iPhone SE 2 Rumors Remain Conflicted Over Design and Release Date

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 14, 2018.

1. fairuz macrumors 68020

fairuz

Read my signature, and welcome to my block list. You're the first one to join it.

2. Critycal, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018

Critycal macrumors regular

Two types of the iPhone SE does explain the many (11!) typenumbers that Apple registered as well. It only conflicts with the statement of Ming Chi Kuo that Apple won’t have sufficient resources to make even one new iPhone SE next to the three iPhones they will release in September.

Anyway, I will follow the iPhone SE news with interest.

3. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

They can almost do whatever they want with the SE2. As long as the size is the same, I’ll buy it.
    However, if there’s only small upgrades, I might wait. My SE is doing perfectly fine.
    Except that Apple screwed up iCloud sync, so that doesn’t work in neither that nor my iPad to any degree of satisfaction. But I sync with my NAS anyway...

Give me a small se-xy one :p
    That’s the only phone of Apple’s I’m interested in anyway.
    No iPad mini as a phone, oh no.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Sure but the point is, why would Apple design a phone with a notch if it wasn't to accommodate FaceID sensors? It's difficult to imagine why anyone thinks this is a real possibility.

5. dampfnudel macrumors 68040

Well, if they can’t change the design, maybe they could at least give the SE 2 an A11 and 3GB of RAM. My mom will probably need some one by the end of the year. Her 5s is over 4-years-old.

6. SparkOnShore macrumors member

“General software engineering” and you still believe that Bluetooth with Apple’s W1 chip degrades sound through Apple Music, in 2018!! What can I say??! It’s just pity! You still believe that plugging 1,50 met cable gives you better sound in an Apple device! I suggest you do a blind test and if you can come up with the conclusion that cabled was better then by all means, go on hitting cables while walking!! Thanks for blocking by the way and welcome to 1960! Just stop writing like you write to idiots, because we are not!
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2018 ---
    I upgraded from iPhone 7 to X and I got “much better in many meaningful ways”, including screen size in a small form factor, screen quality, battery, camera and many many more! You have a peculiar point of view with which you try hard to convince everybody, that running cables is better, SE is better than X, buy phone or computer every 5 years, and you believe you got it right by saying that Bluetooth degrades sound on iPhone! Well, no it does not, and it’s no big deal to charge 30 minutes per day while sleeping one third device, which will give you the freedom to listen to your music far and untethered from your phone, wherever you are. Leaving your phone in your backpack or on your desk and go on listening...Depends on one’s lifestyle of course, if you are sedentary then cable would make no difference I guess...

7. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Man I hope Apple will never ditch 5S design...just to improve it a little bit and all good.
    That design is the best and is timeless!

8. Wanted797 macrumors 6502a

Wanted797

Anyone with the iPhone 7 or later can still listen to music. You even get some new headphones in the box!

9. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

Apple certainly can change the design of the SE! It a design that has been release since September 21, 2012 with the iPhone 5!

10. JPack macrumors 601

JPack

The TrueDepth module is too big for the iPhone SE. The notch design only makes sense for wider phones. Otherwise, the display areas beside the notch are too small to be usable.

11. Tech198 macrumors G5

"Chinese accessory makers"

How can one possibly lead this from a accessory maker when they start well before a product is even out. in the likelihood it will be out.

The iPhone SE 2 could be real, but i'm not believing a case maker

12. H818H macrumors member

I don't know where to start....

13. kahkityoong macrumors 6502

kahkityoong

LOL I love tech and have plenty of money. And for that reason I would never consider Bluetooth headphones. Sorry but there are no BT headphones or earbuds that I consider capable of delivering acceptable quality of music. They may be fine for you.

14. Tech198 macrumors G5

The SE (or similar) as a budget phone always... if you never have a budget phone, why would people just buy an expensive one?

