Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Yeah the "Real developers" get pissed when they see people install the betas like me "non-developer". However, that's my/our decision but if Apple actually makes a worse beta (most people say this), why would you want to install even you are the "real developer". That's just does not make any sense to me. Why not a better beta?

It may be worse for the everyday user but they probably released it in the first place because they added/updated API's for the developer. Any apps that use the camera are out of luck until Beta 3 though, so I agree with you there. But Beta's are more for the stuff we don't see than the actual UI.

ChazB

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
When you hold down the .com button on the keyboard you now can also choose .us from the list of top level domains. Sometines just a . is there to choose as well.

jmdfd415

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
I having a problem where I can not turn off the phone. If I hold the top button it does nothing I have to hold the home and the top button the get it to turn off. Also I have to restart my phone to get it to connect to my computer or to charge it. Is anyone else having these problems?

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
I having a problem where I can not turn off the phone. If I hold the top button it does nothing I have to hold the home and the top button the get it to turn off. Also I have to restart my phone to get it to connect to my computer or to charge it. Is anyone else having these problems?

I did with Beta 1.

C.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2010
It may be worse for the everyday user but they probably released it in the first place because they added/updated API's for the developer. Any apps that use the camera are out of luck until Beta 3 though, so I agree with you there. But Beta's are more for the stuff we don't see than the actual UI.

That's what I meant actually. There are developers who must use camera for their apps. So, if I were a real developer needing the camera, I would not be happy.

rpeterslll

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2009
Camera app works within the messages app. Only when you what to snap a picture and use it in an MMS to send. Its take a little while but it works since its not trying to add it to the camera roll.

Jongewehr

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2009
Camera app works within the messages app. Only when you what to snap a picture and use it in an MMS to send. Its take a little while but it works since its not trying to add it to the camera roll.

very nice find, ill be using this instead of flickr, an just save the pics later on.

Wheezy13

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Just noticed this, when you have a missed call, it now displays the name of the caller even if they aren't in your contacts. Previously (for me at least) it would only display the caller's number even if their ID was visible at the call accept/decline screen.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
I've noticed a few things. Most annoying... Everytime I type "me" it changes it to mr or ms. Never done that before... Anyone else notice that? You also have to force quit the settings app in order for newly installed apps to show up in the notifications section of the settings app.

I was glad to see "places" feature working in the photo app and the new animation switching between multitasking apps is cool. I can't wait until "faces" works in the photos app.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
I was glad to see "places" feature working in the photo app and the new animation switching between multitasking apps is cool. I can't wait until "faces" works in the photos app.

Places not working on my end. And auto-correction is completely off for me. Sometimes I'll hit D and it will type S as well. Even after trying very hard to press accurately. Happens often.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin

I did not have this problem in beta 1 but I am now having it with beta 2.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
i have a bug i cant take photos it will snap the pic but not suck it into the little box with the preview of the photo and then it will freeze. i can tap the home button and go to my home screen but the pic wont save:(

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
faces works on my 3G just fine

User just needs to sync iphoto album with faces in I think - then there's a list of faces in itunes , photos tab when you've selected your device on the left hand side and are looking at the information for it.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
User just needs to sync iphoto album with faces in I think - then there's a list of faces in itunes , photos tab when you've selected your device on the left hand side and are looking at the information for it.

No, mine is sync'd with iPhoto and it doesn't work. Places only works once and then the app has to be restarted before you can see another pic.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I wonder if it's not a bug but that Apple isn't allowing it based on the device not being powerful enough...which we all know is a load of ****.

Eh, looks like it. You have to hack the beta to get the background working. Very strange that'd they disable home screen wallpapers on the 3G.

davidChief

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2006
Warwickshire, UK
Places not working on my end. And auto-correction is completely off for me. Sometimes I'll hit D and it will type S as well. Even after trying very hard to press accurately. Happens often.

Same problem here - the keyboard was preventing me from typing the i character however hard I tried! Deleted all the text and started again and it worked fine. Weird!

pudrums

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
Install went fine and the beta2 runs pretty smooth, too. Camera starts but doesn't save, screenshot isn't even usable.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
Not quite the same way. Beta 1 doesn't allow me to stay in the same spot. I have to reopen a game anytime I want to switch to it.

Beta 2 however the game resumes at the exact same spot it was closed at.

I then switched back to beta 1 to confirm this. Also, in beta 2, the apps that werent working like Espgaluda 2 (excellent game!) are now working again.

Also in Beta 2 try turning to airplane mode, or turning on and off 3G, it wont work.

Did you even read what I quoted? He said:

I've noticed a bit of multitasking going on, I have been in my settings menu left and when I go back later it opens at the last screen I was at instead of the normal way it would open the settings

And I said I could do this in beta 1 already, which I could. I was referring to the settings app, as he mentioned in his post. No where did he mention games, or did I...

Just noticed this, when you have a missed call, it now displays the name of the caller even if they aren't in your contacts. Previously (for me at least) it would only display the caller's number even if their ID was visible at the call accept/decline screen.

Ya... I had this in 3.0

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008

I dont understand... How could it possibly show you the caller's name if it's not in your contacts? where is it getting the name from? Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.