, that one little feature has kept me. I have a few group messages and I hate the little green bubbles now o_O

21. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

They wouldn't be green bubbles if you're using Android.

22. jenni122701, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

- I carry my iPhone everywhere with me, even just room to room in the house or when I'm in kitchen.
    - I am obsessed with closing apps, I don't know why but it drives me crazy if I don't.
    - I am obsessed with new Apple stuff and love to read all news/boards on Apple iPhones/iPads/iOS that I can find. Nobody else here at home can relate really. Grrr.
    - I also check stuff on my iPhone right before I go to sleep and right when I wake.

[​IMG]

23. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Confession: Own a sparkling iPhone6S that runs flawlessly, yet still exclusively use my iPhone4S because it is running 6.1.3

24. joeblow7777 thread starter macrumors 601

Confession: I don't get the fuss over iMessage. You're not the first person who I've heard say that it is the sole reason they stick with iOS. There are many free cross-platform messaging apps, like What's App or even Facebook Messenger.

25. pixel_junkie macrumors regular

pixel_junkie

You lost me there. What does that even mean?