I would even say one model. not two... its a budget phone.. but the more u start adding stuff won't be the same price anymore. (Battery aside, because no matter the better battery, Apple finds a way to keep it the same price.)

There are those out there that choose to spend with the wallet, not by what a company says.

That's the whole point Apple bought out the SE was due to that.

15. Blade Runner 2049 Suspended

Blade Runner 2049

If Apple makes the next SE as it looks in that mock-up I will buy it. I want the SE a form factor with edge to edge screen similar to X

16. hotcocoa macrumors member

Maybe they would do face unlock but not have a TrueDepth camera? Security-wise this would obviously be worse, but it seems totally possible technically and in terms of cost. Provides a larger screen in a small body while maintaining low cost. Or maybe they’ve figured out a low cost way to do faceid without the 3D dot projection.

17. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Wireless audio is not as good as wired. If you disagree you've probably been listening to too much bad music to notice.

18. dampfnudel macrumors 68040

I should’ve said well, if they can’t change the design because they’re too greedy...

19. everythingapplerainbow macrumors regular

everythingapplerainbow

IMO there will only be 3 kinds of iPhone this September,
    new iPhone SE replacing iPhone 6s, 7
    iPhone 8, 8 plus remaining the same price
    iPhone X, X plus with A12 chip

I just hope that the iPhone SE will have the 7 form factor, but that is unlikely

20. SparkOnShore macrumors member

It’s better for someone to admit that he is not aware of a single thing than pretending knowing when meanwhile he knows nothing at all about audio. So pall, you are someone completely ignorant about audio who thinks he knows...Bluetooth in general is still a little behind, not a lot anymore, but still giving a little latency now and then etc. But Bluetooth on an Apple device with W1 chip, is exactly the same with cable. No latency at all and full transmission of the Apple’s proprietary AAC 256 codec, through Apple Music, which is a really high quality compression codec with absolutely no discernible info lost. To all ignorants like you I always recommend to apply a blind test and if ever your ears will understand any minor, tiny difference, then please by all means use the 30s tech. But you will not hear any difference, not in a million years...because there simply is no difference...Thanks and all the best to your world of ignorance!
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2018 ---
    Make a blind test, and if you hear any difference, come and tell us. For now just know you’re wrong! I listen on Apple Music, AAC full transmission and sounds awesome without any lost info...I don’t know what is bad Music... I guess there is no bad or good music, just music.

21. kahkityoong, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018

kahkityoong macrumors 6502

kahkityoong

I'm an ignorant audiophile with Jerry Harvey Angie's, Audeze LCD-X and LCD-3, and Focal Utopia's. Which bluetooth headphones may you suggest that are in any way comparable to these LOL? I have to say your posts are quite entertaining in their hypocrisy. That's around 10K of headgear. Your assertion that people who don't go the Bluetooth route don't have the funds for them is quite ridiculous. You are correct that there certainly is someone ignorant in this discussion LOL.

22. manu chao macrumors 603

There has been way too much smoke from the 6.1" LCD, FaceID iPhone for it not to be there in some form.

23. GustavFH macrumors newbie

Although this is not likely the direction Apple is going with their "cheap iPhone", this is my dream phone. The best combinations og design and finctionality in my opinion.

24. SparkOnShore macrumors member

Since you are a so called “audiophile”, have you ever done a volume matched blind test on different sources? Or are you just spending dad’s money to buy unuseful gear to present to your friends? If you did you would find out that Bluetooth on Apple Music, from AAC 256 codec, is all you will ever need! But you go on buying stuff, it’s perfectly fine! It’s you that these small companies need to make some cash, so it’s ok! Have a nice day!...

25. kahkityoong macrumors 6502

kahkityoong

Don't worry, just having a bit of fun at your expense, watching you throw insults because you haven't a clue about what you're even discussing. The reason my summit head gear sounds extraordinary is because of the cutting edge engineering at the back end of the system not the source code. You're not even making the argument about the correct subject.